Houston Dynamo 2017 Season Thread

41,750 Views | 566 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gig them
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fig96 said:

gig them said:

That's what happens when you make the rules up on the spot.
Or when LA decides to do it.

We missed a new Zlatan rule by thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much.
Dre_00
You don't need to be a permanent player to be a DP. I think Elis' salary is 600k which is over the threshold. Ergo, a DP. Quioto is only 200k.

I'll be interested to see if the Dynamo try to hold onto Elis after this season. I bet they don't.
gig them
AG
With the development of Manotas, I think we can let Elis go. Seems like we'd have a pretty effective (and young) front three without him.

Edit: For clarity because I don't do the writes good
aggie7911
You misspelled this.
Dre_00
And frankly, he hasn't been great in recent games. He's going to command a hefty salary and transfer and I don't think he's proved worthy of it yet.
Bryan98
AG
If we were to let any forward go, I would argue we should consider Cubo. The question to me is this: How much do you value being a good penalty taker? The USMNT just demonstrated against Nicaragua that penalties aren't free goals, so we should value them somewhere, but I think if you remove Cubo's penalty kicks from his goals scored he doesn't stand out in MLS at all. I'm not mad at him or anything, I'm just not crazy about him. I feel like he's not a very dynamic player.

We currently have a really nice surplus of goal scorers. If I could only pick three of our established forwards to hang on to, I'd pick Quioto, Elis, and Manotas.
Bryan98
AG
aggie7911 said:

You misspelled this.
I'm the one who starred this post, FYI.
aggie7911
You can never have too many goal scorers.
Bryan98
AG
aggie7911 said:

You can never have too many goal scorers.
I'm not saying we should look to get rid of one - I'm saying that I'd rather have Elis than Cubo, if we're assuming that we're letting someone go after the season.

Elis does something that no one else on the team does, at least, not as well as him.
oh no
AG
if the club really values guys who flop around on the pitch like a fish out of water, complain to refs the whole game, and stand around and watch when 9 or 10 of his teammates play defense, but can hit PKs pretty well, then they should definitely keep Cubo.
Bryan98
AG
oh no said:

if the club really values guys who flop around on the pitch like a fish out of water, complain to refs the whole game, and stand around and watch when 9 or 10 of his teammates play defense, but can hit PKs pretty well, then they should definitely keep Cubo.

This guy keeps it 100% trill.
aggie7911
Who will do the robot after goals if cubo leaves?
AG@RICE
AG
Damn, this team finally got watchable again and yall are already trying to run everyone out of town.

At this point I'll keep anyone who can put the ball in the net. I'm still traumatized by Bruin's inability to secure a tap in. I'll gladly keep cubo, he seems quite gifted at the tap in. Sometimes being in the right place at the right time and just letting the ball bounce of you is good enough.
Texaggie7nine
I understand the criticism of Cubo, but at the few games I have gone to this year I have sat right near the field and it seems he is always the most vocal and emotional leader on the field.
7nine
gig them
AG
lol at people trying to run Cubo out of town. am I the only one who thinks his hold up play is actually not all that bad? At home, at least.

But the whole team his hot garbage on the road, so we can't hold that against him.
oh no
AG
hey, i used a winky face. i'm not really trying to run him out of town. he can dive and whine all he wants if he keeps earning PKs and the team keeps winning.
gig them
AG
Wow, we could be up 4-0 at the half. But a giant pile of missed chances has us at 0-0.
Brick Tamland
Another road tie
gig them
AG
Manotas missed at least two absolute sitters.

I miss our diving poacher.
fig96
AG
I'm still amazed at the moment from the end of the first half when their player chose to dive acting as if the ref clipped him where there was almost no contact. I rewound it to make sure, and he's absolutely going down before he even gets to the official.
gig them
AG
Brick Tamland
Road result tonight? D.C. United is terrible
Bryan98
AG
Brick Tamland said:

So is Minnesota.
fig96
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Off to a pretty promising start...
gig them
AG
MAKE THAT 1-7-3 ON THE ROAD

NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER ELEVEN TIMES IN A ROW
Bryan98
AG
Whoop!
gig them
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BW3voIBBDX6
Dre_00
Phillipe Senderos is on trial with the Dynamo.
AG@RICE
AG
Dre_00 said:

My first thought was that he was 38 to 40 years old, but he is actually only 32 (Started at arsenal at 19).

My guess is that he doesn't really have that much left in the tank though.
fig96
AG
AG@RICE said:

Dre_00 said:

My first thought was that he was 38 to 40 years old, but he is actually only 32 (Started at arsenal at 19).

My guess is that he doesn't really have that much left in the tank though.
You'd have to think that he'd be worth picking up just for his experience though (assuming he's a reasonable price and can still play at a decent level). Center backs tend to have pretty good longevity.
Dre_00
He's in his 15th season of professional soccer and has played less than 200 games in his career. That's barely 10 games a year. He's never been healthy and by all accounts, he was horrible at Rangers last season. On top of all of that, you have to make a roster move to acquire him (no more international spots available).

Pass, pass, passity pass...pass, pass, pass, pass-pass.
fig96
AG
Fair points, didn't realize he'd played that little. Seems like he's got a fairly well known name for not that much playing time.
jacht1996
AG
I just discovered the fact that there is an Aggies Dynamo thread on TexAgs!
Y'all ready for the game this weekend?
gig them
AG
Welcome!

Yes, I'm super pumped. I can't make it in person, but I'll definitely catch it on TV. It's a real chance to solidify our playoff run.
oh no
AG
I'll be there

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.