Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2017 CrossFit Open

28,405 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by emando2000
AggieChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every single person in my 5:30 class hit the time cap, whether RX or scaled.

One guy got to 200.

Of course, we're all regular guys, not gym rats.
AgEng06
AG
There were 8 of us this morning, but only 3 doing Rx. One finished in 18.xx, one hit 224, and I hit 188.
jbanda
AG
The 17.1 romwod is up. WARNING: The host is in frame and talks the ENTIRE TIME.
jbanda
AG
Great strategy 17.1 video.

gambochaman
AG
DAMMIT
RedlineAg08
We had a guy finish in 14:30, 15:40, a girl at 16:50, me at 17:21. All Rx. Everyone else didn't finish.

All the good people go tonight I think.
CPAAg
AG
We did 17.1 as warm up for tomorrow official workout. I did scaled and only through full round of 30. 8:18 at that point but was just getting started. The pain is after that. Official WOD tomorrow will be RX. Hoping to beat time cap.
gambochaman
AG
RedlineAg08 said:

We had a guy finish in 14:30, 15:40, a girl at 16:50, me at 17:21. All Rx. Everyone else didn't finish.

damn..this was the bad people? you got game level athletes in your box?
AgEng06
AG
If you guys want, you can enter your scores into the sheet and I will go in after the week is over and format them all the same if necessary. Or I can enter them as they are posted here.

And AC, get your ass on the spreadsheet!
RedlineAg08
A couple regional and master levels but this wasn't any of those.. normal people that workout once a day at 5am and then go to work. The guy that did 14:30 is just a cardio machine. 160lbs. I think he did Murph in like 36 minutes last year, Rx straight thru. His wife put up the 16:50 lol.

think we're going to be surprised with the scores of these games athletes once they have a day or so to gameplan.
AgEng06
AG
Vid won't play for me. What was it?
dc509
AG
RedlineAg08 said:

That's is impressive. Any strategy advice?
AgEng06
AG
One strategy I've seen that we didn't do this morning is to put your DB beside the box, rather than on one side in the direction you are jumping. If you start on the DB side of the box, you always have to walk back around to it after the burpee sets. Putting it beside the box saves a little time.
jbanda
AG
182 Rx. It kicked the ever loving crap out of me. It was all BBJO. All lungs.
jbanda
AG
"

Copy and paste I guess.
AgEng06
AG
jbanda said:

"

Copy and paste I guess.
The URL has "m-i-l-f" in it, so TA is censoring it.
jbanda
AG
Ok search wod prep 17.1.
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I got it to work. Pretty decent strategy I think.
jthonen
AG
My goal on this one is simply to finish RX at or around the time cap. I'm not so worried about the weight as I am about picking my 230+ lb azz off the mat 75 times. Here's my time rationalization for trying to finish and not go out too fast and redline. Time allocation for 15 BBJs at a relative comfortable pace - 2:30 min per round. Time allocation per 10 DB snatches - 30 seconds, 20 DB snatches - 1 min, 30 DB snatches - 1:30 min, etc.
Round 1 goal - 3:00 minute mark
Round 2 goal - 6:30 min mark
Round 3 goal - 10:30 min mark
Round 4 goal - 15:00 min mark
Round 5 goal - 20 min cap
Obviously, rounds 1 and 2 will be faster but 4 and 5 could be slower. Hopefully this gives me a fighting chance of finishing if my lower back doesn't light up like a Christmas tree.
emando2000
AG
what is BBJO? Sorry, I'm new to crossfit and don't know all the acronyms.
jbanda
AG
BBJO=burpee box jump over

I finished the round of 30 at 10:30.
AgEng06
AG
I don't remember my exact splits, but they were around 1:30, 4:xx, 10:xx, 17:xx, 20:00 cap. I think you will find you are moving pretty slow to hit 3:00 in the first split, so that one will be faster. But that's ok, because the set of 50/15 is going to take a while.
jbanda
AG
Agreed. After the round of 30, I was like "I have plenty of time to finish" and then it proceeded to "BTHO" me as they say.
gambochaman
AG
The thing is after the round of 30 you still have HALF THE FREAKING WORKOUT TO DO
jbanda
AG
It's way more than half left.
DuckDown2013
AG
nice job, Redline! I think my goal is to finish at this point, but we will see.
DuckDown2013
AG
redline- out of curiosity, what was your final overall place last year?
AgMarauder04
AG
gambochaman said:

The thing is after the round of 30 you still have HALF THE FREAKING WORKOUT TO DO
You're 40% done at that point.
DuckDown2013
AG
Jthonen- find the google doc link in this thread so you can compare yourself with all of us throughout the open.
AgEng06
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

Jthonen- find the google doc link in this thread so you can compare yourself with all of us throughout the open.
This. I put it in the OP as well so it's easy to find.
gambochaman
AG
19:21rx
I dont feel so good
AgEng06
AG
Nice work man. Any Rx under the cap in this one is an accomplishment.
gambochaman
AG
It hurt like a mother
The last set of burpees took my full brain power to finish....I had nothing left physically
RedlineAg08
I think I was too 12% last year, but can't remember. I'll look it up later and post. My goal is top 10% this year.

Strategy: Your back goes before your quads do so use your legs to snatch as long as you can (thru the round of 30) because once you get tired you're going to use more of your lower back and once it starts to cramp you're screwed. Slow and steady the whole time. Don't set the weight down and come up to rest or at least minimize it bc that's where you're going to waste most of your time.

The BBJO, you have to step up from the ground the whole time. Don't pop up and stay slow and consistent. You don't want your heart rate to elevate during those.
gambochaman
AG
I thought that would be the case but my killer was my mid section.....not feeling 100% today so the whole time I was fighting nausea which made breathing a big chore

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.