Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2017 CrossFit Open

28,414 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by emando2000
gambochaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
finally...on the final try of my second attempt....I have no idea wtf they were counting but whatever...its done
DuckDown2013
AG
gambochaman said:

on a related note, I'm taking the judges course, and the thruster/C2B rep counting is owning me

Well it's like no thanks on that view. And from what I remember it was a black bar with a dark background. It was hard to tell. Hated the double under one too.
AgEng06
AG
AggieHunter said:

Hmm...Custom TexAgs Leaderboard?

I meant to respond to this the other day, but this sounds fun. I'll put together a Google sheet later today and post the link when done.
DuckDown2013
AG
Based on Dave castros recent instagram post, I'm
Guessing 17.1 is Fran with 50lb (2) DB thrusters. And those freaking suck.
AgEng06
AG
AgEng06 said:

AggieHunter said:

Hmm...Custom TexAgs Leaderboard?

I meant to respond to this the other day, but this sounds fun. I'll put together a Google sheet later today and post the link when done.
Link added in OP to make it easy to find as this thread progresses.

Also linked here: 2017 CrossFit Open_TexAgs H&F

Please let me know if there are any issues opening/editing. There shouldn't be any restrictions when you access via the link.

Just enter your username/info and score for each workout. I will add/update the ranking after each week.
jbanda
AG
Hunchback of Notre Dame?

https://instagr.am/p/BQwGh8nlJoL
CPAAg
AG
Ok guys I have signed in on the excel sheet. Looking forward to my first open.
RedlineAg08
What makes you think that?
RedlineAg08
I'm in too. Thx for setting this up. Great idea
gambochaman
AG
hunched back
So deadlifts??? Back destruction? Is 17.1 16.4??????
YourFavAggie
AG
MFbarnes
AgEng06
AG
YourFavAggie said:

MFbarnes
That was one of my jackass buddies (a poster here as well).
Rollie2002
AG
I've been doing crossfit for a little less than a year. The wife and I are both signed up. It'll be my first open, her second. Should be fun.
jbanda
AG
Double unders - see the little figure with the rope in its hands that looks like a jump rope.

Bar MU - the gargoyles are at the top of the dip.
DuckDown2013
AG
RedlineAg08 said:

I'm in too. Thx for setting this up. Great idea
Castro's hint mentioned "classics" aka a classic CF work out. Many people are getting "hunchback of notre dame" as another part of the hint, which originated in France. (aka Fran).

And he has already previously warned us that we will see Db's in increments of 50/35lbs as RX.
DuckDown2013
AG
jbanda said:

Double unders - see the little figure with the rope in its hands that looks like a jump rope.

Bar MU - the gargoyles are at the top of the dip.
I don't think you will see muscle ups until week 3 or later, but that is just my opinion. The open is a lot about inclusion. Castro doesn't want to start off with a movement like Muscle ups, Hand stand push ups, etc. in week 1. All that does is discourage people who don't have the more advanced movements yet.
DuckDown2013
AG
Out of curiosity, what are y'alls gyms doing today(2 days before the open)?
jbanda
AG
Partner WOD today. Light day tomorrow.

A. Warm Up + Mobility
B. Strict Press 5x6
C. Partners AMRAP20,
*Full round relay
12 box jump overs
10 T2B
8 Burpees
RedlineAg08
5RM Z-Press

50 cal
100 DU
40 cal
80 DU
30 cal
60 DU

400m Run
25 Burpees to Target
300m Run
20 Burpees to Target
200m RUN
15 Burpees to Target
AgEng06
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

Out of curiosity, what are y'alls gyms doing today(2 days before the open)?
I usually rest on Wed, so no workout for me today. Our gym isn't programming around the open because we have a lot of people that aren't participating and the owners want them to be able to get a good/hard workout on any day they attend.

The only change for us during this time is that Fridays are normally partner workouts, and for now the open workout will take that place.
AgEng06
AG
You guys on the Google sheet make me look like a midget...

Edit: According to Google, the average American male is 5'10" and 195 lbs.
gambochaman
AG
you're freaking light man

in
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I know. Before I started counting macros to stay lean-ish (while trying to build muscle), I ate everything I could, constantly. I still didn't gain any weight.
gambochaman
AG
that's me at 175...was stuck there for a long time and then got on a macro plan with the right ratio to put on muscle...have leaned out significantly while still gaining 10 lbs
CPAAg
AG
Before I started CF in August I was at 220. I am down to 192 and had fat testing using the water test at 14%. Don't know how I could get down to your weight. Glad I started CF, I have done an IM but I am in best shape of my life by far now.
CPAAg
AG
Today we did for time:

120 DUs
30 DB thrusters 50#
80 DUs
20 DB Thrusters
40 DUs
10 DB Thrusters

Shoulders were taxed afterwards. Hope there are no thrusters on 17.1. If so, I am in trouble.
AgEng06
AG
I don't think you could get down to my weight either, and I definitely can't get to yours.

Since I have been doing IIFYM (about a month), I have actually lost ~ 2% body fat according to my bathroom impedance scale (I know this isn't correct, but should be fairly accurate relatively). It read 7.2% this morning, but I estimate my actual bf is closer to 9-10%. I'm in better shape than I have ever been though, so I'm not really complaining, but I wouldn't mind adding 5-10 lbs.
emando2000
AG
Complete novice here. I've done less than 10 workouts and haven't even attempted some movements like muscle ups and suck at toes to bar & double unders. Just about EVERYTHING crossfit is foreign to me.

Signed up today but not really to compete. My coach was really pushing us signing up so I said what the heck. I'll give it my all but just plan on having fun with it.
DuckDown2013
AG
emando2000 said:

Complete novice here. I've done less than 10 workouts and haven't even attempted some movements like muscle ups and suck at toes to bar & double unders. Just about EVERYTHING crossfit is foreign to me.

Signed up today but not really to compete. My coach was really pushing us signing up so I said what the heck. I'll give it my all but just plan on having fun with it.
You will be thankful you signed up next year when you can compare your rankings and see how far you have improved relative to the rest of the crossfit community.
gambochaman
AG
that was me in 2015...I started crossfit about 2 weeks before the open...I signed up anyway and scaled everything....the awesome part was comparing to myself in 2016 and seeing the drastic improvement in just one year
DuckDown2013
AG
2 mile run at 7 minute pace today with a 30 minute rom wod session. looking forward to watching the live announcement tonight.
AgEng06
AG
Welcome. This is my first open as well, and I really haven't been doing CF all that long (started July 2016).
AgEng06
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

looking forward to watching the live announcement tonight.
What time is that going down?
jbanda
AG
My wife and I are completely addicted to ROMWOD. I haven't done the 45 min version though.
jbanda
AG
7 central.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.