Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M Begging Donors to Come Back

125,156 Views | 569 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WestGalvestonAggie
Hawk2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
85AustinAg said:

i can't stand the attitude of laughing at our own. Be it administration, students, athletes, doesn't matter. Some seem to be taking joy out of the AD's struggles with getting donations. This sickens me.

Kellen Mond and others have every right to voice their opinions even if we don't agree with them. Neither the coaches nor the administration should try and quiet this. It needs to play out.

Some of us are sick the direction the school is going. Do you think we're better than UT Austin? I don't. At this point, we might as well be the agricultural branch of the UT System. What is happening now on campus with fake hate crimes, the starting QB calling alumni racists, threats of defunding the Corps.... you may thing it's all tongue in cheek and said in jest, but others do not.

I suggest you take your own advice and realize that some may not agree with this direction, and these same Aggies have every right to be heard like Mr. Mond. So yes, TexAgs users have a right to be heard here as well (within reason and staff/admin views of acceptable discussions)

Mr. Mond is a big boy. Though, I do have concerns over his ability to succeed in the NFL if a former CT in a private FB group rustled his feathers like that. It also has crossed my mind that Mr. Mond is hedging his bets on his senior year if it does not pan out the way he wants it to.

PS -- Tony Buzbee pulled his donation as well. Maybe he's a TexAgs user/reader, maybe he's not. But, he's one of those larger than life people with the money to make people on campus listen. You can say that, "We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we..." line until you're blue in the face, but money talks on this campus just like UT Austin, Rice, Harvard, Yale, and anywhere else. You can't beat human nature from Aggies.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
I am not engaging in the bonus points program laid out. I am asking for a full refund

And I'm not a Buzbee Level donor, but I've been told I'm the type of donor the 12thMan cares deeply about. I'm a Millennial that has entered the high earnings stages of ones career and I give 5 figures a year.

I'm sitting out 2020 as well. This program is bigger than a Mond, etc so I'll revisit in 2021.

I cut ties with the AFS 2 years ago. Screw the Marxist Academia side for life.
NoahAg
I'm gonna send in $20 just so I can ask for it back.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Mostly Sunny Disposition said:

I am not engaging in the bonus points program laid out. I am asking for a full refund

And I'm not a Buzbee Level donor, but I've been told I'm the type of donor the 12thMan cares deeply about. I'm a Millennial that has entered the high earnings stages of ones career and I give 5 figures a year.

I'm sitting out 2020 as well. This program is bigger than a Mond, etc so I'll revisit in 2021.

I'm to the point that I will only give any $$ to the College of Ag and Animal Science Dept.

Hopefully that still hasn't been over run by liberals
Ranch Dressing
AG
Marxist "academia" is already integrated into university athletic departments across this country.
DayAg!
S
Quote:

That may be true, but if you have the right to fight for the country or be tried in a court as an adult in this country, then you damn well have the right to exercise your right to vote in this country.
18 year olds have childrens minds in adult bodies. And their brains are still just so much mush for the next 10 years. Or until life has a chance to mold them into something useful. As it is now, they know nothing, but believe they know everything. When all the time they are barely off of mama's tit. They shouldnt have much of a voice in anything but unfortunately, the constitution offers no age restriction. Which would be ok in a general sense but their age doesn't offer much in the way of wisdom in any situation. That, and liberalism in itself is a disease of deception, where the people are not even self aware anymore.
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Refusing to donate money because you don't support the direction of the school is not virtue signaling. A lofty post on Texags about how ashamed you should be for choosing this is virtue signaling. Saying that if you are not with me, you are a racist, is virtue signaling. Saying that you are tired of the bigotry that keeps taking place at the university and offering a $1,200 reward for information on a situation that ended up being a hoax, and not paying the people who figured it out, is virtue signaling.
cavscout96
AG
Ranch Dressing said:

Marxist "academia" is already integrated into university athletic departments across this country.

Brother.....its not just there.
SilverTaps86
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Refusing to donate money because you don't support the direction of the school is not virtue signaling. A lofty post on Texags about how ashamed you should be for choosing this is virtue signaling. Saying that if you are not with me, you are a racist, is virtue signaling. Saying that you are tired of the bigotry that keeps taking place at the university and offering a $1,200 reward for information on a situation that ended up being a hoax, and not paying the people who figured it out, is virtue signaling.
Well Said !
4gAg
AG
If you believe this why are you reading and posting here?

It's a football thread and you've clearly decided to leave the team and cancel donations at least in the short term.

You've used your money to send a message already, Why can't you just let me hope to watch football again? I'm literally in a tex ags football thread that wants to demolish football at A&M, I guess everything is nutso political now
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
RBarrRB35 said:

If you believe this why are you reading and posting here?

It's a football thread and you've clearly decided to leave the team and cancel donations at least in the short term.

You've let your money sent a message already, Why can't you just let me hope to watch football again? I'm literally in a tex ags football thread that wants to demolish football at A&M, I guess everything is political now

If I didn't care, I wouldn't make a statement. I realize some choose to do it silently and I respect that as well. I'm not boycotting watching the team, just the donation to watch in person. I still have plans to attend Basketball and Baseball games, if they are played in late 2020 and 2021.

I also care about sports and it's place in American society. It does instill grit into great women and men. In addition to that, I utilize TA for other things outside Aggie sports. Mainly networking, DIY projects and Outdoors subjects.
ceh54
AG
Hit them where their brains are------Pocket book
Tex Aggie
AG
Now local kbtx has taken up the "cause"

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/07/28/texas-am-athletics-director-shares-financial-needs-and-updates-on-football-season/
Player To Be Named Later
AG
As the article mentions, we all know that area businesses are also badly impacted by a lack of a season or reduced capacity.

Right now I'd rather try to help out area business owners somehow than I would be inclined to donate to an athletic department. Sorry, but on TOP of all this political nonsense, Covid has shown me that sports aren't near the priority in life that they've been in the past to a lot of us.

They really picked the perfect storm of timing to crap on the people who write checks.
W
AG
and the ironic twist...

at first the TMF/AD got so, so, so lucky that the renewal deadline was March 2nd.

and not March 12th or even worse March 22nd.

they were incredibly fortunate in March then it all blew up with the Sully protest
TAMUallen
AG
W said:

and the ironic twist...

at first the TMF/AD got so, so, so lucky that the renewal deadline was March 2nd.

they were incredibly fortunate in March then it all blew up with the Sully protest

And if they think they're in trouble now... just wait
TyperWoods
85AustinAg said:

i can't stand the attitude of laughing at our own. Be it administration, students, athletes, doesn't matter. Some seem to be taking joy out of the AD's struggles with getting donations. This sickens me.

Kellen Mond and others have every right to voice their opinions even if we don't agree with them. Neither the coaches nor the administration should try and quiet this. It needs to play out.

I think its also laughable the amount of support some of you think there is out there to boycott athletics or boycott donations until Mond or others apologize. This is another of those Texags created outraged groups that are in the vocal minority.

Grow up. Some guys have said some things that they shouldn't have but they are Aggies and the Aggies are we. Don't be so thin skinned and let's move forward.

I take it you hate the Aggie Stereotypes thread then?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
85AustinAg said:

Grow up......... Don't be so thin skinned .......
Gandhi, you surely told us.

Ranch Dressing
AG
Well aware, my point was this: permanently ending donations to AFS because of Marxist "academia" but potentially supporting TMF in 2021 makes no sense because you would still be supporting Marxist academia.
AGHouston11
AG
It's the perfect storm for sure!
But it's also like intentionally driving off a cliff.
Z Team
AG
I would imagine this forum to represent the most loyal and devoted alumni. When that group of people is as universally offended by the handling of the situation it will be getting someone's attention because the impact is going to be felt. What could have been a rallying point to separate ourselves from other universities by our willingness to give during difficult times, is now going to be a demonstration that we won't support liberal marxism crap that is only seeking to destroy and divide us. Mond's desire to tear down Sully tore down way more than he realized.

"The house that Johnny built and Mond destroyed"
Proposition Joe
W said:

and the ironic twist...

I would call it more smart than ironic.

Everyone lambasted the TMF for how they handled selling New Kyle, a few years later you had people talking about dropping their seats en masse because Sumlin wasn't producing.

There was a lot of criticism of the TMF for having renewals so early in the year. A month later after they had everyone's money, a pandemic hit.

They understand money-in-hand is a lot more valuable than maybe more money a few years from now when it comes to how fickle people are about sports teams.
thebloomer
AG
Didn't check all 11 pages, but big donor/former Houston mayoral candidate Tony Buzbee has pulled support.
strbrst777
Poor judgment in exercising rights may have adverse consequences. Biting hands that feed is not smart!
oldcrow91
AG
Just got my approx $10,000 in seats and donations refunded. Left $150 donation to reserve seats for next year.
Will reassess then.
(It's not looking promising but I figured I could throw away $150)

ETA my virtue is officially signaled I guess. (Don't care)
May buy something even dumber, like a boat.
threeanout
AG
Mostly Sunny Disposition said:

With all due respect, you are the type of donor that the TMF should care deeply about....but they don't. Curious if anyone on the TMF staff has reached out to you personally in the last couple of months?

12thmanfootball
AG
Quote:

I would imagine this forum to represent the most loyal and devoted alumni. When that group of people is as universally offended by the handling of the situation it will be getting someone's attention because the impact is going to be felt. What could have been a rallying point to separate ourselves from other universities by our willingness to give during difficult times, is now going to be a demonstration that we won't support liberal marxism crap that is only seeking to destroy and divide us. Mond's desire to tear down Sully tore down way more than he realized.

"The house that Johnny built and Mond destroyed"
THIS!
85AustinAg
AG
Good Lord, no. This forum is representative of a vocal minority of opinionated folks that like to let you know how principled they are.
Quote:

samhoustonag
85AustinAg said:

I think its also laughable the amount of support some of you think there is out there to boycott athletics or boycott donations until Mond or others apologize. This is another of those Texags created outraged groups that are in the vocal minority.

Grow up. Some guys have said some things that they shouldn't have but they are Aggies and the Aggies are we. Don't be so thin skinned and let's move forward.
They have the right to their opinion. But when that starts affecting others, others have the right to call them out on falsehoods and misinformation.

I have not run into an old Ag who is not upset about the situation. Not scientific, but maybe a better indicator than your guess.

This is not about being thin skinned. This is about the heritage and future of A&M.
oldcrow91 said:

Just got my approx $10,000 in seats and donations refunded. Left $150 donation to reserve seats for next year.
Will reassess then.

Give your approx $10,000 to the University for the college of your choice. A boat is a dumb.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
NomadicAggie
AG
85AustinAg said:

Good Lord, no. This forum is representative of a vocal minority of opinionated folks that like to let you know how principled they are.
Quote:

We'll know in about a month or two...
cavscout96
AG
33 said:

oldcrow91 said:

Will reassess then.

Give your approx $10,000 to the University for the college of your choice. A boat is a dumb.
You can be very specific with your gift if you give it through the foundation.
oldcrow91
AG
33 said:

oldcrow91 said:

Will reassess then.

I think that's what I said.
R E L
AG
Wow...look at all these little snowflakes triggered by someone holding a different opinion than you. I've supported this university and its programs when it's ambassadors espoused philosophies and political ideologies I disagreed with. But I guess "highway 6 runs both ways" only when it affirms your hermeneutic huh?
Spotted Ag
AG
R E L said:

Wow...look at all these little snowflakes triggered by someone holding a different opinion than you. I've supported this university and its programs when it's ambassadors espoused philosophies and political ideologies I disagreed with. But I guess "highway 6 runs both ways" only when it affirms your hermeneutic huh?
Good for you. You want a cookie?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.