Houston
Sponsored by

***HLSR 2023***

66,736 Views | 752 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Jugstore Cowboy
The Wonderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

I've heard the term barrel man forever. It's always been interchangeable with rodeo clown. Not all rodeo clowns are barrel men.
This. All barrel men are rodeo clowns, but not all rodeo clowns are barrel men.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
One week away from the unofficial kickoff to cookoff. Who has extra wristbands?
Irish 2.0
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Wristbands?

lolpoors w/o badges!
digging tunnels
AG

Bok bok bok bok bok
maroon10
AG
Going Saturday night, how's the Uber situation getting out of there?
Al Bula
AG
maroon10 said:

surprisingly good. Got an Uber notification today for code #nosurge to avoid surge times.
TXAG 05
AG
maroon10 said:

Good luck.
David_Puddy
AG
maroon10 said:

Should be fine. In and out with relative ease
Irish 2.0
maroon10 said:

Take the rail to downtown and get your uber there. You may think that would take longer, but it doesn't. Also, you could carry $50-100 cash with you to bribe one of the uber drivers in line to take you home and cancel their existing ride request.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Anyone selling carnival tickets? Don't mind buying from an Ag.

~egon
jc1402
AG
When do they typically announce this? I'm usually pretty good at googling, but I can't find anything about cook off performers online for this year. The official website just says generic stuff.
TXAG 05
AG
jc1402 said:

When do they typically announce this? I'm usually pretty good at googling, but I can't find anything about cook off performers online for this year. The official website just says generic stuff.

It's on the cookoff page of the website.

Thursday, Feb. 23
6:15 p.m. - DJ DU
7:15 to 8:45 p.m. - Chad Cooke Band
9:15 to 10:45 p.m. - Randall King

Friday, Feb. 24
3:30 p.m. - DJ DU
4:30 to 5:45 p.m. - Coffey Anderson
5 to 6:30 p.m. - Jon Stork
7:15 to 10:45 p.m. - Dos Borrachos feat. Kevin Fowler/Roger Creager

Saturday, Feb. 25
11:30 a.m. - DJ DU
Noon to 1:30 p.m. - Junior Gordon
2 to 3:30 p.m. - Kin Faux
4 to 5:30 p.m. - Stephanie Urbina Jones & The Honky Tonk Mariachi
7 p.m.: - Contest Award Presentation
7:45 to 9:15 p.m. - William Clark Green
9:30 to 11 p.m. - Reckless Kelly
jc1402
AG
Thanks. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. edit - finally found it.
Irish 2.0
Slightly disappointed. Only been asked once if I have extra wristbands/badges. Either people are catching on with cookoff or my ridicules in the past have reached enough people to no longer ask me.
reedsterg
AG
Hey, you got any cookoff wristbands?
Irish 2.0
reedsterg said:

Left them on your mom's nightstand…

Thanks. Had been saving that line.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Slightly disappointed. Only been asked once if I have extra wristbands/badges. Either people are catching on with cookoff or my ridicules in the past have reached enough people to no longer ask me.
Or you just dont have friends
Irish 2.0

Irish 2.0 said:

Or you just dont have friends

Also a fair assessment of the situation.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Is this the new transplanted-hick "I'm rich and know everything about Houston" schtick? IT'S COOKOFF TIME AND PEOPLE AXE ME FER WRISTBANDZ I MAKES FUN OF THEM CUZ I KNOW EVERYTHING HOUSTON LOL

Btw, folks, when you see drunk 20-somethings stumbling around cookoff, just remember - that's the appropriate age to be drunk stumbling around cookoff.
The Wonderer
AG
Microwave Onions said:

Is this the new transplanted-hick "I'm rich and know everything about Houston" schtick? IT'S COOKOFF TIME AND PEOPLE AXE ME FER WRISTBANDZ I MAKES FUN OF THEM CUZ I KNOW EVERYTHING HOUSTON LOL

Btw, folks, when you see drunk 20-somethings stumbling around cookoff, just remember - that's the appropriate age to be drunk stumbling around cookoff.
I'm on the Medical & Safety Committee - while this is true, we will be treating many, many 30- and 40-somethings that can't handle their alcohol. It's the main reason I don't work cookoff anymore.
Irish 2.0
The Wonderer said:

Microwave Onions said:

I'm on the Medical & Safety Committee - while this is true, we will be treating many, many 30- and 40-somethings that can't handle their alcohol. It's the main reason I don't work cookoff anymore.

I resemble that remark.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
That was exactly my point, friend. 40-somethings don't need to be out in public trying to party like they could when they were young. It's sad and embarrassing for everyone. In college, I worked in a place where I had the pleasure of dealing with that every Friday night when townies got paid.

Though the one time I think I've seen you working at Cookoff (or another Aggie on your committee), it was because of 2 teenage girls who were probably going to be found somewhere the next day if y'all didn't pick them up.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
The Wonderer said:

Microwave Onions said:

Role of the committee to determine if said person under the influence has capacity to refuse medical care? If so, I understand why you do not volunteer.
TXAG 05
AG
The Wonderer said:

Microwave Onions said:

Amateurs
JYDog90
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

reedsterg said:

Left them on your mom's nightstand…

Thanks. Had been saving that line.
should've gone with jerk store
Formerly Willy Wonka
RK
AG
I'm looking for 4 for Zac Brown, if any of you non-poors are selling.
The Wonderer
AG
Microwave Onions said:

That was exactly my point, friend. 40-somethings don't need to be out in public trying to party like they could when they were young. It's sad and embarrassing for everyone. In college, I worked in a place where I had the pleasure of dealing with that every Friday night when townies got paid.

Though the one time I think I've seen you working at Cookoff (or another Aggie on your committee), it was because of 2 teenage girls who were probably going to be found somewhere the next day if y'all didn't pick them up.
Back in the day when I work every day of Cookoff, I arranged for more than a couple that were beyond gone to be taken to triage for assessment. I miss those days...to a point.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Yeah, it was one of those, late enough that everyone on our end was already off and I had to call someone to cal y'all out and get the kids to triage. I just happened to be walking back from a tent at the same time and some off-duty cops who were also headed home stayed with us until we knew medical was coming. Fun fun.
Sea Speed
AG
Turnpike is playing the parade on the 11th, in assuming it won't be a normal set and you can't really catch more than whatever they are playing when they go by? I'm very unfamiliar with the HLS&R parade. Thanks for the info.
TXAG 05
AG
The parade is this Saturday. Turnpike is playing the rodeo. The rodeo concerts are about an hour.
Sea Speed
AG
Weird I went to their site and it says parade. Guess I should have looked at rodeo site. Thanks
rcb
AG
Would anyone happen to have two tickets for sale for Cody Jinks on March 13?
springagg
I have pair Cody jinks. Kyle@maximinsure.com
TXAG 05
AG
I have a pair I'm willing to past with if the price is right.

Good time tonight at Cookoff. A little warm compared to last year but can't complain.
reedsterg
AG
I have 2 Club Level seats left.

https://texags.com/forums/11/topics/3361831

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.