Arsenal 2016-2017 Thread

137,064 Views | 1832 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by agdoc2001
MB19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He just made up for that missed penalty.
OneBlitzer
AG
Well done Walcott! Nice finish.
gougler08
AG
Well at least he didn't dwell on it. Great finish there
OneBlitzer
AG
Nice shot by Coutinho. 1-1
gougler08
AG
Well that sucks
OneBlitzer
AG
Poor start to half. Need Ransey and Sanchez to step up. Dropping points unacceptable.
gougler08
AG
Well this flipped quickly. ****
wangus12
AG
Xhaka on for Coquelin. Make it happen
gougler08
AG
Well **** me. So glad we have 3 starters not playing
wangus12
AG
Thats probably the match
wangus12
AG
Bunch of damn icicles. 2 hurt.
OneBlitzer
AG
Crap! Poor match for Arsenal. Wenger resting Euro players backfired. Sanchez up top takes away his time on the ball and creativity. Ramsey has had a poor day.
gougler08
AG
Ramsey and Iwobi out injured within 2 minutes of each other. Amazing
Gigem Trevas
agdoc2001
AG
Sometimes you eat the bar and well, sometimes...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PJD Ag 10
AG
This game is nuts
Gigem Trevas
This game.
gougler08
AG
Maybe giving up 4 goals will make us up the ante on the Mustafi bid
OneBlitzer
AG
Noble effort fighting back. Another opening loss to start the season. Home losses hurt the most. Points are just as important at start of season as the end of season.
PJYoung
AG
Seemed like we were watching the jv team out there.
PJYoung
AG
I see this question on here every now and then but I forget the answer.

What's the best way to get tickets for Arsenal/Spurs this fall in Emirates?

A site like livefootballtickets.com ?
OneBlitzer
AG
North London derby will be a tough ticket. I've used the concierge at hotels a few times before (Man City and Liverpool but paid hundreds over face value). I believe the concierges use trusted local ticket sites but I'm not sure which ones. Join Arsenal America and you might have luck seeing a lesser club at face value. A positive is the pound is not as strong now compared to my trips.
wangus12
AG
Iwobi is short this weekend. Rambo is 2-3 weeks.

Ozil, Giroud and Koss will be considered for tomorrow. Koss is the most likely to play a part. Ox will definitely start for Iwobi and Cazorla for Rambo.

I imagine Xhaka is still on the bench. I thought he was poor last week. Lots of fouls and low impact
agdoc2001
AG
Campbell being sent to Sporting Lisbon on season long loan. This club is run by ***holes.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
AW sure doesn't seem to care for him. In all fairness, he doesn't really produce when given the chance either and he is very 1 footed.

That being said, with him being loaned AW sure as hell better have a replacement forward or our depth is going to be horrible up top.
agdoc2001
AG
He's not a world beater, but who's better than him on the right? Theo? Ox? Ramsey? Akpom?

He's as good or better than any other option on the right, he may be our only player without a horrendous injury record, he works hard, and he tracks back to protect our defensive line which is a shambles.

Wenger certainly doesn't rate him, but his judgement is suspect to say the least.
chjoak
AG
Agree with you on his work rate and willingness to track back. Offensively he doesn't offer much. The other side to that coin though is depth at wing is going to be an issue with us unable to sign a ST and needing to play Alexis up top. With him at ST we now have Ox, Walcott, Iwobi and Gnarby (at Olympics) for wing depth. I'm OK with Alexis at ST but with Campbell going out we better find a quality winger quick.
wangus12
AG
Some dumb decisions have me worried about this season. I do firmly believe that if we finish outside the top 4 he needs to go. I've always been a staunch Wenger supporter, but he does seem to be losing his touch
chjoak
AG
I'm starting to lean towards him going no matter what. Last season we should have won. Chelsea and United were down. League was ours for the taking. Instead we let Leicester take it. We are always 1-2 windows late addressing our needs. Last summer we needed a DM and winger. Had we bought them we likely win the league. We got the DM this season but now we need a CB, Winger and ST. Wanna take bets on those being addressed? My guess is we get a CB because we are desperate but move on to Jan with limited ST and winger depth. That is all on Wenger. He is the final decision maker on the roster.
chjoak
AG
Major issue I can't understand is how do Liverpool and Tottenham have money to spend but we don't seem to? They don't make all the right moves but I am a bit jealous of their willingness to try and find pieces to make themselves better.
agdoc2001
AG
quote:
Major issue I can't understand is how do Liverpool and Tottenham have money to spend but we don't seem to? They don't make all the right moves but I am a bit jealous of their willingness to try and find pieces to make themselves better.

We have far more money than they do. We just have a miserly geezer who treats it like his own and refuses to spend it.
wangus12
AG
Our team for #LCFCvAFC:

Cech, Bellerin, Holding, Koscielny, Monreal, Xhaka, Coquelin, Walcott, Cazorla, Ox, Alexis

Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Wilshire, Elneny, Chambers, Ozil, Giroud

Surprised to see Xhaka in over Elneny
wangus12
AG
And ****ing scousers lose 2-nil to Burnley
wangus12
AG
Looks like Coquelin's reputation has finally caught up with him. He gets a yellow on a tackle where he doesn't touch Vardy, but he does impede him. Simpson scissor tackles Ox and its just a foul.

And then Drink water diving like a *****
agdoc2001
AG
LC should've had a penalty there

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.