Arsenal 2016-2017 Thread

137,065 Views | 1832 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by agdoc2001
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Playing more counter attack, I like it
OneBlitzer
AG
Last touch in the box can't find an open man. Still tied at 1-1 with 22 minutes remaining.
oragator
The fact the Wondo is an all star is an embarrassment for the talent level of this league.

That is all.
OneBlitzer
AG
Akpom with a nice finish from Monreal.
gougler08
AG
Monreal is really good
OneBlitzer
AG
Gunners win 2-1. Two hours well spent.
wangus12
AG
Spent all day walking around San Jose. From the airport to the hotel to the Arsenal Bar to the stadium and back again.

Walcott was trying to play the hold up game and its just not his style. He got into dangerous areas and then held the ball too long or made a poor pass. Young defense of Holding and Beilik did well against some very good players. Drogba lucked out that the ball came back to him 3 times. Campbell also seem to struggle with forcing things.

Ox looked very good and was great on the ball. Bellerin looks like he puts zero effort into moving that fast. Xhaka looks to have great vision and a power left foot. The Arsenal youngsters dominated the All-Star 2nd team when it cam to keeping the ball and creating chances. Really looked good and a lot of those young players would probably be in the rotation at a MLS club
OneBlitzer
AG
Two center backs played well for Arsenal. Nice roster of big names from the MLS.
agdoc2001
AG
Agree with all posted by Wangus. I was incredibly impressed with calum, holding, and our young pole. Even with the BFG out, we might be ok.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
I missed you at the pub. We were there from about 1030 to 115 before we left to get lunch
wangus12
AG
New kits officially revealed. Not all that bad.
agdoc2001
AG
quote:
I missed you at the pub. We were there from about 1030 to 115 before we left to get lunch

Sorry! My group was slow to get moving and we didn't make it to Jack's before the game, only after.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
OneBlitzer
AG
Nice match for the Gunners. Ox's goal was the highlight. Very clever back heel splitting two defenders then finishing with the left foot inside the far post.

wangus12
AG
Ox looks great this preseason. Hopefully he can stay healthy this year
OneBlitzer
AG
Photo fail
OneBlitzer
AG
OneBlitzer
AG
OneBlitzer
AG
OneBlitzer
AG

TXAggie2011
AG
I see so many empty seats...did they stay empty the whole time?
OneBlitzer
AG
StubHub Center announced attendance was 24,168(cap 27,000). The north end (general admission) was only half full throughout the match. The remainder of the stadium was mostly full with approximately 75% Gooners.
wangus12
AG

OneBlitzer
AG
I think I've been "outwhataburgered"! MLS All Stars vs. Chivas Guadelajadra. San Jose vs. Carson. Late game winner vs. 3-1. But any day watching Arsenal is a real good one.
TXAggie2011
AG
Just watched the highlights of the match with Chivas.

First goal was a fabulous set play...Cazorla deep to the back post, Chambers centers to a cutting Holding who taps it in for his first goal wearing the Arsenal colors.

Or as much as the dark blue that looks more black to me and the neon yellow are "Arsenal colors."
TXAggie2011
AG
Oxlade-Chamberlain's was brilliant individual work. Ran up the right side, reverses on a dime with a backheel and slots it in far post.

chjoak
AG
quote:
Oxlade-Chamberlain's was brilliant individual work. Ran up the right side, reverses on a dime with a backheel and slots it in far post.

If he could do this more often he may find himself in the lineup a bit more.
wangus12
AG
Needs to stay healthy too.
wangus12
AG
Here is the team that is traveling for the matches against Viking (I would totally want to play for this team) and City. Ramsey and Sanchez are both in the squad.

If you aren't following the olympics, Gnabry scored a nice finish yesterday against Mexico and newboy Takuma Asano scored a deft little backheel finish against Nigeria.

Asano's goal.

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/wyro.mp4

gougler08
AG
No Ozil in this tour?
wangus12
AG
Ozil, Giroud and Koss have just come back into training and will stay in England to train and get fit. Most likely means they won't be available for Liverpool either.

Szcz is back at Roma as well.
chjoak
AG
Based on all the internet hoopla, AW seems to be trying very hard to get us a new ST and CB before Liverpool. Names I've heard so far...

ST
Lacazette - despite OL's insistence he isn't for sale the buzz around him won't stop. Some fairly respectable twitter journalists are claiming that he is a backup plan to a bigger signing.
Bigger signing - there really isn't much out there on who the bigger signing might be just a bunch of buzz about AW working something big. The speculations so far is...
  • Griezmann - Atletico has been stock piling forwards and are still rumored to be after Costa. Thought is that if they get Costa we could be getting Griezmann.
  • Lewandowski - Has been rumored to Real but they are unwilling to pay the price tag right now. AW has been a fan for sometime and could be trying to sweep in.
  • Benzema - his name has been cleared and Real may be willing to move on. AW has been a fan for awhile and may be willing to take a shot especially since he could come at a discount.

CB
Mustafi - his name has been buzzing for a bit. Rumors that Chelsea may be moving in so we could see this one die off.
Scott Dann / Jonny Evans - not gonna be popular signings but they have EPL experience and will likely come cheap
Bjorn Engels - younger, good size but only played in smaller league. Another discount option.
agdoc2001
AG
Chjoak,

I appreciate your humor in these trying times.
chjoak
AG
I realize that most is a crock but it is still fun to follow (like TAMU recruiting). Not sure we get any of these guys but based on AW's comments I would be surprised if we don't get someone that can provide cover. May not be anyone worth a damn but it will be someone.
OneBlitzer
AG
Arsenal up 1-0 goal by Campbell.
OneBlitzer
AG
Viking FK 0 - 1 Arsenal Halftime
Could be up 3 except for good saves by Viking keeper (including Cazorla pk).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.