Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

283,251 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What did I miss??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you drunk again?

Isn't this like asking the pope if he's Catholic?
persona non grata
Maybe we should turn this into a discussion about how the human brain doesn't fully develop until the mid to late twenties. Or y'all can just repeating that people who aren't even of legal age to consume alcohol are adults.
trouble
AG
They are old enough to vote, get married, enter into contracts, and join the military.
Spanks
but not drink beer. so that's not an excuse.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Yes, these are ones I want to bring people there and explain to them about the Bonfire memorial...makes you wonder about what kind of screening process was in place?
EllisCoAg
AG
torbush
Brother Mouzone
AG
I didn't participate in **** at Fish Camp. It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

If our enemies could see it. My God the material would be endless.

It's about as close to Baylor as one can get with out being at Baylor.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
but not drink beer. so that's not an excuse.

The chairmen are and they are the ones who coordinated this
ConfidentAg
AG
Fish camp was a weird experience for sure. I am a first generation college student so it really did bring me into the loop regarding A&M traditions. That being said the counselor positions attract a certain type of people...
DannyDuberstein
AG
Monumental stupidity and insensitivity. Colossal.
persona non grata
Yes, but a 20 year old isn't an adult in the same sense as you or I. They still have a lot of maturing to do. This should be used as an educational opportunity, not an opportunity to teach them how emotional and illogical we can be by punishing them harshly.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
Punch them all in the face!!!!

Ok kidding. They are 18yo and idiots. What do you expect.

None of them are 18. Fish camp doesn't start until end of July
dreyOO
btw Max, that's a good show of real leadership. it's good to stand up and apologize for those under you. Kudos to you.

But this isn't on you or the organization. It's on each one of those people. Those adults needs to stand up and be held accountable on their own. They're big boys and girls.

Normally I wouldn't expect a public apology, but since they felt it appropriate to use social media for this type of disgrace, a public apology by all would seem fitting. Especially to the families of those that memorial involves.
trouble
AG
quote:
Yes, but a 20 year old isn't an adult in the same sense as you or I. They still have a lot of maturing to do. This should be used as an educational opportunity, not an opportunity to teach them how emotional and illogical we can be by punishing them harshly.

I was married and had a kid at 20. Stop acting like they are 16.
3rdgenerationag01
AG
To those who are saying Texags is overreacting to a stupid decision by these kids: maybe we are. But for those if us who will never be able to forget that morning, who still feel a sharp pain in our hearts when Bonfire is mentioned, we will not apologize for the overreaction. 13 years later, that wound obviously has not healed for many of us. It's bad enough to hear some idiot t-sip say something awful about Bonfire (and I've heard it from a few) but it is unbelievable to see this kind of disrespect from some of our own.
Motis B Totis
AG
I never did like how the fish camp organization was run. It's time to clean house...
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:

Spoken like someone that knows what it takes to coddle and raise a true tit-suckling millenial. I'd be willing to bet all of these folks would have been better off with a lot more harsh kicks in the ass in life than they've received thus far.
Pierce County Ag
AG
quote:

Absolutely, whole-heartedly disagree. Expelled? No. Disciplined? You betcha. That's hallowed ground. Time for a big life lesson on respect and mortality.
Spanks
Not to change the subject, but maybe more of us old Ags really need to start seriously consider backing of the Student Bonfire. We dont want it forgotten? Then we need to carry it on...and more importantly support the few who already/still are.

[This message has been edited by Spanks (edited 6/27/2013 9:32p).]
texrex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEYPm0VHBl4

dislike, and spam the comment section
Keegan99
AG
Well said, dreyOO.
Pignorant
AG
quote:
I never did like how the fish camp organization was run. It's time to clean house...

Please give us some suggestions sir...
persona non grata
quote:
I was married and had a kid at 20. Stop acting like they are 16.

I would consider getting married and having a kid at 20 to be one of those immature things that kids do at that age, but you've probably grown up and figured that out by now.

What these kids did was dumb, the best thing to do is learn from it and move forward. Punishing them harshly won't help them to become better human beings, which is what we should want for all Aggies to achieve during their time at A&M.
chosin
AG
quote:
quote:

Please give us some suggestions sir...

Do you not understand what "clean house" means?
dreyOO
Immaturity doesn't excuse bad behavior.

They are responsible for their actions. By being held accountable and facing consequences, maybe they'll develop some of that maturity they are all sorely missing.

That's how it's supposed to work.
AggieTFA06
AG
max- I appreciate the apology. I know you mean well, but to put this incident, I think it's more appropriate if the fish camp workers involved in these photos come forward and apologize. I'm not asking for their heads, I just want them to be responsible.

To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
trouble
AG
no, I don't think it was immature. Our ancestors married long before that.

Again, these are adults. Time to treat them like it.
bennyboobooboo
AG
I think my T-sip friend said it best:

"Wow. I'll walk on your grass all day, I'll booooo at your games all day, but even I know not to cross that line"
DannyDuberstein
AG
Exactly. Nothing helps a lesson sink in more than consequences. They don't need to be expelled, but I'd rain some hell down on them. Otherwise, the main thing they learn is that you can do something incredibly stupid and insensitive and not suffer for it. I'd venture a guess many of them have received that lesson olenty already in their lives, and it helped bring them to this point.

[This message has been edited by DannyDuberstein (edited 6/27/2013 9:40p).]
67walkon
We are the Aggies, the Aggies are We. I am sure they meant not disrespect ! Just bad judgement! I am thankful it has cause me to dig into a painful memory that drew us together coast to coast. Resigned my position on the Bonfire committee two years earlier for fear! Never let it fade!
Fight on Ags!

[This message has been edited by 67Walkon (edited 6/27/2013 9:40p).]i

[This message has been edited by 67Walkon (edited 6/27/2013 9:42p).]
Barnacle
AG
quote:
Geez people, it's not like they were humping or licking the walls. They didn't vandalize or damage the memorial. Smack them on the hand or the face a few times but kick them out of fish camp? Really?

Chipotle, how 'bout we have some dewshwater students fart in unison while your family is calling "here" when it's your turn to have your name called at Aggie Muster. That's the equivalent of this. Treating the memorial like a jungle gym...

disgustingly bad bull new army...I take up for you guys all the time but this is proof that the lack of bonfire on campus has let many of you stray away.
SBISA Victim
AG
How did we discover this grace?
Naked Hiker
AG
I had a Baylor "friend" comment when he saw our wall saying Building champions that we should add, but not bonfires.
A few Texas exes ripped him a new one. He thought I was the only one who would react, and I didn't even have to.
Some things you should just know to leave alone.
A normal person whispers when they walk over to that part of campus. What idiots really try to plan the stupidest pose they can come up with for posting online?
Severly poor judgement. I don't think there should be any consequences for the students, as I'm sure the photographer was telling them what to do.
God, I'm tired of our students embarassing me.
TRaww
AG
I don't even understand why it's a thing for these so called "counselors" to take pictures with each other, like why? it's just another testament to the fact that fish camp "counselors" are so much more invested in themselves and each other that they forget about what they're actually supposed to be doing, which in turn makes "a freshman's first tradition" one that leaves a bad taste in their mouths.
texrex
[Stop linking to their video. - Staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 6/27/2013 9:53p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.