Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2017 CrossFit Open

28,434 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by emando2000
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh, so Redline added his wife now so SHE can kick our asses too...
jbanda
gambochaman
AG
Im slowly talking myself into doing it again monday after doing some good recovery and good nutrition over the weekend
If I feel much better i probably will
Fml
RedlineAg08
Haha, I told her about the board and she wants to see how she's going to fare too. Last year y'all wrecked me in quite a few workouts. In the round of 50 I was in a bind with my back cramping and I thought "this has to go on a TexAgs, get your **** together and go!" Laughed to myself but I picked it up. I love the friendly competition of the open,m. This stuff is one of the major reasons i crossfit instead of some other form of exercise.

No way in he'll im doing it again. I spent the morning building my fence, but I'm in bed napping now.
ceatm07
So I said I was supposed to watch from the sidelines but couldnt resist. I had the equipment at home so I gave it a shot. 17:32.

I tried to use the guys technique from last night and use more back on the snatches to save my legs (I'm 6'1" 205 so burpees and jumps don't agree with my body type). I might pay for it tomorrow when I get out of bed.

I broke everything into sets of steady/quick 10s with no more than 2-5 seconds of rest between.

I don't want to do it again, but if I want it to count I'll need to drop into a box on Monday.

Good job everyone but I'm afraid it's only going to get harder. Good luck to those who still have to go.
Oautlawag2005
AG
8 short
DuckDown2013
AG
18:08 RX
I'm happy with it!
Calf stArted cramping on me halfway through set of 50 snatches so I had to stay flat footed for the rest of the workout.
emando2000
AG
210 Couldn't finish.
jbanda
AG
In other news, my weightlifting singlet came in today.
sean00
AG
165 rx. Scaled it all last year. 39 yrs old. Been crossfitting since November '15. Calves started cramping with 5 min left.

Mixed in muscle snatch after that. This workout will find the weakness. Saved my back by doing power snatch early and fried the legs. BBO are tough. Overall a hard one.
HHH 95
AG
216 scaled. This is my first Open, and I was on the fence of doing Rx or scaled. My 43-year old knees convinced me to do it scaled. But now I wonder what if...
MykidswillbeAgs
Been doing CrossFit for 2.5 years...this is my first open..40-45 Masters...17:40 scaled...my only goal is to finish
OutdoorAg
AG
I'm doing it Monday. I'm almost 43 and have been doing crossfit for 2 years. My brain is telling me to do scaled but I still haven't made up my mind. Which is better, do scaled and possibly finish, or RX and not come close to it?
RedlineAg08
the last place Rx is ranked higher than the 1st place scaled. For that reason, I say do Rx if you're capable.
jbanda
AG
Agreed.
jbanda
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BQ69HdngZ6z
RedlineAg08
Wife did 15:39 and tells me as soon as she finishes "I told you you were slacking" haha
AgEng06
AG
RedlineAg08 said:

the last place Rx is ranked higher than the 1st place scaled. For that reason, I say do Rx if you're capable.

This. Also, due to my schedule I'm probably only going to get to do each workout once. I don't want to scale and wonder what if I had done Rx (unless it's a weight I just can't lift).
jthonen
AG
172 RX. Thought I could do a little better than that. GD BBJOs really got me as expected. Whoever said earlier that this one exposes weaknesses was right on. My poor conditioning was very apparent less than 10 minutes in when my lungs were burning. The 44 year old back held up surprisingly.
CPAAg
AG
Just finished 17.1. Got 215. No way I do that again and beat time cap. That was rough.
CPAAg
AG
Rx'd 17.1.
CoolaidWade
AG
My wife got 19:09 rx.

I'm still pondering whether to do it after shoulder surgery a year ago. I'm recovered but ready for that one? Workouts like that are right up my alley... I think I have to beat my wife.
dc509
AG
Retested and got 17:09 RX.
RedlineAg08
Nice!

I'm hoping to retest tomorrow but I'm still sore as **** right now.

Edit: don't know where the cry face came from.
gambochaman
AG
Im in the same boat
Definitely want to retest but my back is still screaming
RedlineAg08
Retested 15:55 Rx.

OutdoorAg
AG
Did the workout this morning.

Scaled 192 reps.

I'm 42 and realize that I'll never sniff the regionals. My knees told me to just do the scaled version. It still kicked my butt.
dc509
AG
That's what I'm talking about!
AgEng06
AG
All of our guys that finished Rx were in the 18:00+ range, except one guy. He put up a 15:36.
Andy07
AG
Did it yesterday for a 18:50 RX. I'm happy my back didn't lock up as it's the first WOD I've done in months. Definitely helps that I can just jump over the box. I think I could do it faster on a retest but have no desire to.
jbanda
AG
Well revisiting the Dave Castro clue, you look like one of those gargoyles at the top of the box and everyone had a hunched back.
gambochaman
AG
18:02 rx on the redo
Felt loads better today faux yeah!
RedlineAg08
I think Muscle Ups and double unders are next.
jbanda
AG
Hopefully bar MU but I'm not getting my hopes up.
AgEng06
AG
jbanda said:

Hopefully bar MU but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I'd actually prefer ring MUs. Bar MUs always end up tearing my hands, and are harder for me. I can usually string 3-5 rings together.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.