Arsenal 2016-2017 Thread

137,049 Views | 1832 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by agdoc2001
OneBlitzer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Things got interesting towards end of half.
wangus12
AG
quote:
LC should've had a penalty there

He may not get the ball, but it really looks like their feet are side by side more than anything. He should have stayed on his feet because it definitely wasn't enough to go down. Stay up and its an emptynet.
agdoc2001
AG
quote:
quote:
LC should've had a penalty there

He may not get the ball, but it really looks like their feet are side by side more than anything. He should have stayed on his feet because it definitely wasn't enough to go down. Stay up and its an emptynet.

In slow motion I see you're argument, tough not to give at speed of play however.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PJYoung
AG
Can't believe they still don't have a shot on goal.
OneBlitzer
AG
Offensively, Gunners aren't clicking. Hopefully, Wilshire and Ozil can get things going.
wangus12
AG
Agreed. Guess thats why Clattenburg is considered one of the best.

We keep trying to tap it in, tap it in. We've had the opportunities. Now that probably should have been a penalty
wangus12
AG
Probably going to gift this away
byfLuger41
OneBlitzer
AG
One point is OK considering penalty that was not given to Leicester. Not impressed with Arsenal thru two matches.
Mathguy64
AG
Clatts got both calls right.
wangus12
AG
We were marginally the better team based on the chances we were creating. Defense looked better and I really like what Holding has showed. Still not bite in attack. We look timid when we get the ball in the final third and still need an top level striker
OneBlitzer
AG
Mathguy- i'm not going to disagree. Historically, penalty close calls seem to be given. Lucky that two possible penalty calls went the Gunner's way. Could have been a disastrous result with different ref.
wangus12
AG
Bellerin definitely tripped the winger in the second one. It could have easily been 2-nil on two penalties on another day
Dre_00
https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highlight/guy-who-says-hes-an-arsenal-employee-quits-so-arsene-wenger-can-afford-to-spend-money-on-players
wangus12
AG
A true fan. Willing to do anything for the club. If the players loved Arsenal like he did, we'd be Champions every single year
Mathguy64
AG
I think you meant to type "If Arsene Wenger loved Arsenal like he did, we'd be Champions every single year".

Yep I'm pretty sure that's what you meant to type.
chjoak
AG
Not sure what to believe but I read this morning that we were sending our chief negotiator to Spain to finalize Mustafi. Also a number of reports of us doing some quick scouting on W/CF prospects.

Also AW actually responded to questions about Mustafi specifically which means the deal is done or he is getting desperate because he has a policy of not talking about specific players until they are signed and sealed.
agdoc2001
AG
Some reliable journalists are confirming the Lucas Perez interest this morning. Looks like this one may actually get over the line. Not the kind of signing that gets the pulse racing, is it?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
byfLuger41
gougler08
AG
Who the **** is Lucas Perez?
wangus12
AG
Average striker in La Liga. Scored like 15 goals in his first full year in the league last year. Basically nothing special. Probably can't beat Giroud for the starting job.
chjoak
AG
Reading up on Perez and he actually may be a decent pickup. I've seen him described as a stronger and better passing Vardy. He is looking like a late blooming CF that led Deportiva in goals (17), assists (10) and chances created (avg 2/app). Was linked with Barca early in the window and their sports writers were excited to see what he could do with better players around him. Deportiva fans are pissed he is leaving (he was the only reason they weren't relegated) and Everton fans are pissed that we may be swooping in and taking him while they were trying to finalize a deal.
agdoc2001
AG
Gotta be better than Sanogo at least, right? Right? Right?
chjoak
AG
damn near anyone is better than Sanogo
wangus12
AG
We drew Nottingham Forest away for the 3rd round of the League Cup. The beat Doncaster Rovers and Millwall to get to the 3rd round. Eric Lichaj and former Arsenal boy Henri Lansbury play there
wangus12
AG
Group A with PSG. Those will be some fun games.
wangus12
AG
Basel
wangus12
AG
Ludogorets Razgrad out of Bulgaria.

Boiling Denim
Arsenal win the group

Get knocked out by Atletico in R16

It is known
chjoak
AG
Supposedly we have medicals being scheduled for CF Lucas Perez and CB Shkodran Mustafi tomorrow.

Lucas should at least replace Welbeck's production and keep Sanogo off the field. Mustafi should start next to Kos and keep Per from seeing any regular minutes in an Arsenal kit ever again.
PJYoung
AG
quote:
Arsenal have agreed a deal to sign Deportivo La Coruna striker Lucas Perez and are close to reaching an agreement with Valencia for centre-back Shkodran Mustafi.
Spaniard Lucas, 27, scored 17 goals in 37 games last season and Arsenal will meet a 20m euro (17.1m) buyout clause.
Germany international Mustafi, 24, is set to join for a fee in excess of 35m.
It would take Arsenal's spending to almost 100m since last season.
They have added midfielder Granit Xhaka, defender Rob Holding, forward Takuma Asano and midfielder Kelechi Nwakali to their squad this term.
Everton were closing in on a deal for Lucas before Arsenal declared their interest.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37185258
wangus12
AG
Takuma Asano has gone out on loan to Stuttgart for the season. Campbell said he requested the loan move Lisbon for more play time since Wenger wouldn't guarantee it. Chambers may go out on loan if we bring in another CB. Apparently a lot of German clubs are getting in line for Gnabry after an excellent Olympics. Would like to see us hang onto him.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Can someone please explain to me the logic of picking up Asano and then immediately sending him out on loan? If we didn't really want/need him, why the hell waste the money?
chjoak
AG
I've seen reports that both Mustafi and Perez have medical today.

I like the Stuttgart move for Asano. He should be able to get plenty of PT against some solid competition. Plus, Asian players tend to develop well in Germany for some reason.

West Brom (F you Pulis) and West Ham have expressed interest in loaning Chambers but he prefers the idea of going to Spain or Italy.

I hope we hold onto Gnabry and give him a chance. He is in a contract year and I don't know if he will resign if we just ship him out again, especially after his Olympic showing.

Also, hearing some wild rumors about us sniffing around James and Morata. RM is willing to listen but they want Alexis. Would you be willing to give up Alexis in a straight up trade for one of those? How about Alexis + 30-40 mil for both?
chjoak
AG
quote:
Can someone please explain to me the logic of picking up Asano and then immediately sending him out on loan? If we didn't really want/need him, why the hell waste the money?
We would have brought him in but he couldn't get a UK work permit yet. He is just 21 so as long as we can get him a permit within the next couple of years we can get a good career out of him assuming he doesn't suck. Also if he performs well in Germany, we could also see us making a profit on him before he ever gets a UK visa if a German team wants to snatch him up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.