Houston
Sponsored by

***HLSR 2023***

67,503 Views | 752 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Jugstore Cowboy
Dr. Horrible
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TXAG 05 said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

the reality is season ticket holders control a big majority of the 100 and 300s. I am one of the earliest to access tickets and there was nothing on 100 or 300 for me either.

This. They don't advertise it, but most of the stadium is sold out before they ever go on sale. You might get some singles in the 100s or club level, but if you want at least a pair, you are only going to get 500s or 600s.
And as a season ticket holder, it's usually even a bloodbath to try and get more or upgraded season tickets. Sometimes people have season tickets for years before they actually get upgraded to the place they want to be.
reedsterg
AG
Has anyone ever sat in the Chairman's Club (700s) at the rodeo? The view has got to be pretty terrible. I think there is food and open bar which would be about the only redeeming factor.
digging tunnels
AG
I've been up to the Director's club, which is opposite side. Yes it's high up there but the food is great and the free premium liquor makes it well worth it
agnerd
AG
12Power said:

It's a scalpers world. I got in the AXS app waiting room for a show this afternoon the second it opened. 15 minutes after tickets went on sale I got my turn. How many? 2 OOPS! No tickets available. After several futile. attempts, I started doing 1. It won't let you buy but 1 at a time. AARRRGGGHHH!

Go to stubhub and it was saturated with tickets for double the face plus they add $20 per ticket. No thanks.

"Sorry son, maybe next time". Probably not as I am just done with this entertainment scam.

Vent over.

I get season tickets every year and sell what I don't want. So I'll let you in on my observations:

1. I get the most money for a ticket 30 days out. DO NOT buy tickets 30 days out unless you have a huge group that wants to sit together and there's limited availability.

2. Only buy on axs.com. Fees are minimal compared to everywhere else. And since it's easiest for the sellers, that's where most of the tickets are sold.

3. AXS won't allow you to list tickets below face value. If there are tickets available at face value on axs, hit up social media/texags and see if anybody will give you a deal. I've had tickets that didn't sell that I couldn't even give away. (only works for the less popular acts)

FYI, there are pairs as low as $35 available for Turnpike right now. $85 including all fees for the pair.
TXAG 05
AG
12Power said:

It's a scalpers world. I got in the AXS app waiting room for a show this afternoon the second it opened. 15 minutes after tickets went on sale I got my turn. How many? 2 OOPS! No tickets available. After several futile. attempts, I started doing 1. It won't let you buy but 1 at a time. AARRRGGGHHH!

Go to stubhub and it was saturated with tickets for double the face plus they add $20 per ticket. No thanks.

"Sorry son, maybe next time". Probably not as I am just done with this entertainment scam.

Vent over.

What show are you wanting? I have season tickets and if it's a show I'm not using, I'll sell them to you for face value
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
agnerd said:

12Power said:

Vent over.

I get season tickets every year and sell what I don't want. So I'll let you in on my observations:

1. I get the most money for a ticket 30 days out. DO NOT buy tickets 30 days out unless you have a huge group that wants to sit together and there's limited availability.

2. Only buy on axs.com. Fees are minimal compared to everywhere else. And since it's easiest for the sellers, that's where most of the tickets are sold.

3. AXS won't allow you to list tickets below face value. If there are tickets available at face value on axs, hit up social media/texags and see if anybody will give you a deal. I've had tickets that didn't sell that I couldn't even give away. (only works for the less popular acts)

FYI, there are pairs as low as $35 available for Turnpike right now. $85 including all fees for the pair.
great advice

also, day of you can get tickets at the ticket office
maroon10
AG
What's the schedule looking like for Saturday cook-off?
TXAG 05
AG
maroon10 said:

What's the schedule looking like for Saturday cook-off?

You mean the concerts? Hasn't been announced yet. Creager and Fowler are playing Friday night though.
Panama Red
AG
March 8 will be a great day to go.

Quote:

For the first time ever, guests will get to experience the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo for free for one day only. This week, rodeo officials announced a new Community Day, which will offer free admission to the rodeo groundswhich includes the entrance to the carnival, livestock show and all attractions inside NRG Center and NRG arenafor all visitors until noon on Wednesday, March 8.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/houston-rodeo-community-day-free-17738397.php
WES2006AG
AG
Panama Red said:

Quote:

For the first time ever, guests will get to experience the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo for free for one day only. This week, rodeo officials announced a new Community Day, which will offer free admission to the rodeo groundswhich includes the entrance to the carnival, livestock show and all attractions inside NRG Center and NRG arenafor all visitors until noon on Wednesday, March 8.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/houston-rodeo-community-day-free-17738397.php
Glad they announced early which day to avoid at all costs.
bigjag19
AG
Came for this.

1 dead minimum.
The Wonderer
AG
Panama Red said:

Quote:

****. I'm working committee this day.
TXAG 05
AG
Whoever came up with this idea must not have been there that night about 5-6 years ago when the ticket system went down and they let everyone in for free for about an hour. Complete ****show is putting it nicely.
AustinCountyAg
l o ****ing l at a free day. start saying your prayers now
Cromagnum
AG
Anyone done the Rodeo Uncorked event before? My buddy's wife is on the committee and they invited is to go, but at $250 a ticket I wasn't sure how good it typically is.
bigjag19
AG
Cromagnum said:

Anyone done the Rodeo Uncorked event before? My buddy's wife is on the committee and they invited is to go, but at $250 a ticket I wasn't sure how good it typically is.

It's not that price good. But charity or something.
digging tunnels
AG
$250???? Usually like $165. Guessing that's part of a table package group or something. I'd check the HLSR website for just a single ticket

But it is a great event. Unlimited free bites from various good restaurants around town. Each restaurant gives a small bite of something off their menu. Few hundred restaurants there. In addition, all the 100s of wines you can sample as well. All of this done in a 3 hr time

KaneIsAble
AG
If you had the Cody Johnson tickets (4 ea) I'd be in.

TXAG 05
AG
KaneIsAble said:

If you had the Cody Johnson tickets (4 ea) I'd be in.

I'm keeping those, sorry.
The Wonderer
AG
Lackluster Hideout lineup
Dr. Horrible
digging tunnels said:

$250???? Usually like $165. Guessing that's part of a table package group or something. I'd check the HLSR website for just a single ticket

But it is a great event. Unlimited free bites from various good restaurants around town. Each restaurant gives a small bite of something off their menu. Few hundred restaurants there. In addition, all the 100s of wines you can sample as well. All of this done in a 3 hr time

I think $250 are the vip tickets that get you in like an hour before everyone else and premium wine on your table.

That said, we stopped going years ago. Just not worth it for the crowd. Way better ways I can spend that money at rodeo and enjoy it more.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Lackluster Hideout lineup
No kidding. I'm either getting old and no longer recognize up and comers or that line up sucks. I remember when there would be a handful of bands I love on this line up.
Chewy
AG
Saw the lineup and wondered who these people are.

The only one I recognized is that guy playing the second Tuesday from all his memes. Didn't know he sang too.
AustinCountyAg
Bubba Wesley played at the daiquiri to go place in Bellville a few months ago. He was loading in when I was picking up my margs. Would love to know who he has dirt on to get the hideout gig.
RK
AG
Jesse Raub Jr is pretty good.
TXAG 05
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Bubba Wesley played at the daiquiri to go place in Bellville a few months ago. He was loading in when I was picking up my margs. Would love to know who he has dirt on to get the hideout gig.

Judging by the lineup, it looks like they were taking anyone they can get.

I've heard of Jesse Raub, he's written some of Cody Johnson's songs. Texas Renegade has been around for a long time, didn't know they were still playing.

Haven't been in the hideout in years, so not really worried about it.
Ag_07
AG
I've been in The Hideout once in the past few years and don't plan to go back.

They've made a shift away from the good live country music and it's now just basically a club for the younger crowd. It's not the Hideout of old.

This lineup doesn't surprise me.
The Wonderer
AG
Ag_07 said:

They've made a shift away from the good live country music and it's now just basically a club for the younger crowd. It's not the Hideout of old.

The Eli Young Band played last year and there were more olds than youngins at that show. The few other times I've popped in, it's been nothing close to the Hideout of old.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Ag_07 said:

Folks on TexAgs were *****ing about the Hideout lineup 15 years ago. It's funny to look back at those lineups at the time and all the belly aching about them.
bigjag19
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Ag_07 said:

Folks on TexAgs were *****ing about the Hideout lineup 15 years ago. It's funny to look back at those lineups at the time and all the belly aching about them.

The last true hideout was in the Dome.
AustinCountyAg
here is the hidout lineup from 2008....

Trent Willmon, Katie Armiger, Walt Wilkins, Todd Fritsch, Sonny Burgess, Jamie Richards, Owen Temple, Billy Joe Shaver, Granger Smith, Tommy Alverson, Zona Jones, Rodney Hyden, Doug Moreland, Kyle Park, Jason Allen, Jarrod Birmginham, Johnny Bush

Ducks4brkfast
AG
bigjag19 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Ag_07 said:

The last true hideout was in the Dome.
Right. Which was 15 years ago, 2008, that I was referring to.
bigjag19
AG
Was the dome used for anything post September 2005?

It's a very key date.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
memory hazy but i thought last dome show was 08.
TXAG 05
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

memory hazy but i thought last dome show was 08.

That sounds right. Was thinking it was either 07/08

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.