Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M Begging Donors to Come Back

125,425 Views | 569 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WestGalvestonAggie
oldfart79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wow i like this some times when youve been out to sea a long time when you get back to port nothing is better than getting into bar fight with jar heads to make you feel at home
oldfart79
Nonregdrummer09
AG
CaliforniaAggie510 said:

Crying over racists monuments. I think your monuments should stay if you're okay with black athletes not attending your Alma Mater?

Sure seems like we're doing all right in recruiting. Almost like they don't care as much about this as you think?

(Also, it is not a "racist monument").

I'm half convinced this is just a troll someone is playing around with because these posts are so ridiculous.
RAB91
tdb867 said:

I hope all the racists stop donating. We don't need you
Kellen - Is that you?
Hawk2007
Nonregdrummer09 said:

CaliforniaAggie510 said:

Crying over racists monuments. I think your monuments should stay if you're okay with black athletes not attending your Alma Mater?

Sure seems like we're doing all right in recruiting. Almost like they don't care as much about this as you think?

(Also, it is not a "racist monument").

I'm half convinced this is just a troll someone is playing around with because these posts are so ridiculous.

I'm not terribly keen on Ag Tags, but CaliforniaAggie510 implies something completely different and said poster may be lost. "The California Aggie" is the name of a newspaper.

There are other Aggies.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
I don't necessarily fall in the "You have to have an Ag Tag" camp.

But when a poster has 7 posts since February of 2019...... and 5 of those are railing on A&M on this thread.... yeah, I'm going to get a little suspicious and not put a whole lot of weight into their argument.
Hawk2007
Player To Be Named Later said:

I don't necessarily fall in the "You have to have an Ag Tag" camp.

But when a poster has 7 posts since February of 2019...... and 5 of those are railing on A&M on this thread.... yeah, I'm going to get a little suspicious and not put a whole lot of weight into their argument.

I understand.... I'm saying a California Aggie may be mixed up on which forum they're posting to as said poster's views/opinions are in line with the California Aggie. I've been to UC Davis as a visitor, and it's about what one would expect.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
True.... and the 510 area code fits. Seems weird to have screwed up and made an account here in February of 2019 though and still be checking in to TexAgs to comment on this.

Either way, we can all agree that he just needs to go away
technoviking
AG
samhoustonag said:

technoviking said:

PaidInFull said:

Athletic scholarships should be eliminated.

Our university should get back to being a university.

And I'm a huge fan a aggie atletics.

How much of a fan would you be if we were dead last in every sport?

And I will preemptively call BS if you say you would be just as much of one as if we weren't.
Wow.

I was a student through some pretty rough seasons. And we still filled the stadium and did not leave until the last second ticked off the clock. Our loyalty was not tied to W-L record.

That's funny, because the last game I attended was LSU '18 and people were leaving at a great clip going into the final drive in regulation.
Urban Country Boy
AG
The QB and even the AD will be gone at some time. Ol' Ag support will always be there. But maybe a pull back of support is needed now to get some corrections done.
agdaddy04
AG
technoviking said:

samhoustonag said:

technoviking said:

PaidInFull said:

And I will preemptively call BS if you say you would be just as much of one as if we weren't.
Wow.

I was a student through some pretty rough seasons. And we still filled the stadium and did not leave until the last second ticked off the clock. Our loyalty was not tied to W-L record.

That's funny, because the last game I attended was LSU '18 and people were leaving at a great clip going into the final drive in regulation.

I think it's pretty darn obvious he's not talking about 2018.
technoviking
AG
MichaelEngr88 said:

The QB and even the AD will be gone at some time. Ol' Ag support will always be there. But maybe a pull back of support is needed now to get some corrections done.

Do you really think that younger and younger people that become QBs and future ADs are going to tow the line for the "old ags"?

There are clearly other societal pressures out there besides the threat that old generation Ags will withhold donations that may actually outweigh those withheld donations.
technoviking
AG
agdaddy04 said:

technoviking said:

samhoustonag said:

technoviking said:

PaidInFull said:

Wow.

I think it's pretty darn obvious he's not talking about 2018.

All the more reason that this A&M just ain't his anymore and I'd wager it hasn't been in a while.
jdowney
technoviking said:

MichaelEngr88 said:

Do you really think that younger and younger people that become QBs and future ADs are going to tow the line for the "old ags"?

There are clearly other societal pressures out there besides the threat that old generation Ags will withhold donations that may actually outweigh those withheld donations.
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

When was this?
Urban Country Boy
AG
technoviking said:

MichaelEngr88 said:

"Societal pressures" don't pay the bills.
TXAGBQ76
AG
These monuments have been around since the late 1800's in some cases. Why were they not an issue before 2020? Whey were they not an issue 12 years ago? Another election year tactic maybe?

If all statues that supposedly support racism are taken down, does racism disappear (like Covid did for a couple of weeks in late May-early June?

Why aren't we focused on more meaningful things like forcing the dem party to change it's name or be broken up? There history of supporting slavery- even to point of dividing a country and starting a war to protect slavery. They as a party promoted and enforced segregation, instituted Jim Crow laws, lynched blacks, sicced dogs on them, beat them, burned and bombed their churches and property, fire hoses them, killed them, etc.

Andrew Jackson, Woodrow Wilson, FDR, LBJ and many others promoted racism very overtly. Do we tear down their libraries, museums, take their names of buildings, remove their images from currency, remove their portraits from any government buildings? And don't forgot electing Richard Byrd who was an avowed KKk member whose great grandfather founded the West Virginia KKK and whose grandad and dad ran it.

How far do you go? Tear down the White House because it was built with slave labor? I know, I know, hear comes the "yeah but" defense at warp speed

This whole statue thing is the proverbial fly on the elephant's behind. It is tactic being promoted by those who want to make it look like they are doing something but do not want to rock the boat too much to affect themselves.

technoviking
AG
MichaelEngr88 said:

technoviking said:

MichaelEngr88 said:

What do they call the football team in Washington?
DallasAg 94
TXAGBQ76
AG
TBD?
Maroon Flash
AG
I don't understand why Op thinks this is funny.
Rick Burns
AG
We haven't won a conference championship in football, the sport that matters most, in 22 years. Based on our collective level of contributions, that is a poor rate of return. The athletic department has been underperforming on the field for some time, and now has revealed its incompetence off the field as well. These kind of debates are known to undermine contributions from donors. See Missouri, Etc..

You're not hearing about these kind of public debates from athletic departments at the schools that win nattys. Keeping everyone happy maximizes resources. The fact that no one recognizes that at the AD shows we don't have what it takes on an institutional level to win a natty and we are all wasting our money feeding a lost cause. Burn it down and build it up again.
Rick Burns
AG
Dp
Rick Burns
AG
Rick Burns said:

technoviking said:

MichaelEngr88 said:

technoviking said:

MichaelEngr88 said:

A team that doesn't win

Rick Burns
AG
tdb867 said:

I hope all the racists stop donating. We don't need you

Go rewatch the video. They need the money.
samhoustonag
technoviking said:

samhoustonag said:

technoviking said:

PaidInFull said:

Wow.

I was long past being a student in 2018. But thanks for reinforcing my point.
txag72
AG
What part of SOUTHeastern Conference does the newbie athletic department not understand?
greg.w.h
AG
Athletics also depend on media revenues. Should look at how advertisers forced Snyder to drop the name of The Washington Football Team.
technoviking
AG
samhoustonag said:

technoviking said:

samhoustonag said:

technoviking said:

PaidInFull said:

Wow.

I was long past being a student in 2018. But thanks for reinforcing my point.

You're welcome. This new A&M just ain't worth a darn is it?
Urban Country Boy
AG
technoviking said:

MichaelEngr88 said:

technoviking said:

MichaelEngr88 said:

They are such losers they still do not even know what to call themselves.
4gAg
AG
The team has underperformed relative to resources for sure, but hold up.

At the time of hire, I'd argue Fran, Sherman and Sumlin were all pretty big time hires. Had we not moved on them each would have gone to other top power 5 destinations.

Heck TU would have jumped all over Sumlin over Strong had timing been different - and how satisfied do you think they are with Herman today by the way? How does a program like Texas end up with someone named Herman anyways??

Truth is there haven't been many proven A+ coaching hires on the market for years now (could argue otherwise for a short list like Smart) and no one has been able to lure away the Saban's of the world, even for programs with more recent success than A&M. How is Florida state looking? Michigan, even though they got their man? Notre Dame?

I'd argue our admin has largely been swinging for the fences for years now, getting the best available for the most part, especially with the Jimbo hire and stadium renovations. I also still think Jimbo can get us where we want to go
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

At the time of hire, I'd argue Fran, Sherman and Sumlin were all pretty big time hires. Had we not moved on them each would have gone to other top power 5 destinations.

You are right on 2 of those. No one was looking at Sherman.
Houstonag
AG
The alumni need to shut down all support. Do not even show up on campus for anything academically, a banquet, all sports, etc. In fact do not even spend a dime in Bryan of CS. They are run by liberals also. Flush the commode.
zephyr88
AG
Houstonag said:

The alumni need to shut down all support. Do not even show up on campus for anything academically, a banquet, all sports, etc. In fact do not even spend a dime in Bryan of CS. They are run by liberals also. Flush the commode.
Yah, you're right...

We'll just stay in Houston and spend our money at home.

Oh wait, they're run by libs too.
Rick Burns
AG
RBarrRB35 said:

The team has underperformed relative to resources for sure, but hold up.

Heck TU would have jumped all over Sumlin over Strong had timing been different - and how satisfied do you think they are with Herman today by the way? How does a program like Texas end up with someone named Herman anyways??

Truth is there haven't been many proven A+ coaching hires on the market for years now (could argue otherwise for a short list like Smart) and no one has been able to lure away the Saban's of the world, even for programs with more recent success than A&M. How is Florida state looking? Michigan, even though they got their man? Notre Dame?

I'd argue our admin has largely been swinging for the fences for years now, getting the best available for the most part, especially with the Jimbo hire and stadium renovations. I also still think Jimbo can get us where we want to go

As we can attest, there's something more to winning national titles than hiring the best coaches. If that's all it took, we would have won at least one since 1998. I'd even argue the one in 1998 was a fluke. All those programs you listed have had national titles since 1998, save Michigan.

Something else is wrong with A&M football, and our blind loyalty to the program has covered it up for too long.
Hawk2007
Rick Burns said:

As we can attest, there's something more to winning national titles than hiring the best coaches. If that's all it took, we would have won at least one since 1998. I'd even argue the one in 1998 was a fluke. All those programs you listed have had national titles since 1998, save Michigan.

Something else is wrong with A&M football, and our blind loyalty to the program has covered it up for too long.

Agreed --- the only constant I can come up with (after cycling through head/assistant coaches, ADs, University Presidents, board of regents, players, students in the stands, etc.) are the wealthy alumni who can write the checks that get peoples attention. Think.... mini-Jerry Jones'.

Let's face it, people use money for control, and most people don't donate hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars blindly and expect nothing in return. Clinton Foundation anyone?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.