Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M Begging Donors to Come Back

125,845 Views | 569 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WestGalvestonAggie
spherical
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Complains about dishonesty... then misrepresents, leaves out, or lies about what happened. Pretty gutsy when most of it is on video.

1) the Corp thing was a retweet that he undid almost immediately. You demonstrated you knew the difference
2) ausbon said "don't cheer for kellen when he's throwing touchdowns
3) you left out what caused the two players to act intimidating (while refraining from punching that guy ). You know when their peaceful discourse was interrupted by at best a monumentally terrible argument using 1950s language?
4) do you complain when trump retweets racists? Or do you argue that liking a particular statement isn't the same as agreeing with the tweeters platform?

Edit: flagged for rumor, unconfirmed or false information
BossAgs
When was the last time the A&M football team won a national championship?
TexAgs91
AG
BossAgs said:

When was the last time the A&M football team won a national championship?
Before we wronged that gypsy and now have to deal with BAS
BossAgs
Slamn Sharpe
TexAgs91 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

If you dont support Aggie football, stop posting here. Your hobby has clearly changed. No need to be here

We will be fine without your donations and happy without you posting
You mean the Aggie football program we paid for? That Aggie football?

You nor anyone has paid for everything. Please get off your high horse.
W
AG
you know the athletic department and the 12th Man Foundation may simply be thinking...

we spent $500 MM for a renovated stadium...and signed a head coach for $75 MM.

the university went all-in on football years ago...and there's no turning back now
Dad-O-Lot
AG
How do we educate the world that Sul Ross has a statue on Texas A&M campus in spite of being a Confederate, not because of.

The trope of "we don't put up statues of losers" needs to be challenged. Sul Ross was anything but a "loser".

Texas A&M and Prairie View A&M; and all the positive both Universities have been responsible for over the last 100+ years would not exist. We have Sul Ross to thank for this.

His statue should remain in a prominent location on the Texas A&M University Campus and his positive achievements should continue to be highlighted to the Students and General Public.

W
AG
and going back to Bjork and Dabney...both of these guys are only in their mid-40's.

still have a long way to go in their respective careers. They are not going to fall on their sword for this issue and put the remaining 15 to 20 years of their professional careers (which should be rather cushy) at risk
Hawk2007
W said:

you know the athletic department and the 12th Man Foundation may simply be thinking...

we spent $500 MM for a renovated stadium...and signed a head coach for $75 MM.

the university went all-in on football years ago...and there's no turning back now

Can we get China to buy our debt?
Hawk2007
BossAgs said:

Recruiting is going to go the tank again.

As it should. We had 70,000 students enroll in Fall 2019. We can find plenty to wear the uniform and who are happy to represent the school without segregated housing, dining, and tutoring facilities.
Unemployed
AG
Just admit it...you guys still care a little about Aggie football.

Y'all be back.
Hawk2007
TexAgs91 said:

Donations should be redirected to the Corps.

I'm starting to regret coming to A&M.... Should have gone to a service academy.

Hawk2007
Speckled Trout said:

I hear Young will eventually be the sacrificial lamb for this. I don't think that will be enough for most folks though.

No Justice! No Peace! Until Young resigns
Slamn Sharpe
RealTalk said:

Just admit it...you guys still care a little about Aggie football.

Y'all be back.

They never left. They supposedly gave up their tickets but are so passionate about Aggie football they spend God knows how much time reading and posting about how they no longer care

See you all at Kyle
4gAg
AG
No, I suggest choosing your battles and that this isn't a winnable battle as of July 2020.

I'm also not sure this is as bad as you make it out to be. Statue is still there. The article I read about the hoax "suggests" that student *may* have put the notes there themselves, but there's not a conclusive case closed status yet. Also Mond is entitled to his own opinions.

Give it some time to see where everything lands as it still appears early. In the meantime yeah maybe don't start a "war" with your starting QB and predominantly black football team? At the very least it is clearly a sensitive issue, and yeah I support our administration accurately treating it like the hot potatoe it is

Name me a company or administration that is willing to take this fight on right now by the way. A majority of Fortune 500 corporate america would probably fire folks for discussing the opposing view point. Stuff is crazy and I personally don't blame A&M for that.
W
AG
BossAgs said:

honestly...when has recruiting ever been that great to begin with in the last 20 years?

perhaps a great class every now and then...but never consistently great classes
zoneag
spherical said:

Complains about dishonesty... then misrepresents, leaves out, or lies about what happened. Pretty gutsy when most of it is on video.

1) the Corp thing was a retweet that he undid almost immediately. You demonstrated you knew the difference
3) you left out what caused the two players to act intimidating (while refraining from punching that guy ). You know when their peaceful discourse was interrupted by at best a monumentally terrible argument using 1950s language?
4) do you complain when trump retweets racists? Or do you argue that liking a particular statement isn't the same as agreeing with the tweeters platform?

1. Fair enough, he retweeted a post calling the corps racist and for it to be de-funded. I'll take your word that he un-did the RT, though I'm not even on Twitter but if he did maybe he realized he made a mistake. Thank you for the correction.

2. I couldn't find the quote, but the sentiment is that they don't want support from those who disagree. I think Ausbon's conduct was fine at the protest, I merely highlighted this because people seem to be heeding his advice and people such as yourself seem to take issue with it.

3. He didn't use 1950s language. He clumsily was trying to make a point that they are all Aggies. He said blaggies, not "blackies". Talk about misrepresenting and spin.

4. What in the world does Trump have to do with this? Nothing. And I think he's generally a dumbass on Twitter much of the time. I do think that on social media that if you like/share/retweet that it does carry an endorsement of that content. So if Trump, Mond, or myself get careless with social media then there could be consequences.

Thanks for flagging my post though instead of merely disagreeing. Have a nice afternoon.
12thmanfootball
AG
Quote:

Bringing the BLM mentality to the Corps! Thanks, but no, when it comes to military leadership, I'll take the Corps any day over what I've seen come out of the Service Academies.
Hawk2007
12thmanfootball said:

Quote:

Bringing the BLM mentality to the Corps! Thanks, but no, when it comes to military leadership, I'll take the Corps any day over what I've seen come out of the Service Academies.

A lot of the officers are turds for sure.... But, there were plenty of butt kissers at A&M as well. The bulls surrounded themselves with that and it's basically unavoidable.
4gAg
AG
Just don't think this is on TAMU to solve in a powder keg current environment, and If they tried it would turn into a social media fake fight. Tackle these issues with your vote, political contributions, face to face interactions (not online). Just my $.02 but I want football to start, and I want to watch A&M win games not insert itself in popular opinion. There's other ways to influence keeping the statue and by the way I wouldn't be surprised if the university is trying those. Leave the social part of the discussion to the liberals
bv86ag
AG
Anyone who believes Mond & his band of BLM racist Marxists behavior will not have any impact on revenue are just trying to "whistle through the graveyard at midnight".
You'd better get "woke" to the damage already done.
...Mond & Co's racism towards the white alumni is real...and now John Sharp and liberal Young and "deer in the headlights" Bjork are about to find out just how real the consequences are.
But they will just conveniently scapegoat the virus. Go ahead ignore the reality of a very nasty situation just waiting to flare up again.
Question: Should the Corps even bother going to a game anymore?
4gAg
AG
Not to go all economics on you but yeah, 40M unemployed during a recession absolutely impacts donations... Just like the threat of no football and all the lost millions that would also mean for A&M.

I don't actually know that what you said about churches is true or not, but let's say it is. One response is that churches were eligible for federal virus funding/loans/grants, athletic departments were noT

Edit: oil and gas going negative and generally lowest in decades hasn't helped anything either. A&M and the PUF and major donors are heavily invested in Texas energy markets.
Rick Burns
AG
Buzz Williams may be the only one that gets a paycheck out of the athletic department that gets it.

oldfart79
i would love to know how tex ags stand on this thing and how their avertisers stand, ive not heard a word from anyone willing to take a side. how bout it lucc or gabe willing to take a stand. just asking
oldfart79
Nonregdrummer09
AG
zoneag said:

spherical said:

1. Fair enough, he retweeted a post calling the corps racist and for it to be de-funded. I'll take your word that he un-did the RT, though I'm not even on Twitter but if he did maybe he realized he made a mistake. Thank you for the correction.

2. I couldn't find the quote, but the sentiment is that they don't want support from those who disagree. I think Ausbon's conduct was fine at the protest, I merely highlighted this because people seem to be heeding his advice and people such as yourself seem to take issue with it.

3. He didn't use 1950s language. He clumsily was trying to make a point that they are all Aggies. He said blaggies, not "blackies". Talk about misrepresenting and spin.

4. What in the world does Trump have to do with this? Nothing. And I think he's generally a dumbass on Twitter much of the time. I do think that on social media that if you like/share/retweet that it does carry an endorsement of that content. So if Trump, Mond, or myself get careless with social media then there could be consequences.

Thanks for flagging my post though instead of merely disagreeing. Have a nice afternoon.

He did not undo the retweet because he realized a mistake, he undid because he realized people were getting furious and he wouldn't win that argument at all. I don't believe he that out of the interest of anyone but himself.
Hawk2007
oldfart79 said:

i would love to know how tex ags stand on this thing and how their avertisers stand, ive not heard a word from anyone willing to take a side. how bout it lucc or gabe willing to take a stand. just asking

Funny you were thinking that, as I was thinking something similar as well.

TexAgs sort of has to worry about donations as well, and hacking off the same donor base. Personally, I can see a lot of overlap between TMF and Association donors with TexAgs donors. AFAIK, this is the de-facto, unofficial Aggie forum on the internet (or at least the harbor of the most current/former students).

If one of the owners of this site decided to stop dissent on the issue... you have to wonder how much TexAgs would suffer financially. Hence why I sort of see why they're keeping these threads around even though they're flirting with having anything to do with football.

(note for admins: Y'alls finances are your own private business)
Nonregdrummer09
AG
BossAgs said:

This clip has so much unbelievable bull**** in it especially Skip just throwing it that he was part of the KKK in the end which is absolutely false.
Unemployed
AG
oldfart79 said:

And why in the world would they do that?

Are you crazy?

It's easy to pick a side or take a stand when you have nothing to lose. You think withdrawing your donations takes courage? All it means is that your money stays in your bank account.

Most of y'all are all talk. Go do something about it or just STFU.
Double Diamond
Correct A&M can't say anything. Fisher would be done coaching if he says anything.
PneumAg
BossAgs said:

Good. **** it. Texas A&M needs to be purged of this cancerous ideology. If recruiting goes in the gutter, that's a price we should all be willing to pay.
NomadicAggie
AG
This is what really ought to scare not just college athletics, but also pro sports. After four plus months of absolutely no sports, I've learned that I'm spending more time with my family and have enjoyed other activities besides watching sports on tv. Now that they're coming back, and with an in-your-face political message....it's been really easy to just not watch or give a chit.

Indifference to athletics....that's what these clowns really ought to be scared of.

I love this school and what it stands for. Athletics are not what makes this school great. Give your money where it has the greatest impact.
GarryowenAg
AG
I would not recommend testing staff's patience with this type of talk. I made an offhand "joke" while this was all going down and got the banhammer. They graciously only gave me a 1 month ban after several emails.

Take this warning however you want, but I'll never call them out to the Nth degree like I did last time.
AGDAD14
McDadeTXAggie said:

TexAgs91 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

If you dont support Aggie football, stop posting here. Your hobby has clearly changed. No need to be here

We will be fine without your donations and happy without you posting
You mean the Aggie football program we paid for? That Aggie football?

You nor anyone has paid for everything. Please get off your high horse.
The TMF might disagree, as they just told its members/donors that they pay for a lot of things.

Texas A&M University is on the verge of finding out if it has a liberal base that can sufficiently support the university without significantly scaling back, unless they take a stand on certain key issues.

BTHO tu forever!!!
oldfart79
just wanted to know their opinions how is that makeing anyone mad. im sure tex ags has a stand on what they say and do just wanted to know if they would.
oldfart79
NowhereMan
Dah

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.