Houston
Sponsored by

***HLSR 2023***

66,839 Views | 752 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Jugstore Cowboy
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Hideout really has changed. No more Leroy Parnell? No more Johnny Bush? Are you kidding me? Now it's all bands I don't know and haven't been listening to for years.

And it's like they don't even try to draw in attractive older women for me to dance with and drunkenly hit on, now it's mostly attractive younger women who probably aren't interested in me at all. And my friends want to leave early. Whoever's in charge of this needs to get their act together.
BohunkAg
AG
Microwave Onions said:

The Hideout really has changed. No more Leroy Parnell? No more Johnny Bush? Are you kidding me? Now it's all bands I don't know and haven't been listening to for years.

And it's like they don't even try to draw in attractive older women for me to dance with and drunkenly hit on, now it's mostly attractive younger women who probably aren't interested in me at all. And my friends want to leave early. Whoever's in charge of this needs to get their act together.
That made me chuckle.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Microwave Onions said:

theyre all in the wine garden getting wined, dined so the can get ready to be 69'ed
cajunaggie08
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

here is the hidout lineup from 2008....

Trent Willmon, Katie Armiger, Walt Wilkins, Todd Fritsch, Sonny Burgess, Jamie Richards, Owen Temple, Billy Joe Shaver, Granger Smith, Tommy Alverson, Zona Jones, Rodney Hyden, Doug Moreland, Kyle Park, Jason Allen, Jarrod Birmginham, Johnny Bush

I dont know who any of those people are outside of Granger Smith and I only know of him because of his cheesy A&M song that they played at Kyle Field 15 years ago.
AustinCountyAg
then I'd probably refrain from chiming in on any subject around country music if I were you
BohunkAg
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Microwave Onions said:

theyre all in the wine garden getting wined, dined so the can get ready to be 69'ed
We are going to be in Houston one of the weekends of the rodeo. That's how I sold going to my old lady...."they've got a great wine garden." She was all in after that.
cajunaggie08
AG
But I'm your stereotypical Houstonian that only goes to the rodeo to play cowboy.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
BohunkAg said:

Microwave Onions said:

We are going to be in Houston one of the weekends of the rodeo. That's how I sold going to my old lady...."they've got a great wine garden." She was all in after that.
If it is March 11th, come by the Poultry Auction in the NRG arena. I will buy yall a drink.
TXAG 05
AG
maroon10 said:

What's the schedule looking like for Saturday cook-off?

William Clark Green and Reckless Kelly
BohunkAg
AG
TXAG 05 said:

maroon10 said:

Isn't Reckless about to stop touring?
The Wonderer
AG
BohunkAg said:

TXAG 05 said:

maroon10 said:

in 2025
digging tunnels
AG
Sweet!!! I love me some William Clark Green!
Dr. Horrible

BohunkAg said:

Microwave Onions said:

If it is March 11th, come by the Poultry Auction in the NRG arena. I will buy yall a drink.
And if you let FWA buy you enough drinks, you might end up buying a chicken and then he will buy you dinner and more drinks a year from today too.
Irish 2.0
Dr. Horrible said:

BohunkAg said:

Microwave Onions said:

And if you let FWA buy you enough drinks, you might end up buying a chicken and then he will buy you dinner and more drinks a year from today too.

Dr. Horrible
Irish 2.0 said:

Dr. Horrible said:

BohunkAg said:

Microwave Onions said:

I think I've been caught in that circle for over 10 years now…
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The Wonderer said:

BohunkAg said:

TXAG 05 said:

maroon10 said:

in 2025
I always wonder how bands pick a date like that. "Hey guys, I don't like being around yall anymore, so let's do this for like two more years."
AustinCountyAg
Microwave Onions said:

The Wonderer said:

BohunkAg said:

TXAG 05 said:

maroon10 said:

in 2025
I always wonder how bands pick a date like that. "Hey guys, I don't like being around yall anymore, so let's do this for like two more years."

A lot of gigs can be booked out a year or so in advanced. They also mentioned they want to give fans ample amount of time to catch shows. If they say they are done in a year that means they may only come through your town once to catch a show and fans could miss it. Now they have more chances to see reckless without it having to be a large rush
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

BohunkAg said:

Microwave Onions said:

were you there Saturday? I cant remember....
Dr. Horrible
Is that because you don't remember much of the night at all?

But yes, only saw you from a distance though.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Is that because you don't remember much of the night at all?

But yes, only saw you from a distance though.
No, its bc we had 500 people there lol
Dr. Horrible
That's it? Felt like more. Maybe those damn party crashers…
Ducks4brkfast
AG
We're soon to be honoring FWA's uncle. That'll be a party.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
see yall sundee
Dolphin Roper
AG
Anyone part of the Grand Entry Committee that wouldn't mind me reaching out with a question?
TXAG 05
AG
Dolphin Roper said:

Anyone part of the Grand Entry Committee that wouldn't mind me reaching out with a question?

I'm not, but have a bunch of friends that are
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Can one of you rodeo insiders explain what happened to the acceptance of the term "rodeo clown?"

The HLSR email about the parade grand marshall says "Barrelman Leon Coffee will help kick off the 2023 Rodeo by serving as grand marshal of the Downtown Rodeo Parade, which takes place Saturday, Feb. 25 at 10 a.m. This year, Coffee celebrates his 30th year as Barrelman and friend of the Rodeo, so he is the perfect choice for this honor!"

I had to search his name to find out what a barrelman is. Even at a junior rodeo out in the sticks, I noticed the announcer kept calling them "bullfighters." Anything but "clown," I suppose. "Bandy the Rodeo Barrelman slash Bullfighter" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
redag06
You are just realizing the world has gone mad? Yes....even the rodeo.
RK
AG
Some guy named Darrel, hid in' in a barrel…
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
redag06 said:

You are just realizing the world has gone mad?
Yes, that's it. I've always been pretty sheltered, naive, and even downright pollyannaish. Just starting to wake up and get red pilled, bro.

Or maybe I was asking a rodeo question after reading an email from HLSR. There's probably a ****load of other rodeo terminology I don't know.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I've heard the term barrel man forever. It's always been interchangeable with rodeo clown. Not all rodeo clowns are barrel men.
Al Bula
AG

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Guess I never paid that much attention to the announcers. Though the stands are as close as I've ever gotten to the ol' rodeo circuit, growing up on the dusty red dirt roads of Houston.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
A quick search through Bowlegged Magazine shows the rodeo used the term barrel men in 2011.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Thanks. I have a small stack of those that I always intended to read sometime.
Al Bula
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

A quick search through Bowlegged Magazine shows the rodeo used the term barrel men in 2011.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.