Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

284,183 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
gig them
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was really stupid and someone needs to apologize.

But those of you advocating permanent removal from the organization need to chill the **** out.

Edit: And add me to the list of people who see nothing linking fish camp to any of these photos.

[This message has been edited by gig them (edited 6/27/2013 12:53p).]
FtBendTxAg
AG
texags witchhunts
mstead12
AG
While there isn't any proof, these do look like the typical fish camp counselor photos people take. They are usually doing stupid poses, just not at a memorial.
Mr. Lahey
AG
quote:
texags witchhunts

my thursday afternoon just got better
beebeegee
AG
quote:
If not Fish Camp, then who do you suggest this is?

The only one suggesting anything is Fish n Chips, and he has not given any kind of evidence that his position is valid.

The burden of proof is on him, not us, to verify his claim.

That said, the people taking the photos/in the photos are ****ing retarded and classless regardless of which organization they belong to.
unmade bed
quote:

But those of you advocating that these people are permanently removed from fish camp need to chill the **** out.

I fully acknowledged I was probably overreacting when i said that, but if we were going to kick Johnny out of school and football for a year for a fistfight and fake IDs, I definitely think this deserves some kind of consequences.
Slyfox07
AG
If this isn't fish camp, then it's people trying to make you think that they're fish camp.

I'm 99.9999969% sure it is.
Brock Sampson
AG
I'll teach the girl in the red shoes a lesson. You all can deal with the others.
FTA011
AG
Brock
Sandman98
AG
quote:
retarded and classless

Irony
chipotle
quote:
I'll teach the girl in the red shoes a lesson. You all can deal with the others.

Will you spank her? I'll hang up and listen.
Slyfox07
AG
smh

[This message has been edited by slyfox07 (edited 6/27/2013 1:05p).]
FTA011
AG
quote:

But those of you advocating that these people are permanently removed from fish camp need to chill the **** out.

I'm not suggesting they get kicked out of camp, but I think this situation calls for more than just a slap on the wrist.

[This message has been edited by FTA011 (edited 6/27/2013 1:02p).]
chipotle
quote:
but I think this situation calls for more than just a slap on the wrist.

My suggestion:

That all counselors be required to wear slacks and dress shirts throughout the course of fish camp and act in a professional manner equivalent to that of a business office.
Scotch
AG
Voting down thread, this is an example of something that should be handled off of TexAgs, or at least on the Ags Only board.
Retired Principal
AG
Whether it was fish camp or not, fish camp staff have a reputation for being a pretty self-absorbed bunch.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Someone needs to have a sit-down with whoever thought this was a good idea & went forward with it. It shows a complete lack of respect and shows a lack of any concept of what is or is not appropriate.
gig them
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm not suggesting they get kicked out of camp, but I think this situation calls for more than just a slap on the wrist.

[This message has been edited by FTA011 (edited 6/27/2013 1:02p).]

I agree, there's some type of middle ground they need to reach. At a minimum, I'd expect a formal apology from the top.
Slyfox07
AG
fish camp exists because it provides a social outlet and hook-up opportunity for the counselors...many of whom do it every year that they're in school.

The actual "camp" and the incoming fish are an afterthought. It's about the 6 months of "planning time"...That's where the "fun" happens

EDITED when I realized that I've failed to give the proper level of credit to the 6 months AFTER fish camp, where the creeper male counselors prey on the vulnerable 18 yr old fish who don't know anybody else yet and are easy pickings.

EDITED again when I realized the inherent genius behind all of this. Their selling point is: We will put you in guy/girl groups of two and then give you late night arts and crafts projects to do for six months....so you can, uh, get to know each other.

THEN we'll give you first dibs on the fresh crop of incoming freshmen, AND you get to be in a position of presumed authority and trustworthiness upon meeting them.

...but it's for the good of the fish.

[This message has been edited by slyfox07 (edited 6/27/2013 1:10p).]

[This message has been edited by slyfox07 (edited 6/27/2013 1:16p).]
Steve Billings
Trash.
AgAllStar91
Boo fish camp

[This message has been edited by AgAllStar91 (edited 6/27/2013 1:33p).]
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
quote:
Oh it was fish camp. I know one of the yungins in one of the pics. He cares little about tradition and just wants to make love to fish camp women.

Oh and it was his idea to do this.
Old Buffalo
AG
Fish Camp: The place where you meet your best friends*

*for the next 10 months until you meet your next best friends
Sandman98
AG
GB drive-by from none other than Billings.
SoTxAg
AG
tacky.
AggieDave02
AG

[This message has been edited by AggieDave02 (edited 6/27/2013 1:15p).]
Cancer Boy
I've never understood guys in fish camp. You either have to act super gay or you get stuck with a fat chick.
Wes97
AG
Wow this is amazingly, over the top inappropriate.

AGinHI
AG
They need to volunteer at a hospice or in palliative care until they gain a better understanding of life.
Ag_EE
AG
quote:
Oh it was fish camp. I know one of the yungins in one of the pics. He cares little about tradition and just wants to make love to fish camp women.

Oh and it was his idea to do this.

Nice troll attempt
Cancer Boy
quote:
Fish Camp: The place where you meet your best friends*

*for the next 10 months until you meet your next best friends
Capt. America
AG
Weak sauce

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've seen 'em lose, I've seen 'em win, but I've never seen 'em quit...
McGibblets
AG
Went fishing at the pond at George bush library because we didn't want to drive anywhere else and saw a camp taking pictures there. Spent the entire time laughing at how gay they are
Bajan
bfvp
fish camp

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.