Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2017 CrossFit Open

28,423 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by emando2000
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
160 Scaled.
AgEng06
AG
I got dc509 and Htownag10 added and the rankings updated. Let me know if anyone else wants to jump in.
dc509
AG
Just noticed the right side. I'm 29 (30 tomorrow) 5'10'' 165 South Central. Don't worry about adding that if it's any trouble.
AgEng06
AG
You should be able to add that part if you want. If not let me know because I want to fix it.
jbanda
AG
88rx. 10 MU. I'm just fine with this score. I completely underestimated the lunge. Absolutely awful IMO.

dc509
AG
Done. Thanks for setting all of that up. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone does this week.
AgEng06
AG
I feel ya. I didn't expect the lunges to be that bad. I was pretty gassed when I got to the MUs.

I'm doing it again at 4:30 today because it's my only chance to retest. I will probably die. Haha.
AgEng06
AG
WODPrep video for 17.2:

jbanda
AG
I'd be interested to see if doing this in lifters made it better. I could see it adding to stability on the lunge.
dc509
AG
Twice in one day is hardcore.

I actually find doing lunges in lifters to be almost more difficult.
DuckDown2013
AG
I'm doing it tonight and plan on using lifters for sure. They are a little heavier but I want the stability.
emando2000
AG
What are lifters?
gambochaman
AG
109 rx
failed a couple of muscleups
Definitely doing that again on monday.....it did not suck
jbanda
AG
Only the best GD shoes you'll ever own!

http://www.catalystathletics.com/article/2037/Switching-to-Weightlifting-Shoes-Why-You-Should-What-to-Exp/
DuckDown2013
AG
I want some of the nobull lifters but I can never justify spending that much on a pair of shoes. I got mine at a reebok outlet for like $40.
AgEng06
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

I want some of the nobull lifters but I can never justify spending that much on a pair of shoes. I got mine at a reebok outlet for like $40.
Man, those are pretty fuggin' BRO...

https://www.nobullproject.com/products/lifter-mens
jbanda
AG
17.2 romwod is up. For those of you that don't like the usual dude, there's a special surprise in store for ya.
gambochaman
AG
A sexy bendy crossfit chick??
jbanda
DuckDown2013
AG
I'm ready to get "swole and flexy".
Oautlawag2005
AG
https://thetrainingplan.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CFGOpen2017-TTPMembersManual17.2.pdf

He usually puts up a video going thru the manual as well.
Oautlawag2005
AG
119rx. Triceps killed me on the muscle ups.
AgEng06
AG
86 Rx the second time. I'm done.

And tore my hands. Dammit.
sean00
AG
190 scaled
DuckDown2013
AG
118 RX
Calves cramped again...
emando2000
AG
emando2000 said:

That was tough! I've never attempted muscle ups so I could not get one. My score was 78 (6:57 tiebreaker whatever hat means). I'm just a beginner so even TTB are a challenge. I still cannot kip.

Retested today with 78 again (6:24 tiebreaker)
I had 4 min left to do 1 muscle up & couldnt.
DuckDown2013
AG
I rested db's on my shoulder and gripped them lightly- rested at the end of 25 feet very briefly.
I went 8-4-4 on first round of toes to bar and 6-5-5 on the second round.
Did singles on all my muscle ups.

My grip was never actually worn out so I think I paced it just right. If I pick up the pace a little bit I think I have a shot at finishing 4th round. I didn't even Attempt to string any together in hopes of saving my grip but since it never "went" I can maybe string some together on the first round.
If I'm feeling good Monday I may test again.
YourFavAggie
AG
Ripped the heck out of my hands, but got my first muscle up. Workout wasn't great cuz I wore myself out getting the MU, but very please with the day either way.

Big accomplishment for me as I travel every week and 90 percent of my hotel gyms don't have a true pull up bar
BoxingAg84
YourFavAggie said:

Ripped the heck out of my hands, but got my first muscle up. Workout wasn't great cuz I wore myself out getting the MU, but very please with the day either way.

Big accomplishment for me as I travel every week and 90 percent of my hotel gyms don't have a true pull up bar
Humble brag....
RedlineAg08
That's awesome. Congrats
AgEng06
AG
Awesome work. That's what this is all about.

While I had done a few bar MUs before, I wouldn't say I "had" them. Doing it for the second time yesterday, I was able to string 3 and then 2 together and figure out how to actually do them. That was a big accomplishment for me and made the workout worth it.
reproag
AG
78 reps Rx w 5:00 tie breaker. Still no MU but getting very close. Plan to work on them and be ready for 2018
I will NEVER apologize for being American
jthonen
AG
Quote:

78 reps Rx w 5:00 tie breaker. Still no MU but getting very close. Plan to work on them and be ready for 2018

As of this morning I too am a member of the dreaded 78 club. Two plus minutes left and I couldn't bang out at least one muscle up. 78 reps Rx, tiebreak - 8:18. After two weeks, my list of things to work on is starting to take shape.
RedlineAg08
Wife got 112 reps Rx this morning.
txaggie05
AG
Part of the 78 reps Rx club. Tie break was 9:03. Got through the last set of lunges but didn't have time to get to the bar to try for a MU. The lunges ate my lunch...50# was a lot for me and I couldn't find another way to grip them aside from standard front rack with one end on my shoulder because of my crappy shoulder & wrist mobility.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.