Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

283,238 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They can disband all of Fish Camp and no one would notice a difference. It is obviously just another social function for immature kids. All of the posts predicting some tragedy if a few kids with poor judgment are dismissed are amusing.
EmAg14
The Fish Camp Head Director's response/apology is deeply disturbing to me. I agree that the apology should have come from each student individually. His position of authority does not make the apology more valid. I also am dumbfounded by his remark that the students involved are "devastated" by what happened. I doubt that this is the case. I think that they are "devastated" that they were caught and that they have been ridiculed on the internet. I think they have regret, not remorse. I have never respected the Fish Camp organization a great deal and this further confirms my apprehension with the organization.
This is disgusting. I also doubt the Head Director's remark that they will be in some way punished. I feel as if there won't be many repercussions for these students.
After all, if the whole camp participated, how can they eliminate an entire camp from this summer's session? It is very unfortunate that you can be kicked out of Fish Camp for one bad grade at the end of the semester, but when participating in something like this, the most you will get is a probably a slap on the wrist. God help us all.
OldArmy71
AG
quote:
Some of those involved in the situation have been at A&M for 4.5+ years and have had great careers thus far at A&M. I know they would never want to do anything to offend bonfire, and more importantly the families of those lost.

Do students/former students have a right to be offended about what happened? Yes

Do students/former students have a right to ***** and moan and call for punishment to these Aggies? NO. Only the families and friends of those lost do.

So much fail. You "know" they would never do anything to offend those who died and their families? There are a number of photos that show you are absolutely wrong.

Some of these people may have been at A&M for 4 years, but they certainly haven't learned a damn thing about what it means to be an Aggie.

At the least, this camp should be dissolved, its incoming fish dispersed among the others, and all of the people in these photos should be completely dissociated from the organization.
Pignorant
AG
Apology posted on the fish camp website.

www.fishcamp.tamu.edu
meggy09
AG
quote:
I'd like to lay down the maximum amount you can cover when you lose. Nothing close to that will happen.

I obviously could be wrong, but that is pretty much the university's standard response to "you effed up but didn't do anything illegal" when it chooses to get involved. Speaking from personal experience.
CiboloAg
Maybe this will be the beginning of the end for fish camp.
Talon2DSO
AG
Well, that's fine donation check I don't have to write anymore. Fish Camp is now a complete embarrassment and unworthy of being an Aggie tradition
CircleO
AG
I too am class of '03. I was there that morning and lost friends. Cut and stack are some of my best memories from college. This is bad bull.

[This message has been edited by CircleO (edited 6/27/2013 7:49p).]
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
quote:
Apology posted on the fish camp website.

www.fishcamp.tamu.edu

Same exact apology posted earlier in the thread.
Keegan99
AG
quote:
and help this misguided group

Ok, here's some "help".

Go to the Bonfire Memorial.

Read every piece of text. Stop and think. Then go to Cushing and pull up articles about the tragedy and these twelve. Think some more.

Then ponder whether your decision to take these pictures makes one damn lick of sense.

Then, after letting the weight hit you, issue true, heartfelt apologies to the families individually and the Aggie family as a whole. Don't let the director's apology on your behalf - like a father having to apologize for his dumb kids - stand alone as the only public statement on the matter.

Finally, make sure your '17 fish learn about Bonfire and the Bonfire Memorial so they don't have to suffer from the same stupidity and ignorance that you did.

There's some "help".

[This message has been edited by Keegan99 (edited 6/27/2013 7:53p).]
FightingAggie
AG
These pictures are definitely still floating around online, nobody has moved to take them off.
Jeffersons Ghost
Demosthenes81
AG
Leave the www out of the fishcamp address
http://fishcamp.tamu.edu/
DustysLineup
AG
Those air headed poses would look retarded in any setting; there it's just beyond comprehension.
sawthemoffxx
Need to see more pics of the girl on far left
Ian Neff
AG
Rage.

[This message has been edited by Ian Neff (edited 6/27/2013 8:13p).]
Mr. Penguin
AG
Vader threads
Ian Neff
AG

[This message has been edited by Ian Neff (edited 6/27/2013 8:14p).]
Decay
AG
There's enough space for everyone to stand there because nobody's hometowns were in that direction. It's the little things that get me sometimes.
Warrior Poet
AG
This just makes me really sad. They have no idea what those stones mean to some of us
ag3478
The official apology is out. I don't doubt that each counselor is writing an apology to the family and friends of the 12, but honestly unless it is required (which I think would make it seem less sincere) it won't be publicized
Ian Neff
AG
Decay, you just broke my heart with that one. Didn't know that. Make those females all the more upsetting.
stacyreeves
AG
quote:
There's enough space for everyone to stand there because nobody's hometowns were in that direction. It's the little things that get me sometimes.

Damn that's sad. Sober reminder.
Bonfire96
AG
Seeing those girls, I can see why the guys want to prey on the fish for poon
viva torrente
Jeez. Just caught up with this story. What a ****ing bunch of morons.
Keegan99
AG
quote:
The official apology is out

And again, the director (who did NOTHING wrong) sincerely apologizing for the stupidity of some of his counselors is very different than the counselors apologizing.
Ian Neff
AG
Some things are too gross to pursue.
reb,
AG
quote:
I don't blow my cover often, but this is a personal matter requiring the greatest attention.

Hmmm some 'cover'. Your name is listed on the website linked in your profile.
AGinHI
AG
quote:
We will remember them as long as their is a Texas A&M and the Aggie Spirit is alive. And that, my friends, is forever.
-Governor Rick Perry

Jeffersons Ghost
For some much needed levity, Loftin just tweeted which brings us to :

quote:
Oh this isn't even close to being done. We still need :

tweet from Loftin
tweet from Manziel
solari post
Batt article
Daily Texan article
Shag gybevo thread outrage
bikini pics of at least two girls in the photos
SEC perspective
recruiting impact

I have a bingo card if anyone wants one.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Very well put Keegan, thank you.

A Memorial is not the place for jocular ANYTHING, EVER! How someone did not pause and realize this is beyond me. I sincerely hope that lessons are learned from this.

[This message has been edited by CE Lounge Lizzard (edited 6/27/2013 8:14p).]
Keegan99
AG
We're gonna need to pick up the pace if we're gonna black out that bingo card.
AggieBQ03
JCB75Ag
AG
Wow, there are some holier than thou mofos in this thread.. That's for sure. Judgemental mofos sitting from their high horse.

This is why Aggies can have a bad reputation.
ilikewaffles!
Clearly the counselors had a lapse in judgement that took only an instant of thought which resulted in this unfortunate incident. I don’t think anyone woke up this morning and decided to go desecrate a memorial. These fish camp kids probably had no concept of the significance of this action to others. Hopefully some cool heads will prevail here and we can move forward and forgive. A lot of this thread is disgraceful in and of itself. Gig’em

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.