Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

283,906 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dude, tex. We get it. You've posted that like 5 times today
Sentinel
AG
You're an idiot texrex. Disliking a video does nothing.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Good thing the photographer didn't tell them to jump off a cliff...if all they doing was blindly following directions....
DTX_12
AG

College was such a great experience, it was so much fun for me. I consider it a real blessing that I was able to attend A&M and be involved with everything that went along with it.

Every time I went by the memorial on campus and every time I see it now I think about that and how unfair it is that there were other students who were robbed of having those same great experiences I got to have.

How someone else could go there to take funny photographs for their fish camp I will never understand. It has nothing to do with age. I am 23 and have been out of school for a year. Just makes me sad, but I dont think they need any kind of serious punishment, what goes around comes around...

[This message has been edited by DTX_12 (edited 6/27/2013 9:46p).]
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
I don't even understand why it's a thing for these so called "counselors" to take pictures with each other, like why? it's just another testament to the fact that fish camp "counselors" are so much more invested in themselves and each other that they forget about what they're actually supposed to be doing, which in turn makes "a freshman's first tradition" one that leaves a bad taste in their mouths.

They probably were planning on using them when the fishcamps start in the presentations and such if they do that kinda stuff to show traditions
Oscar Diggs
AG
Posters defending the "kids" of fish camp remind me of the posters defending Fran, a lot of excuses for poor performance and judgement.
74Ag1
AG
All of em in those pictures including the so-called councelors need to be kicked out of TAMU

Unforgivable and lack of respect for the 12 that died, their families and TAMU

Very sad
dreyOO
Consequences don't necessarily need to be school driven or even organization affiliated. There are more common sense approaches to realizing the stupidity of one's actions.

So I have a real simple suggestion on consequences. They don't owe me an apology. They owe one to the family associated with the spot of each of their photos. Make a call to those parents, tell them you lost your damn mind, beg forgiveness, then move on with your lives. Do that, and I'll respect you a bit more.
suburban cowboy
AG
Is this the longest thread in TA history?
Pierce County Ag
AG
quote:

Not even close. See Ranger65.
AggieTFA06
AG
I don't think we should expel the students involved. First, make them apologize publicly for their disgraceful actions. Then make them do something to redeem themselves such as working on bonfire remembrance activities.

To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
BradC34
AG
quote:

Not even close
Prince Akeem
quote:
None of them are 18. Fish camp doesn't start until end of July

Ummm MAnoliAg, those people in the pics are CURRENT students past their fish year. If you would bothered to read the thread then you would have saw that one leader is a senior and another member is as well.
Naked Hiker
AG
Fish camp needs a stache... I'm thinking dirty sanchez
Agsuffering@bulaw
Bunch of rooster-sucking flamers! Someone ought to curb stomp those idiots!

John Comstock was the last survivor pulled out of the bonfire. I did not know him personally, but was close with one of his family friends.

So I went with my buddy to the hospital. I sat there and watched his step-dad try to be strong for everyone else. I watched his little sister cry her head off. I saw there and suffered with a whole lot of good Aggies!

...and thankfully he pulled through, although he lost both legs and is probably still in a wheelchair.

Granted even back then fish camp counselors tended to be a little light in the loafers, but what the f---- is wrong with our University that any motherf---er would think it was ok to take the bonfire memorial lightly.

If bowtie and any of the other political pus--es in the tower have any ballz, they bring the hammer down!

I had friends get kicked out of the corps for far less sh-- than that!

I dont apologize for any of this! Go ahead and ban me! Those little punks and their perky stupid bimbos all ought to be suspended for a semester, and only reinstated until they write 12 apology letters- one to each family that lost someone!
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Ummm MAnoliAg, those people in the pics are CURRENT students past their fish year. If you would bothered to read the thread then you would have saw that one leader is a senior and another member is as well.

Which is why I said none of them are 18. They are all mostly 20-22 idiot
persona non grata
quote:
Nothing helps a lesson sink in more than consequences.

That's the kind of logic that has created a prison system where criminals are hardened rather than rehabilitated. Is it not consequence enough for them to be vilified and experience outright hatred? The more you go after them, the more they will resist you. If we want young students to appreciate bonfire, then we should educate them on it. Telling them, "Respect this, or else!" "See what happened to the last kids who didn't?" doesn't have the same effect as teaching them so they can appreciate why they should respect the memorial, and then actually understand and respect it, instead of pretending to understand and respect it.
WolfPack14
AG
I guarantee you if you asked the parents of the students who died they would not be as nearly as offended as some of you are. Yes, it's not the most appropriate place to take pictures. But asthetically speaking it is one of the nicest looking areas around campus. Not the best judgment on their part, but it should not be this big of deal.
Paradise Ag
AG
Bad bull.
wasabi1787
AG
I don't understand the people acting like 19 year-olds have the mental and emotional capacity of 10 year-olds.
PJYoung
AG
Incredible that there are people this dense.
Brick Tamland
Wolfpack, it's not that they took the pics, it's the way they went about it. They should not have acted like total buffoons and jackasses at it. Take pics next to it, fine. Plenty of us have taken pics there. However, taking pics with your ass hanging out, pretending to hump another guy, etc, is not how you take pics there.
FightingAggie
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw:

Earlier in this thread, someone who knows John (and perhaps even you) mentioned that he had begun walking recently.
thebattonline
quote:
Pretty likely the Batt will have an article and two columns in Friday's paper. If not, I am disappoint.

Batt editor here. First time posting, so bear with me.

We don't print on Friday's during the summer, but we're working on an article to go online as soon as possible.

Thanks and Gig 'Em. And if anyone wants to submit a guest column, feel free. (Shameless plug, I know.)
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Ah I see what you thought I meant. You thought I meant they are younger than 18. Your interpretation skills make you an idiot. Incoming freshmen are almost all 18, so I don't know why you would think that I thought they were younger than 18

[This message has been edited by mAgnoliAg (edited 6/27/2013 10:00p).]
Decay
AG
quote:
I guarantee you if you asked the parents of the students who died they would not be as nearly as offended as some of you are.

Then you missed the posts (in this thread) and twitter posts about family members crying and calling loved ones BECAUSE OF THE PICTURES. It's a big deal.
Charlie 31
AG
EXTREMELY Bad Bull!

Pierce County Ag
AG
quote:
I guarantee you if you asked the parents of the students who died they would not be as nearly as offended as some of you are. Yes, it's not the most appropriate place to take pictures. But asthetically speaking it is one of the nicest looking areas around campus. Not the best judgment on their part, but it should not be this big of deal.

Go back and read the whole thread.
texrex
the FC youtube channel had to disable ratings/comments because of me.

DamageDone
AG
Not surprised, sad really.
Hallowed ground to playground in three generations of Ags.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
I guarantee you if you asked the parents of the students who died they would not be as nearly as offended as some of you are.

I don't claim to speak for them. I'm just a former student expressing my personal opinion.

quote:
Yes, it's not the most appropriate place to take pictures. But asthetically speaking it is one of the nicest looking areas around campus.

So is the Administration Building, where student groups usually take their cheesy pictures.
bonfarr
AG
quote:
quote:
Pretty likely the Batt will have an article and two columns in Friday's paper. If not, I am disappoint.

Batt editor here. First time posting, so bear with me.

We don't print on Friday's during the summer, but we're working on an article to go online as soon as possible.

Thanks and Gig 'Em. And if anyone wants to submit a guest column, feel free. (Shameless plug, I know.)

Should we expect an editorial saying it is time for these Fish Camp counselors to go just like Johnny?
Agsuffering@bulaw
quote:
Earlier in this thread, someone who knows John (and perhaps even you) mentioned that he had begun walking recently.

That's really good. I never met John Comstock. Our mutual friend did not want to go to the hospital alone. Comstock, if you are reading this, way to hang in there!
Jeffersons Ghost
quote:
the FC youtube channel had to disable ratings/comments because of me.

You are the only person who cares
FunkyTownFarmer12

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.