Arsenal 2016-2017 Thread

137,068 Views | 1832 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by agdoc2001
OneBlitzer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Arsenal more in control but not able to truly test Burnley keeper.
OneBlitzer
AG
Mustafi!!! Nice header. 1-0 Arsenal.
wangus12
AG
Great header there. All the way across goal. Thats how you play the front post
OneBlitzer
AG
Crap. Red card for Xhaka. Tough 25 minutes remaining.
agdoc2001
AG
Red? Gtfo.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
OneBlitzer
AG
Coquelin on for Iwobi.
wangus12
AG
It was a stupid challenge regardless. Coquelin on.
PJD Ag 10
AG
Stupid tackle. Lack of serious contact makes it look more yellow worthy but to fly in with both legs like that is so dumb. Xhaka is really undisciplined with his tackles and it costs the team.

(Plus the pass that started the sequence)
agdoc2001
AG
It was a stupid tackle. A stupid tackle that resulted in almost no contact. It was a yellow.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AustinScubaAg
AG
So the same AR that ignored the obvious penalty declares that a red. Not the best job by the refs today. Note that was a definite yellow but should not have been red.
agdoc2001
AG
Can't complain about that.
OneBlitzer
AG
Sheet! Screw this season.
PJD Ag 10
AG
Lol
wangus12
AG
This is on the refs. Missed a penalty. Poor red card. 7 minutes my ass
PJD Ag 10
AG
What a game lol
OneBlitzer
AG
Penalty! Goal Alexis! Insane match! 3 points!
agdoc2001
AG
Never in doubt.
Mathguy64
AG
This is hilarious. That's not a PK. First he is offside so anything that happens after is moot. Second that's dangerous play and that's not a direct kick foul. And to top it off Moss didn't see it. The AR who missed the offside called it. Fitting ending.
wangus12
AG
Get the **** in
wangus12
AG
The ARs were awful
agdoc2001
AG
Poor Burnley. Last time we beat them on Kosci's hand of God, this time they lose on a pk given to a man in an offside position.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Math guy do you know the rules. Dangerous play is called if you dont make contact. Anytime you connect with a high boot it is a direct kick.
Mathguy64
AG
AustinScubaAg said:

Math guy do you know the rules. Dangerous play is called if you dont make contact. Anytime you connect with a high boot it is a direct kick.

This wasn't a boot up at face level or the defender ramming into a face. That's a direct kick because I kicked you. They were playing a ball at waist high and Kos dropped down to play it. If I put my boot up waist high to play a ball and you come in and drop your face on to it trying to head the ball that's at best dangerous play on my part. You have a responsibility not to put your face in harms way. So I get dinged for playing in a dangerous manner because I put my boot in a position where you could drop your head on it. And high boots making contact with another player often are not playing in a dangerous manner at all. Bicycle kick follow throughs often make contact with defenders. That's not a foul at all.

Of course all that is instantaneous judgement. Who kicked who. The fact that the AR who missed the offside is making that judgement is the bad part of that.
gougler08
AG
Saying Koscielny was waist high is a bit of a stretch...Moss was terrible all game though so I guess that balanced it out in the end
Smokedraw01
Who else thought "What sort of key foul will Colquelin give up this time?" when he came in?

I don't know much about soccer but this guy seems to be a fouling machine.
who?mikejones
AG
mathguy86 said:

AustinScubaAg said:

This wasn't a boot up at face level or the defender ramming into a face. That's a direct kick because I kicked you. They were playing a ball at waist high and Kos dropped down to play it. If I put my boot up waist high to play a ball and you come in and drop your face on to it trying to head the ball that's at best dangerous play on my part. You have a responsibility not to put your face in harms way. So I get dinged for playing in a dangerous manner because I put my boot in a position where you could drop your head on it. And high boots making contact with another player often are not playing in a dangerous manner at all. Bicycle kick follow throughs often make contact with defenders. That's not a foul at all.

Of course all that is instantaneous judgement. Who kicked who. The fact that the AR who missed the offside is making that judgement is the bad part of that.

It was a high kick and wasn't close
byfLuger41
AG
Whats all the ruckus about? Didn't watch the Gooners match.

A breif narrative + video link would be ideal.

Cheers -

1st place
gougler08
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

Cheers -

1st place

WatchESPN has the highlights on it
agdoc2001
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

Cheers -

1st place

Sure you didn't.
byfLuger41
AG
agdoc2001 said:

Smith&Co1970 said:

A brief narrative + video link would be ideal.

Cheers -

1st place

Sure you didn't.

I didn't get up until 7:45AM then had breakfast with my sister at 8:30AM who is in town from out of state. Definitely didn't watch.

That stings for Burnley. Offsides or not that was a high boot and Koscielny sold it.

Scrappy win for Arsenal.
byfLuger41
AG
Thanks.
gougler08
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

Thanks.
wangus12
AG
Walcott, BFG and Debuchey are all available for the cup match this weekend. Wenger did say he will field a 1st team squad, but I imagine some will be rested
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

Walcott, BFG and Debuchey are all available for the cup match this weekend. Wenger did say he will field a 1st team squad, but I imagine some will be rested
It better be close to a 1st team squad if we want to win as you know Southampton will put their A team on the field
wangus12
AG
Kind of a neat picture of the 1st team squad having a team dinner. Even Sanago is there

Ozil is in Sweden to film an advertisement. Not sure where Santi or Debuchey are

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.