Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2017 CrossFit Open

28,433 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by emando2000
CPAAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got 92 yesterday. Hauled butt in first two rounds and got a 3:55 tie breaker. I knew I needed a lot of time to get MU. Used all 7 minutes to get 14.
RedlineAg08
Retested. Quit at 10 minutes. 4 MUs into the 2nd round. Both hands ripped and bleeding, heart rate thru the roof and my grip was toasted. Should have rested 1 more day.
DuckDown2013
AG
Bummer. Thinking I may not retest tomorrow after all...
DuckDown2013
AG
It is fun to compare where you are at from a year ago.
I know the score submission deadline for 17.2 hasn't come yet and we have a long way to go...but last year was my first open.
I finished in 3,911th place in the Mid Atlantic Region after the whole open.
Right now I am sitting at 508th place! I will take it! I am not ever intending on making it to regionals or anything, but it is fun to see your improvement.

a little comparison:
16.1 16.2
Region: 3911 4860
World: 54897 69618

17.1 17.2
Region:2288 513
World:38322 8322
AgMarauder04
AG
YourFavAggie
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

It is fun to compare where you are at from a year ago.
I know the score submission deadline for 17.2 hasn't come yet and we have a long way to go...but last year was my first open.
I finished in 3,911th place in the Mid Atlantic Region after the whole open.
Right now I am sitting at 508th place! I will take it! I am not ever intending on making it to regionals or anything, but it is fun to see your improvement.

a little comparison:
16.1 16.2
Region: 3911 4860
World: 54897 69618

17.1 17.2
Region:2288 513
World:38322 8322

Good work!

That is the only reason I am putting my out of shape self through this h3ll right now. Hoping to stay dedicated and see some results this time next year
dc509
AG
117 RX with a 10:33 tiebreaker. I thought about retesting, but I turned 30 on Saturday, and I'm pretty sure I will be hungover for the rest of my life.
AggieHunter
AG
I went for it again this morning. Wasn't really planning to but we have a team contest going on at our gym and I'm just trying to get the most points I can for them.

Really didn't try anything different except being focused on being more efficient on the lunges. By doing that and actually being warmed up, I felt much better during the workout and afterwards as well. We'll see how I feel later though after sitting at my desk all day.

Despite feeling much better and feeling like I was more efficient, I only had a two rep improvement. I'm just hoping I continue to feel alright and didn't screw myself for recovering before the next one.
DuckDown2013
AG
Just retested.
123 RX 8:28 tie breaker.
5 rep improvement.

Had my round times sitting on a whiteboard next to my lane so I could keep ahead of my times. Improved my tiebreaker time by 1:22.
gambochaman
AG
112rx....3 reps better....still not super thrilled but I'm at peace....improved my tiebreaker by over 30 seconds
Andy07
AG
115 RX
Did it slow and took turns on the Spealler with a friend. I think I could maybe get through the 4th but have no desire to re-test.
reproag
AG
Well got my first bar MU today. Two actually before our workout. They were ugly, elbows bent on kip, but legal. Next goal is ring MU.
I will NEVER apologize for being American
dc509
AG
reproag said:

Well got my first bar MU today. Two actually before our workout. They were ugly, elbows bent on kip, but legal. Next goal is ring MU.
Hell yeah!
AgEng06
AG
Awesome, congrats man!
AggieHunter
AG
Congrats!
Oautlawag2005
AG
123rx on the 2nd try
HHH 95
AG
112 Scaled with tie-break of 9:56.

DuckDown2013
AG
3 way tie for first...
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I guess I'll add a tie break column in the morning to make it easier.
AgEng06
AG
Ok, if you guys would go put in your tiebreak time (and score for a few of you), I will rank this week's scores.
gambochaman
AG
done
DuckDown2013
AG
done.
RedlineAg08
Out of town and will have to check when i get home Thursday.
jbanda
AG
I'll be traveling this weekend to California. Going to do 17.3 in Carlsbad.
gambochaman
AG
well....21/15/9??
AgMarauder04
AG
Haven't had a good chipper in awhile.
DuckDown2013
AG
I wouldn't mind seeing a repeat of the DL/Wb/row/hspu chipper from last year.
I assume we will be moving some weight with Frazier/sager/panchik 17.3 announcement.
I'm looking forward to watching the announcement in San Antonio. And it's pretty cool that they are promoting safd and firefighters everywhere.
My non-crossfiting brother is on San Antonio Fire Department and he's not even going and dropped the ball on getting me tickets! Smh.
CoolaidWade
AG
17.3 will be announced at Alamo Crossfit in San Antonio. Owner is a San Antonio Firefighter and just a all around good guy. Really happy for him....
AgEng06
AG
MykidswillbeAgs... can you post your score here or on the spreadsheet so I can finalize 17.2?
AgEng06
AG
Oautlawag2005
AG
Well there you go...
gambochaman
AG
Hope i can get some reps at 135.....

Frazer is a freaking monster
AgEng06
AG
Yep, 135 will be my ceiling. I think I can finish that round, but that will be it unfortunately.
DuckDown2013
AG
135 is my ceiling too.
emando2000
AG
1st time to power snatch squat or whatever-tf you call it. I got to 135 but couldn't do 1. I spent too much energy warming up.
43 reps Rx

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.