Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

283,729 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
Jeffersons Ghost
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Wow, there are some holier than thou mofos in this thread..

What high horses people must be on to be offended people are disrespecting the memorial on the site of their friends' deaths!
TwoTimeAg
AG
Partying on a memorial for fallen students sure doesn't help A&M's reputation either....
Old Buffalo
AG
Oh shut up, Colin!
Dave Robicheaux
AG
quote:
Wow, there are some holier than thou mofos in this thread.. That's for sure. Judgemental mofos sitting from their high horse.

This is why Aggies can have a bad reputation.

blast from the past. glad to see your still a *****nozzle on the boards, colin.
JCB75Ag
AG
Just sayin'...

They made a mistake. Texags wants to burn them alive.
mstead12
AG
quote:
Clearly the counselors had a lapse in judgement that took only an instant of thought which resulted in this unfortunate incident

Lets see. They planned the event out, agreed upon a time and place, and met there. They took pictures for a while, since each pair had to take multiple pictures. Then they decided that they should take stupid pictures standing on the memorial. Then they called it a day, went home and posted it on Facebook. At no point in this did any of the counselors, chairs, or the photographer think it was a bad idea. They even thought it was such a good idea they should post it on facebook. That's hardly an "instant of thought."
Keegan99
AG
Colin gonna Colin...

As to this...

quote:
Clearly the counselors had a lapse in judgement that took only an instant of thought which resulted in this unfortunate incident.

Wrong. This wasn't some spontaneous act.

This was PLANNED. More than two dozen people had time to independently think about this and decided to go along with it.
Old Buffalo
AG

I wanted humiliation after the first few pics, but when you prance around like a $2 ***** I want blood as reparation.

[This message has been edited by Drizzydrake3 (edited 6/27/2013 8:24p).]
ag2014
AG
I think the fischamp website crashed after Loftin tweeted to check there for a statement.
Keegan99
AG
quote:
They made a mistake. Texags wants to burn them alive.

I just want them to own it and speak for themselves instead of letting their innocent director fall on the sword on their behalf.

And then I want them to take some time to learn about Bonfire and the twelve and why it hurts so many people so deeply.
Pignorant
AG
As a former counselor these things are planned days if not weeks in advance.
Buying_time
AG
email sent

Max:

Do not even know where to begin with the photos. The apology was weak. They need to reach out to the parents of those they disrespected and apologize.

To state that I am sick to my stomach and beyond disappointed is an understatement.

This was a planned event, not some whimsical fling that just happened. Not a single person thought this was a bad idea. Give me a freaking break.

I truly question the understanding our history, who we are, and what we have been through as the result of the Bonfire tragedy.

Fish Camp is the first organized contact with Texas A&M as an Aggie for the incoming freshman and they should be met by people who understand and embrace our history and rich traditions.

I truly question their ability to represent Texas A&M.

Count me as one of the many who are disappointed in “New Army”.

Troy Youngblood ‘86

[This message has been edited by troy_y (edited 6/27/2013 8:29p).]
JCB75Ag
AG
Keegan,

How long have been reading and posting in this thread?

The kids made an embarrassing mistake.. Key word "KIDS".. An unfortunate mistake that should be immediately forgivable with a sincere apology.

That's as far as I would take it though.

I'll look for more of your posts to see how long you can beat a dead horse. bye.
Hellbent
AG
Disgusting! How could people this stupid get into A&M.
Demosthenes81
AG
quote:
Clearly the counselors had a lapse in judgement that took only an instant of thought which resulted in this unfortunate incident. I don’t think anyone woke up this morning and decided to go desecrate a memorial. These fish camp kids probably had no concept of the significance of this action to others. Hopefully some cool heads will prevail here and we can move forward and forgive. A lot of this thread is disgraceful in and of itself. Gig’em

Let's break this down:
Clearly the counselors had a lapse in judgement that took only an instant of thought which resulted in this unfortunate incident.
Multiple camera shots of multiple groups and couples. This did not happen in an instant. What were the other doing while couples were posing. Were they reading respectfully the inscriptions? doubt it.

I don’t think anyone woke up this morning and decided to go desecrate a memorial.
but they did wake up this morning and decide let's go take goofy pictures somewhere on campus. Did they roll a dice or pull numbers out of hat to decide where to go? No someone decided that the memorial was the place.

These fish camp kids probably had no concept of the significance of this action to others.
They are the COUNSELORS! Their job is to know this.

Hopefully some cool heads will prevail here and we can move forward and forgive.
When I am sure that they have been removed from the possibility of passing their lack of judgement on to other future Aggies, I can move on. Part of growing up at some point is taking responsibility for your own stupidity and to quit playing I'm just a dumb child card. I would say these counselors are at that point in their life.

A lot of this thread is disgraceful in and of itself.
I quite agree but probably for a reason very different than yours.

[This message has been edited by jxs40 (edited 6/27/2013 8:28p).]
ag2014
AG
quote:
I think the fischamp website crashed after Loftin tweeted to check there for a statement.

Nevermind, back up.
Jeffersons Ghost
quote:
Key word "KIDS"

Ranging in age from 19-23 and possibly higher?

These are adults.
texrex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEYPm0VHBl4

Let's make some interesting youtube comments
95_Aggie
AG
Now that KBTX is reporting it I assume other news sites around the state will pick it up.
BradC34
AG
quote:
For some much needed levity, Loftin just tweeted which brings us to :

quote:
Oh this isn't even close to being done. We still need :

tweet from Loftin
tweet from Manziel
solari post
Batt article
Daily Texan article
Shag gybevo thread outrage
bikini pics of at least two girls in the photos
SEC perspective
recruiting impact

I have a bingo card if anyone wants one.

Pretty likely the Batt will have an article and two columns in Friday's paper. If not, I am disappoint.
TwoTimeAg
AG
the Batt will probably defend them.....
CiboloAg
Minor peeve here. Can't stand the use if the word "mistake" when it should be "decision." A mistake makes it sound like an accident (oops, no idea how we ended up in those poses on a monument that deserves respect). A decision requires taking responsibility for actions. It was a poor decision and I'm interested to hear what the consequences will be.
coupland boy
AG
Not cool........in other words, bad bull.
Decay
AG
I think a lot of students won't get it. And then some will. That's the problem with a memorial - there are people who it's dedicated to, and not just the ones who passed away.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Ok. I just now caught up and I must say that as a part of the class of '17, no freshmen are to be blamed here. I have watched all of the bonfire videos and have watched burning desiremultiple times. I would never promote something so disrespectful, but they will handle it. I don't believe the people on Texags need to tell them. Fish camp chairs are kind hearted and are probably tearing themselves up right now. They will apologize.

Oh and lemme just tell you that I'm not too excited for fish camp
depogs
AG
They need to be relieved of their duties as fish counselors, end of story. I understand they probably didn't realize the significance of their actions but that is exactly the reason they need to be dismissed. Aggies no older than they were lost their lives there and if you can't comprehend why that area deserves solemn respect than you have not earned the right to teach new aggies. Being an Aggie is not just about yelling at football games, and these counselors need more time to figure that out.
KaneIsAble
AG
I concur
Keegan99
AG
Colin - Fine. Then let's hear a sincere apology from these "kids" (who are old enough to vote and serve in the military). Not Max.
reb,
AG
quote:
I understand they probably didn't realize the significance of their actions but that is exactly the reason they need to be dismissed.

Pretty much.

Their lives will go on, they just shouldn't get to be counselors.
Ian Neff
AG
Magnolia, it's ok to be wrong. You are.
Why are they not to be blamed?

And what would you say if they stood in front of you and said,

"Don't blame me. I am not responsible for this."
MW03
AG
There's a chance here to do something good. Fish Camp should reach out to older Ags that were around when Bonfire fell, or to the families and friends of the ones we lost. Fish Camp should devote some time to teaching young Ags and Ags to be about Bonfire so future classes understand why this is so offensive to so many.

Outreach so we collectively don't forget. So that it never just becomes another statue on campus. Just an idea.
texrex
quote:
Oh and lemme just tell you that I'm not too excited for fish camp

Then don't go. Trust me... worst 2 days ever.
trouble
AG
quote:
Magnolia, it's ok to be wrong. You are.
Why are they not to be blamed?

And what would you say if they stood in front of you and said,

"Don't blame me. I am not responsible for this."

class of 17 are incoming fish. Those aren't incoming fish in those photos. They are counselors for this class not members of it.
Pignorant
AG
The most amazing thing is these pics were taken in early May!
rae13
AG
quote:
Trust me... worst 2 days ever.

I'm happy that I went because of the people that I met, but it really was a miserable time. It's all so childish and fake.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.