Houston Dynamo 2017 Season Thread

41,711 Views | 566 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gig them
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My friend who has the tickets hasn't invited me back since we confirmed that the curse is not only real but extends to the Astros as well.
Texaggie7nine
Tell you what. You buy some tickets and give them to me and I'll invite you.
7nine
Out in Left Field
Bryan98
AG
NOOOOOO!

YES!

NOOOOOO!
Out in Left Field
AG
Cabezas with his cabeza
aggie7911
Why did Wegner start that should not happen again?...Bad Wilmer.
Bryan98
AG
aggie7911 said:

Why did Wegner start that should not happen again?...Bad Wilmer.

I assume he was trying to work the Hondurans back in slowly, since they played in the Gold Cup.
JJxvi
AG
Nm
fig96
AG
So I was out and missed last night's game but the offside call was a pretty interesting little episode, click to see the rest of the thread and the ensuing discussion.

Having not seen the play in question live, I'm assuming offside was called on the attacker that obstructed our defender on the initial ball in.
aggie7911
Interesting since Honduras didn't go that far in the Gold Cup, bold strategy against a good road team in Portland.

How many weeks since the the Hondurans last played?
Bockaneer
AG
said attacker was also off on the initial pass prior to blocking out our defender as seen at the beginning of the clip
fig96
AG
Bockaneer said:

said attacker was also off on the initial pass prior to blocking out our defender as seen at the beginning of the clip

Right, but that's technically not illegal. It's the fact that he interfered with the play from an offside position that makes him offside.
oh no
AG
Alex screwed on not one but two yellows

"Remember why you went to A&M. It's life after the game. ...and I was fortunate to see the big picture then, and knowing that, 'hey, this game is going to end, if you get to play, great! If not, get that education'. A&M is a fraternity after school and the network is unbelievable." - Dat Nguyen
Dre_00
Held on for a point.

Could've snatched all 3 if Remick doesn't sky a free header from 5 yards out.
Bockaneer
AG
At least we can rest easy that the refs don't just call against us at home.
fig96
AG
Dre_00 said:

Held on for a point.

Could've snatched all 3 if Remick doesn't sky a free header from 5 yards out.
Yeah, gotta finish that one.

I thought the second yellow was fair, the first was garbage.
aggie7911
Why didn't the Honduran crew start again? Resting from Gold Cup?
Bryan98
AG
I couldn't watch most of the game because I had a friend in town from Germany, but I saw the Alex sending off, and I thought that second yellow was BS. He did exactly the same thing as Beckerman, except fall over crying, and he gets a second yellow while Beckerman gets nothing. It was a 50-50 ball, they both kicked it with really high boots.
fig96
AG
Bryan98 said:

I couldn't watch most of the game because I had a friend in town from Germany, but I saw the Alex sending off, and I thought that second yellow was BS. He did exactly the same thing as Beckerman, except fall over crying, and he gets a second yellow while Beckerman gets nothing. It was a 50-50 ball, they both kicked it with really high boots.
You can kick at a ball all you want to but you can't go studs up at someone. Beckerman swung at it and Alex came in high cleats showing.

The first call, however, was ridiculous. You've got to at least give both players cards there.
gig them
AG
Alex has a bit of a temper. Sometimes, it fuels him to kick ass all over the field (@ DC, for example). Sometimes, he gets sent off in 90 seconds.

I'll take the good with the bad.
gig them
AG
Hmm...

Dre_00
Dynamo sign Senderos so...yay.
aggie7911
splash?
oh no
AG
feelings seem very neutral about the signing of this Swiss player.

"Remember why you went to A&M. It's life after the game. ...and I was fortunate to see the big picture then, and knowing that, 'hey, this game is going to end, if you get to play, great! If not, get that education'. A&M is a fraternity after school and the network is unbelievable." - Dat Nguyen
gig them
AG
I could take it or leave it. Not great. Not terrible.

Not likely to involve me in a war.
chjoak
AG
Wow... including loan stints this will be his 10th club in 15yrs.
Bryan98
AG
On the one hand, I can imagine our centerback play being better.

On the other hand, it's not that bad. Are we looking to replace Machado with a guy who happens to be exactly the same age, but a bit better? I mean, fair enough. Once your team is fairly solid, as I feel the Dynamo are, you stop working on horrible shortcomings and start working on more incremental upgrades and depth.

I do like the quote from the GM about wanting to bolster the club's strength for the playoffs, something we were all hoping to see more of with the Astros.
chjoak
AG
Legs should be fresh. Only played 27 games in the last 3 years.
JJxvi
AG
Senderos kinda sucks, doesnt he?
fig96
AG
Interesting note:

Dre_00
He was horrible for Rangers last season. He apparently went on trial for 3 weeks, signed a contract, started his first game against Celtic (5-1 loss and got sent off) and played 2 more matches the rest of the season.

I'm trying to talk myself into "Well, maybe it was just the wrong sort of environment" but I'm not a fan of this signing...especially if he makes anything approaching a max salary.
gig them
AG
Jeez, that's dim. Hopefully the moisture-laden soul-crushing heat of Houston can unlock his full potential.
byfLuger41
AG
Join the EPL fantasy, puffs!
fig96
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

Join the EPL fantasy, puffs!
I'm really bad about keeping up with these, but I'll give it a shot again
Bryan98
AG
Dynamo off to a good start!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.