Arsenal 2016-2017 Thread

137,056 Views | 1832 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by agdoc2001
OneBlitzer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Santi with a wicked goal. Outside the box shot to upper right of net. Aresenal up 2-0.
OneBlitzer
AG
Walcott! Arsenal 3-0.
OneBlitzer
AG
Campbell cross off a Viking. 4-0
OneBlitzer
AG
Campbell top shelf .5-0
OneBlitzer
AG
6-0Iwobi gets a goal off Caxorla assist. Everybody finding the net.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
And another for Iwobi to make it 7-0
OneBlitzer
AG
And another Arsenal goal. Akpom. 8-0
chjoak
AG
Does it bug anyone how the announcers pronounce Santi's name? It may be correct but still bothers me when I see Cazorla on the back of his jersey but hear them say Cathorla.
OneBlitzer
AG
Guess I didn't notice due the the ball continuously ripping the net. Plus I was multitasking.
chjoak
AG
I was playing it on my PC as I worked and was mostly listening. Everytime they said his name it sounded like a gay dude with a major lisp.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I think that's the correct pronunciation in many parts of Spain, although it does sound dumb coming from an English commentator.
TXAggie2011
AG
Ca-thor-la is the correct pronunciation, and I think many Europeans/Britons take more care to pronounce names as heard in their native language.

TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
I think that's the correct pronunciation in many parts of Spain, although it does sound dumb coming from an English commentator.

Does their pronouncing Nacho Monreal's name correctly and not Naaa-cho Mon-reel sound dumb, too?

No, right?

We're used to it here given the Spanish we're exposed to . We're not used to Spanish of Spain.

But the British are. And I bet "Cathorla" doesn't sound nearly as strange to them.
TXAggie2011
AG
Anyways, is this a replay worth watching? While it'd be nice to see all the goals, doesn't seem like a full watching would give much insight into the team.
OneBlitzer
AG
I'd just watch the highlights.
gougler08
AG
I think the "th" is only for those that are from the Catalan speaking parts of Spain right?
Jason_Ag98
AG
Maybe a poor choice of words on my part, but I feel like most of them treat foreign names as just oddly-spelled English. How many times have you heard Chicharito called "Chick-a-ree-toe"?
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
I think the "th" is only for those that are from the Catalan speaking parts of Spain right?

Catalan, Galician, Valencian, and some other dialects that I don't remember off the top of my head do it.
BullSprig07
AG
Was in Spain earlier this year and heard the lisp in Madrid and Barcelona both. There is a theory that the inbreeding of the royal family gave them their protruding lower jaws and caused them to speak with a lisp. And of course the subjects were supposed to speak as the King speaks so......
OneBlitzer
AG
Arsenal 3-2 Man City
Gabriel stretchered off in final seconds.
gougler08
AG
Always nice to beat City, but losing a defender hurts
chjoak
AG
Damn. Hopefully this will light a fire under AW to get a starting quality CB asap. Not gonna be good if we have to start Chambers and Holding against Liverpool.
agdoc2001
AG
My guess would be Nacho/Chambers with Gibbs on the left
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
byfLuger41
AG
I created a fantasy league for this year. It's creatively titled "TexAgs Classic League" and the league code to join is 1634813-400128.

The other league is a head-to-head titled "TexAgs Head-to-Head League" and the code to join is 1634813-400242.

If you haven't done this before, the website is [url=http://fantasy.premierleague.com/][/url][url=http://fantasy.premierleague.com/][/url]http://fantasy.premierleague.com. Go there, click "Leagues," "Join a League (private)," and enter the code.
wangus12
AG
Just happened to catch the Germany-South Korea Olympic match today. Gnabry was in full beast mode. 2 goals and dribbling around everyone. Definitely expecting him to get some match time when he returns to the club
TXAggie2011
AG
The Daily Mail and other outlets reporting Arsenal will soon confirm the acquisition of Shokdran Mustafi, the Daily Mail saying its a 30 million pound move.

It does not seem to me like he would play in the opener against Liverpool.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Just happened to catch the Germany-South Korea Olympic match today. Gnabry was in full beast mode. 2 goals and dribbling around everyone. Definitely expecting him to get some match time when he returns to the club
Granby has been excellent. I think he's on 5 goals now at the Olympics.

Taksuke Asano, that new kid from Japan, scored their only goal in a win over Sweden. He's scored once in each of their matches.
gougler08
AG
I'll take a German national team CB any day (as long as he's faster than me, unlike the BFG)
gougler08
AG
One game in to the season, one PK decision wrong from Mike Dean
agdoc2001
AG
Love how he's signaling advantage now

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gougler08
AG
Game day!
wangus12
AG
Cech
Bellerin-Chambers-Holding-Monreal
Elneny-Coquelin
Walcott-Ramsey-Iwobi
Sanchez

What a make-shift lineup
gougler08
AG
Chambers plays some terrible passes
wangus12
AG
Why Theo takes penalties I'll never know
OneBlitzer
AG
Wow. Missed opportunity.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.