Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2017 CrossFit Open

28,412 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by emando2000
htownag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I'm going to get stuck at 185. I haven't snatched that much in over a year since I dislocated my knee
jbanda
AG
185 is my 1rm max. Hoping to get there
OutdoorAg
AG
Well, I don't really like this workout. I can't do chest to bars, so I'm stuck doing the scaled. I'm 42 and the scaled workout is ridiculously easy. Jumping chin over the bars, and the squat snatch starts out at 45!
kyleolsenreed
AG
Got 65 reps. Gonna try again Saturday to see if I can finish that round and hit at least one snatch at 185.
dc509
AG
This one is going to suck. I'm doing it tomorrow at noon, and heading to Napa Valley until next week.
jbanda
AG
Just arrived in San Diego after spending the afternoon in San Fran. It's like a completely different country.
RedlineAg08
My back locked up sitting in a chair yesterday. Been out of town for work, barely working out, so not real sure why my hamstring is so knotted up.

Laying on the floor of my gym trying to loosen up enough to go. May try again this afternoon.

My goal is to get thru 185 and at least snatch pull 225 once. That's a tall goal tho based on what I've watched this morning.
AggieChemist
AG
46 scaled. That was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

(Didn't help that my coach thought we all needed to warm up with about 40 light snatches to start)
AgEng06
AG
43 reps Rx. So pissed off. I don't know why I couldn't get it together on 135. Probably won't have a chance to retest either.
AgMarauder04
AG
136 Scaled.

I don't care. I'm ok with that number.
DuckDown2013
AG
Doing it tonight and not looking forward to it. I haven't squat snatched in a very long time. And at 6'2" and 177 lbs, this workout is not even close to being in my wheel house. Oh well, I'll know what I need to work on after tonight.
dc509
AG
AgEng06 said:

43 reps Rx. So pissed off. I don't know why I couldn't get it together on 135. Probably won't have a chance to retest either.
This is my concern. 135 is just enough of a snatch that it could decide to give me trouble, and I won't be able to redo it.
sean00
AG
23:53 Scaled

Sum fuggly snatch squats but got them up and down and up!

Was surprised I finished.
DuckDown2013
AG
I'm good with the 135 on snatch, but catching it in a squat is a different ball game.
AgEng06
AG
This is me too. I can power snatch 135, but the squat gets me.
gambochaman
AG
55 rx
Surprised myself
It was a struggle with 135 and had a few no reps but i completed it with enough time to do the 7 c2b
Will definitelt get more monday
DuckDown2013
AG
nice work!
jbanda
AG
50rx. Super disappointed. I'm on no sleep though. This is the only open wod I really want to do again.
RedlineAg08
93 RX

Finished the 2nd round in 6:19 and died doing 185 haha
DuckDown2013
AG
56 RX. 4:00 tie breaker.
I'm definitely going to retest. Went out slow thinking I would have more problems with 135 than I did.
dc509
AG
70 Rx with a 2:52 tie breaker. That was nasty.
dc509
AG
I feel you. That adds a lot to it.

Edit: ignore the emoji please. My thumb accidentally hit that one.
Bennettag06
AG
69 reps RX.

Bummed that I was 3 reps shy of time extension. Last round of 7 C2B and my motor gave out.

To retest or not to retest ... only time will tell.
htownag10
AG
67 Rx. That 8 mins goes by so fast. Didn't miss any of my snatches so idk where I lost time. Not doing butterfly doesn't help either. Retesting Sunday morning
HHH 95
AG
167 Scaled. My one rep max for squat snatch was/is 135. Happy to have gotten 3 of them at the 18-19 minute timeframe.
jthonen
AG
44 Rx. Could only get one of those 135s.
AgEng06
AG
Just retested at 44 reps. My first time to hit 135. I'm happy with that.
YourFavAggie
AG
Very similar situation for me. Unfortunately unable to retest though
RedlineAg08
Anyone retesting today? It crossed my mind and I quickly shut it down as soon as my hands hit the pull-up bar. So tender.
jbanda
AG
Quite possibly this afternoon. We'll see how I feel after work.
OutdoorAg
AG
108 scaled. I was pretty disappointed. I can't do chest to bars, but I thought I would blow through the jumping pull-ups. They took a lot more out of me than I thought. Oh well. On to 17.4.
jbanda
AG
Sidebar: anyone doing the northwest houston open weightlifting meet this On April 8? I'm thinking of participating. It'll be my first oly meet.
DuckDown2013
AG
Just retested.
71RX 3:04 tie breaker. A nice improvement form my original score. The lightbulb kinda clicked for me on the squat snatches too, so I was happy with it.
but friggin' 1 rep short of getting to 185 round!
DuckDown2013
AG
Also- I haven't ripped in 8 weeks. I started taking care of my hands with the wod welder hand care kit and it has made a huge difference.
Wod Welder Kit
gambochaman
AG
59rx
4 more reps
Very happy with that

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.