Houston Dynamo 2017 Season Thread

41,488 Views | 566 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gig them
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm fine with adding. I just don't want to lose the Honduran connection or Cubo or Martinez or Monatas primarily.
7nine
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yeah definitely, not sure what their contracts are but may need to pay up a bit on them.

Dynamo hopefully can sign some upgrades at other spots.
oh no
AG
Can we keep Elis? I thought I heard that Monterrey or whoever was looking at bringing him back in.
Texaggie7nine
oh no said:

Can we keep Elis? I thought I heard that Monterrey or whoever was looking at bringing him back in.
7nine
Dre_00
oh no said:

There's a built in option to buy in the loan contract. If Dynamo meet those conditions, then he'll be a Dynamo player permanently.

Definitely would like to see additional talent. Cabezas needs to be signed as well. Quioto is already under contract. I actually think now would be a pretty good time to offload Cubo if there's a market for him. He should bring decent value (or at least a ton more than this time last year). But if they kept him, that would be fine too.
gig them
AG
Dre_00
They've been shopping him for a while. The only surprise is that the UNAM deal seemed to happen very quickly.

The question is whether this was a move to effectively pay for the Elis signing or was this a move to allow a new DP to join the team? I hope it's the latter. Even if it is, I don't think they'll fill this spot anytime soon.
gig them
AG
If it's just to grab Elis... do we have the depth for a 4-3-3? If I'm not mistaken, this drops our forward count to four (with the fifth being a second round rookie)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.