Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M Begging Donors to Come Back

125,431 Views | 569 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WestGalvestonAggie
sharpdressedman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This issue is crippling, literally, current fund-raising at the TAMF and 12MF. Voelkel and Dabney know that the wounds among donors are deep and will leave scars. This situation has become too broad, too deep, and too nasty to be resolved effectively. The video is just the next step on the path of increasing desperation.
MagnumLoad
Admin and coaches were put in a no win position. Expel or condemn the bad actors and the leftists/marxists and main stream media would have eviscerated and possibly burned our university. Recruiting would have been badly damaged. Sully and the Corps of Cadets remain and hopefully will continue. The solution is for the perpetrators to be "beaten out" of their positions, which should not be difficult. We have great talent to do so. If questioned, the response should be simple and consistent, "we have better players that give us a better chance to win". Then the perps will leave on their own.

Going forward, our coaches should use the Saban approach and lay down strict rules forbidding social media use by our athletes. And before some of you scream first amendment, they are getting our money, just like an employee would. Forego the money and they can ***** all they want however they want.
AgBQ-00
AG
I saw someone earlier post they'd rather see A&M become the Citadel of the west again before giving into these Marxists. I agree 100% with that. F all of them.
MagnumLoad
AgBQ-00, I fully understand your sentiment. I do not agree, however, with that approach. Harms way too many innocent students and athletes.
PneumAg
MagnumLoad said:

AgBQ-00, I fully understand your sentiment. I do not agree, however, with that approach. Harms way too many innocent students and athletes.

See, that's what our neo-marxist administration is counting on. They know that honest, hard-working Aggies like you will feel the moral weight of innocent student-athletes losing their scholarships because you stopped donating. But as soon as they get you back on board, they'll turn around and plow your money into their leftist diversity fund, tear down Sully, and call you a racist.

It's what the left always does to the right. They make us play by our rules that are grounded in what is moral, while they make the rules up for themselves based on whatever is politically expedient. You have to let go. At this rate, I don't care if our whole athletic program burns to the ground. There will be collateral damage in the form of lost scholarship for kids who did nothing wrong, no doubt. But the greater good requires that these people be stopped at all costs. They are evil.
HumpitPuryear
AG
MagnumLoad said:

The "silence is complicity" mantra cuts both ways. I think Mond said that if you aren't speaking out against racism than you are a racist. If Mond's teammates are letting him riff on everything Aggie is racist than their silence is support. That's the new rules of the game per the leftist race-baiters. Mond laid down the gauntlet on behalf of the team. I would tell the Aggie football team and coaches that if Mond doesn't speak for you than you better speak up.
spherical
AG
Nonregdrummer09 said:

zoneag said:

spherical said:

Complains about dishonesty... then misrepresents, leaves out, or lies about what happened. Pretty gutsy when most of it is on video.

1) the Corp thing was a retweet that he undid almost immediately. You demonstrated you knew the difference
2) ausbon said "don't cheer for kellen when he's throwing touchdowns
3) you left out what caused the two players to act intimidating (while refraining from punching that guy ). You know when their peaceful discourse was interrupted by at best a monumentally terrible argument using 1950s language?
4) do you complain when trump retweets racists? Or do you argue that liking a particular statement isn't the same as agreeing with the tweeters platform?

Edit: flagged for rumor, unconfirmed or false information

1. Fair enough, he retweeted a post calling the corps racist and for it to be de-funded. I'll take your word that he un-did the RT, though I'm not even on Twitter but if he did maybe he realized he made a mistake. Thank you for the correction.

2. I couldn't find the quote, but the sentiment is that they don't want support from those who disagree. I think Ausbon's conduct was fine at the protest, I merely highlighted this because people seem to be heeding his advice and people such as yourself seem to take issue with it.

3. He didn't use 1950s language. He clumsily was trying to make a point that they are all Aggies. He said blaggies, not "blackies". Talk about misrepresenting and spin.

4. What in the world does Trump have to do with this? Nothing. And I think he's generally a dumbass on Twitter much of the time. I do think that on social media that if you like/share/retweet that it does carry an endorsement of that content. So if Trump, Mond, or myself get careless with social media then there could be consequences.

Thanks for flagging my post though instead of merely disagreeing. Have a nice afternoon.

He did not undo the retweet because he realized a mistake, he undid because he realized people were getting furious and he wouldn't win that argument at all. I don't believe he that out of the interest of anyone but himself.

It was a pretty fast "undo" so I think someone like a coach called him up and told him to pull it

2) it wasn't about people who disagree- it's people Calling them dumb and uniformed and Marxist and saying they won't support the team anymore. And yea, feel free to not watch- I don't care at all. And for the record I disagree with Monds assessment of all sully supporters- but there is a way to be a person

3) man you have to bend over backwards and plug your ears to hear "blaggie"

4) I was just looking for an example. I don't disageee (but trump has suffered none btw)
1996OlAg
AG
oldfart79 said:

hay guys, think of this if you take your money that you spend for am , and now put it to st judes theres alot of very young kids that wont call you a racest , and will really love you alot. i know ive lost my child twenty yrs ago. so just think about it.
4gAg
AG
I might change my mind and agree A&M should take a stance here, IF the statue comes down or the admin tells us it will be coming down. Or if there are other major developments. But until then, you've heard an opinion from one or two football players and for all I know the entire team is now barred from social media Saban style and all is well in the locker room

You can't and shouldn't stop non violent protests from students wanting it removed. I just hope the momentum dies down like most other news cycles and worry anything to the contrary helps keep it in the spot light to its detriment

Hence why I approve of the admin's handling of this to date - it's not attracted national media attention, minimal press, and stands to flame out on its own
Dave Robicheaux
AG
where can we send an email to?
Aggie_Swag18
You realize this is because of the decreased revenue from COVID-19 right? We're most likely not going to get a full season, or it will be pushed back. Then the decreased ticket sales with a lower capacity is going to have some impact as well.
Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
greg.w.h
AG
The bigger issue is the subject is dividing Aggies. And we don't need help finding ways to do that...
Hawk2007
TMF and TAMU administration is going to have another headache on their hands if the football season kicks off, fans dressed in maroon and white in the stands... and the team is kneeling during the National Anthem.

Those images are going to cost a few donation dollars.
spherical
AG
Hawk2007 said:

TMF and TAMU administration is going to have another headache on their hands if the football season kicks off, fans dressed in maroon and white in the stands... and the team is kneeling during the National Anthem.

The team has never been on the field for the anthem
Hawk2007
spherical said:

Hawk2007 said:

The team has never been on the field for the anthem

That's actually a good point... Thanks for the note.
Hawk2007
greg.w.h said:

The bigger issue is the subject is dividing Aggies. And we don't need help finding ways to do that...

I agree. That is the unfortunate casualty of all of this, because at least sports and Aggie football could unite all of us regardless of race, creed, political affiliation, etc. Now, politics has ruined that.

annie88
AG
MagnumLoad said:

Admin and coaches were put in a no win position. Expel or condemn the bad actors and the leftists/marxists and main stream media would have eviscerated and possibly burned our university. Recruiting would have been badly damaged. Sully and the Corps of Cadets remain and hopefully will continue. The solution is for the perpetrators to be "beaten out" of their positions, which should not be difficult. We have great talent to do so. If questioned, the response should be simple and consistent, "we have better players that give us a better chance to win". Then the perps will leave on their own.

Going forward, our coaches should use the Saban approach and lay down strict rules forbidding social media use by our athletes. And before some of you scream first amendment, they are getting our money, just like an employee would. Forego the money and they can ***** all they want however they want.
Very well said.
mccag
S
Having an opinion and even voicing your opinion is fine! It's acting like a thug and calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a racist, that is the problem! Add in demanding the removal of names and statues that have stood for hundreds of years and have nothing to do with you or anyone alive in your family or mine just adds to it!
SchizoAg
AG
Dad-O-Lot said:

How do we educate the world that Sul Ross has a statue on Texas A&M campus in spite of being a Confederate, not because of.

The trope of "we don't put up statues of losers" needs to be challenged. Sul Ross was anything but a "loser".

Texas A&M and Prairie View A&M; and all the positive both Universities have been responsible for over the last 100+ years would not exist. We have Sul Ross to thank for this.

His statue should remain in a prominent location on the Texas A&M University Campus and his positive achievements should continue to be highlighted to the Students and General Public.

Indeed. We don't have statues of MLK because he was a serial womanizer, or because he plagiarized his doctoral thesis, etc. And we don't have a statue of Sully because of his Civil War service.

In the end, I think killing the beast of so-called "student athletics" might be a good and healthy thing. There is way too much money in it. Burn it all down and reform it with players who are students first. Let the America-hating NFL form its own minor league for the 18-22 year-old semi-pros who have no business being anywhere near a college campus.

Form a league of like-minded universities. And I think Aggies would support the resulting product just the same as the current one.
gooberhead
AG
This is exactly what needs to happen. Universities shouldn't be in the business of running a "minor league" for the NFL. I would love to be in the stands to yell for student athletes that truly want to play for Texas A&M!
Charlie 31
AG

Quote:

In the end, I think killing the beast of so-called "student athletics" might be a good and healthy thing. There is way too much money in it. Burn it all down and reform it with players who are students first.

stbabs
AG
Since 1967 my happiness and mental outlook during football season depended on whether a bunch of 18-21 year old kids in maroon and white prevailed in a football game.
I'm over it, I mean completely OVER it!
Thanks BLM, Antifa, Michael Young, Kellen Mond, athletic department, Michael Alvord and rest of the uber left PC crowd; I cured!!
I might occasionally check a score but donating my money and Saturday's to Aggie Football, I'm done.
I feel strangely liberated.
spherical
AG
Why do you think the "student first" athletes that are good enough to play will have a world view more similar to yours?
technoviking
AG
gooberhead said:

This is exactly what needs to happen. Universities shouldn't be in the business of running a "minor league" for the NFL. I would love to be in the stands to yell for student athletes that truly want to play for Texas A&M!

So what do you do about the fact that there's a ton of money to be made?

You think the junction boys are going to win a national title beyond 2020?

National championships are big deals and people are clearly willing to pay big bucks to see their alma mater win big games.
T264
AG
Pretty sure he is implying that students first athletes would be more inclined to be proud to Earn a diploma from a fantastic university and as a bonus enjoy the privilege of playing sports for said university.
Is there a reason you feel these student first athletes would or would not share a world view in line with his?
4gAg
AG
Do we actually know that to be true by the way, that the statue was in no way built to honor his role in the confederacy? Heard the narrative and know my own opinion, but some circa 1920s legislature style document could help settle some things
spherical
AG
T264 said:

Pretty sure he is implying that students first athletes would be more inclined to be proud to Earn a diploma from a fantastic university and as a bonus enjoy the privilege of playing sports for said university.
Is there a reason you feel these student first athletes would or would not share a world view in line with his?

I guess I don't understand the connection between wanting a diploma from the university and your views on history, the confederacy, racism and etc... is the implication that if my worldview doesn't match - I hate the university?

I don't have a reason- they just seem so sure of it.
Sleepnumber
AG
stbabs said:

Since 1967 my happiness and mental outlook during football season depended on whether a bunch of 18-21 year old kids in maroon and white prevailed in a football game.
Thanks BLM, Antifa, Michael Young, Kellen Mond, athletic department, Michael Alvord and rest of the uber left PC crowd; I cured!!
I might occasionally check a score but donating my money and Saturday's to Aggie Football, I'm done.
I'm about there...
West Point Aggie
AG
stbabs said:

Not sure what ACTUAL antifa and blm have to do with your view of A&M. Bjork, young and KM I get...
musicman55
AG
What if they kneel for The Spirit?
4gAg
AG
It would probably take you three beers and a lead against Alabama at half time to completely forget you ever said that. Chill people
agdaddy04
AG
Yea I don't think many will agree with you.
agz win
AG
Has someone posted an actual list of of the team players and the admin and professors that we are supposed to hate? It's hard to keep up when so many broad strokes are being painted. Is it all the players, TMF, admin, profs and students - vocal and those you deem condone it in silence?
oldyella
AG
JustisWalkert said:

"Aggies sticking together" might not get the results Bjork had in mind.

Aggies are sticking together, we have decided everyone should be treated equal and with respect. These wedges SJW wedges are trying to split us apart and the athletic department made their bed.
DallasAg 94

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.