Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

283,243 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
Original Toad Boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
ooks like she just deleted her FB account

Google has cached images.
Jeffersons Ghost
Female chair has pulled her facebook site.

Male chair hasn't and is/was part of the student senate.
winchesterag
AG

[This message has been edited by winchesterag (edited 6/27/2013 5:46p).]
CTAnon
This is definitely fish camp. As a 1 time counselor camps take family style pics with their partners and camp. The number of people, how they dressed, and how they went for a "scenic spot".
Know the male co-chair is a E-2 zip
Port_Cow Ag 08
AG
quote:
Anyone trying to defend what was a complete lack of respect and good judgment needs to take a good long serious look at their time at A&M and ask if they really understand why it is that old Ags are proud to be known as Texas Aggies.

I have watched people lay flowers, stand in solemn reverence, and breakdown in tears at the exact portals that are pictured. I have seen thousands of Aggies hold flickering candles on the mound where that group shot was taken while bagpipes played Amazing Grace.

I deeply question whether any one of those adults has spent a single minute at a Bonfire Memorial service.

Literally defacing a grave site.

Shame on everyone involved.
Bankeraggie
AG
I'm really surprised not one person said "this is a bad idea". Who would think this was okay?
Snookie
I bet Tim Murray isn't happy...

Class of 1978 Chemical Engineering graduate.
Century Club member and 12th man Foundation Champions Council Top 100 member.
Advisory Board Member of Mays Business School 1998-2005 and 2010 to present.
CTAnon
I'm really surprised not one person said "this is a bad idea". Who would think this was okay?

Nonregs
FtnTXAg03
AG
Fish Camp is not and should not be about "bettering this University."

It IS and SHOULD be about introducing the next generation to, and inspiring the next generation with that greatness that already exists; about making a new class more fully aware of something special so that one day they will be prepared to inherit and advance that greatness on their own, greatness that was made through sacrifice and great works and a singular spirit.

---
Gallery on fb, twitter
Jeffersons Ghost
quote:

groupthink
Hehateme1
This makes me so sad. Took my kids (15 and 17 years old) to the Bonfire Memorial earlier this year. They seemed to be pretty affected by it, spoke in hushed voices while we were there. Took them awhile to absorb the reality of what happened there.

I cannot fathom how these individuals pictured could be so calloused. Yep, they made a mistake. I think they need to own up to it, and I absolutely agree that a first step would be an "in person" apology to the families of the fallen.
NorthsideAg
AG
Coming from a recent co-chair, fish campers need to know the #1 rule for when TexAgs gets a hold of something fish camp related like this- sit down, shut up, don't mention it in social media, and DON'T make a new TexAgs account to try and defend it in a post your sure will make everyone see the truth. It's only going to make you look dumb and add fuel to the fire. The more you try and defend it or talk bad about TexAgs, the longer this will last.

That being said, this was dumb and disrespectful, and should have never been done. Also as noted in previous posts- the people in fish camp who you can contact about this would have had no prior knowledge that this was going to happen, so keep it civil. I know they're pissed too
Sandman98
AG
quote:
Nonregs

Really, bro?
reb,
AG
quote:
Anyone trying to defend what was a complete lack of respect and good judgment needs to take a good long serious look at their time at A&M and ask if they really understand why it is that old Ags are proud to be known as Texas Aggies.

I have watched people lay flowers, stand in solemn reverence, and breakdown in tears at the exact portals that are pictured. I have seen thousands of Aggies hold flickering candles on the mound where that group shot was taken while bagpipes played Amazing Grace.

I deeply question whether any one of those adults has spent a single minute at a Bonfire Memorial service.

Shame on everyone involved.

Pierce County Ag
AG
quote:

Nonregs
reb,
AG
pro tip for you olds: you can deactivate facebook account without deleting it
Sentinel
AG
Take down the photos folks.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Panther, If you still have the link to the photo you may be able to see if Google has a cached copy.

Oh I seent it... I'll never approve of posting someone's facebook pics, but I'm damn sure gonna look when it's a hot chick.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
wow. thanks and gigem. don't know what the **** these kids were thinking.
Jeffersons Ghost
quote:
Does this match up with the above photos?

yes
Jeffersons Ghost
quote:
but I'm damn sure gonna look when it's a hot chick.

A bit on the flat side for me but dayyyyyyum.

Of course I kinda hate her now though...
ag3478
I only meant that fish camp is a big organization. Most people involved are involved in many other things that positively impact our campus. However, I personally see ushering in the new freshmen class as something beneficial to the university. Not everyone loves fish camp as a freshman (and obviously after the fact), but it does spark something in at least a few (like myself) to get involved on campus and keep the traditions of Texas A&M alive.

erin0812
On behalf of everyone associated with Fish Camp, I apologize from the bottom of my heart for the unfortunate and inappropriate photographs that circulated briefly on social media. While the actions portrayed in these photographs do not reflect the Aggie Core Values or the Fish Camp values, I know these students, and I know there was no ill-intent or disrespect intended to the memories of the 12 Aggies who are memorialized at the site. While I was not present when the photographs were taken, I know the students involved are devastated by the hurt that this has caused to the families and friends of those fallen Aggies and all other members of the Aggie family. We continually strive to improve the education our members and incoming freshmen receive about the rich traditions and history that we hold dear at Texas A&M University. I assure you that my fellow directors and I will take active steps in using this moment as a point of education, not only for those involved in the incident, but for the entire organization. Again, I deeply regret that this incident occurred. I plan to reach out to the families of the 12 fallen Aggies to express my regrets, and I am eager to work with our organization moving forward.

Regards,

Max Cadena ‘13

Head Director | Fish Camp 2013
Sentinel
AG
quote:
On behalf of everyone associated with Fish Camp, I apologize from the bottom of my heart for the unfortunate and inappropriate photographs that circulated briefly on social media. While the actions portrayed in these photographs do not reflect the Aggie Core Values or the Fish Camp values, I know these students, and I know there was no ill-intent or disrespect intended to the memories of the 12 Aggies who are memorialized at the site. While I was not present when the photographs were taken, I know the students involved are devastated by the hurt that this has caused to the families and friends of those fallen Aggies and all other members of the Aggie family. We continually strive to improve the education our members and incoming freshmen receive about the rich traditions and history that we hold dear at Texas A&M University. I assure you that my fellow directors and I will take active steps in using this moment as a point of education, not only for those involved in the incident, but for the entire organization. Again, I deeply regret that this incident occurred. I plan to reach out to the families of the 12 fallen Aggies to express my regrets, and I am eager to work with our organization moving forward.

Regards,

Max Cadena ‘13

TxAgswin
AG
quote:
this is easily one of the best programs that a&m offers its freshmen

No, it's not. Bonfire was.

bendover
quote:

Unless their bodies are buried there, it's not "literally" a grave site.
CorpsAg11
AG
This was most definiely in poor taste.

But its ironic that some of you calling for their heads are also making inappropriate sexual remarks about one of the girls. Bad bull.
inebriated_duck
AG
quote:

Regards,

Max Cadena ‘13

ag3478
That being said, it was disrespectful and I hope they formally apologize soon. As you were.
chipotle
quote:

Regards,

Max Cadena ‘13

And this is what needed to be done. Not fish camp people creating accounts to defend their comrades. Just an apology to get the process started.

Thank you.
CTAnon
quote:

Regards,

Max Cadena ‘13

That's a start, but I feel like TexAgs won't stop unless there is blood.
stacyreeves
AG
Yeah, damn, it looks like it does match up. Geez, I cannot believe an E2 zip was responsible for this. Looks like he is in PMC too. You'd think a guy like that would stop and say "Yeah, this is maybe not so smart."
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
Max is a good dude, I'm sure he'll handle it correctly
chipotle
quote:
quote:
this is easily one of the best programs that a&m offers its freshmen

No, it's not. Bonfire was.

Yep, didn't go to fish camp as a freshman. Bonfire was my a&m education.
Ag_EE
AG
quote:

Regards,

Max Cadena ‘13

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.