Arsenal 2016-2017 Thread

137,059 Views | 1832 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by agdoc2001
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
May want to stop letting Bayern have free headers
wangus12
AG
In other news, mother of God we can't score penalties anymore
gougler08
AG
Gabriel coming in for Koscielny it looks like
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

May want to stop letting Bayern have free headers

Or not
gougler08
AG
Well ****, need to get a 2nd
OneBlitzer
AG
UGH! Lose Koscielny and the wheels fall off.
gougler08
AG
Well the first half was fun
Gigem Trevas
That should have been red for Lewandowski
PJYoung
AG
Goodbye Wenger. It's been fun.
wangus12
AG
On the bright side, I'm really looking forward to the 3-0 demolition of Bayern in a couple weeks. We will barely fail to grab that 4th goal and advance on away goals
CoolAggie
AG
Wenger out. It's time.
byfLuger41
Boiling Denim
Wenger should have been gone after the Hull FA Cup win.

It's probably super knee-jerk but with Wenger, Ozil and Sanchez all leaving this summer and with Kroenke in charge we may be at the end of the "Also-ran Arsenal" era and heading into Kroenke patented .500 record territory for the foreseeable future.
gougler08
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Wenger should have been gone after the Hull FA Cup win.

It's probably super knee-jerk but with Wenger, Ozil and Sanchez all leaving this summer and with Kroenke in charge we may be at the end of the "Also-ran Arsenal" era and heading into Kroenke patented .500 record territory for the foreseeable future.
Scary thought, bud sadly true
wangus12
AG
As much as I think we need to move on from Wenger, I'd rather do so when an appropriate replacement is available.
Gigem Trevas
byfLuger41
gambochaman
AG
LOL
gambochaman
AG
wangus12 said:

As much as I think we need to move on from Wenger, I'd rather do so when an appropriate replacement is available.

Yall should throw massive amounts of cash at Emery
The qataris will definitely match you penny for penny but its worth a shot
agdoc2001
AG
I wasn't able to watch. How'd it go? We win?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
I would be stoked to do something along those lines.
chjoak
AG
Lots of smoke about Wenger being out with the short list being... Allegri, Tuchel, Jardim & Hasenhuttl
byfLuger41
AG
chjoak said:

Lots of smoke about Wenger being out with the short list being... Allegri, Tuchel, Jardim & Hasenhuttl

I call bullsh*t.

This is the same circus, same monkeys. Y'all will ride the AW ship until it sinks.
gougler08
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

chjoak said:

I call bullsh*t.

This is the same circus, same monkeys. Y'all will ride the AW ship until it sinks.
Did you not watch the game Wednesday? Pretty sure that 2nd half would constitute as sinking
wangus12
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

chjoak said:

I call bullsh*t.

But it won't sink. It will always float. It just won't go very fast. They'll still finish in the Top 4 as always.

I do think he most likely won't "sign" a new contract this year or if he does it will only be for another year.
byfLuger41
AG
But, but, but we make Champions League year in and year out.

But, but, but we grow players the right way and do more with less.

But, but, but FIFA fair play rules and stuff.

But, but, but In Arsene We Trust.

From an outsider looking in and on behalf of all outsiders, same sh*it - different day.

I call bullsh*t until something is done. If y'all were sitting in 9th place in the league and out of all hardware possibilities, maybe. But y'all are 3 points out of second and still in the FA Cup.

Do I think AW should have been sacked, yes - a long, long time ago. Preferably after the 2011 League Cup Final.

Do I think he will be sacked anytime soon - unfortunately for you and the rest of Gooner Nation, no.

Edit for Wangus: I took awhile typing this out and didn't see your next post beforehand. I'm at "work".
byfLuger41
AG
With all due respect, AW has had plenty of time/chances to float higher than he was in 2004-06 range...but hasn't.
Boiling Denim
Hindsight 20/20 but a more ruthless club would have let Arsene go after the 07/08 season

The complete mental collapse of that team after the Eduardo leg-break game has almost become a deeply ingrained culture in the club over the last decade.

Wenger would also soon pick up some horrible habits he stubbornly held onto that caused us to stagnate. Failing to fill obvious holes, no depth, reluctance to let go of young players, no competition, no injury resolutions etc etc

He was bargain bin shopping so long he can't shake the tendencies.
wangus12
AG
I completely agree with you and like I said, I highly doubt he is here next year. But the club isn't going to "sink" as long as he is here. It is the same **** again. We look like **** in the CL, although this last one was on the players falling apart rather than Wenger. The match was 1-1, Koss goes off, hilarity follows. Its a joke. The club hasn't had mental toughness since we let Vieira go. Part of that is on Wenger, part of it is on the players.

I've watched the club since George Graham was in charge and I think the true reason we've became stagnant is when we lost David Dein back in 2007. That man knew how to run the club and was a huge reason for the success we had. Since he left, we've basically failed to compete for anything but the FA Cup. 07/08 we blew the league and that would have been an appropriate time to fire him, except we'd have floundered with the financial burden of the Emirates and been even worse off.

Firing him for the 2011 League Cup is dumb. v. Persie blew his knee out scoring the equalizer and had to come off and and then you have a singular collapse by Koss and Szcz that gave away a goal at the death. That goal is 100% their fault. The only offense he should have been fired for was that Chamahk and Bendtner were our only bench options.

In the end, I think he does resign at the end of the year with his contract up. Hopefully the guys can get another FA Cup for him. The club is run by penny-pinchers and Kroenke so were basically ****ed for success when he does leave. If you think Man United recovering from losing Fergie was rough, ours will be worse.
byfLuger41
AG
Well said.

Agree 100%
wangus12
AG
Win tomorrow and we get Lincoln City, another National League team. Please come to play tomorrow
Mathguy64
AG
I just saw that Sutton has an artificial turf field and a stadium that seats 5000. I'm betting that place is rocking this afternoon.
wangus12
AG
The camera angles for the match are gonna blow
wangus12
AG
What the FA Cup is all about

byfLuger41
AG
Love that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.