Houston
Sponsored by

***HLSR 2023***

67,035 Views | 752 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Jugstore Cowboy
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
David_Puddy said:

Got my phone back from an Uber driver an hour ago

Did it have a bunch of butthole & batwing pics on it?
RK
AG
yes, but unfortunately, no new ones.
jetch17
Irish 2.0
jetch17 said:

David_Puddy said:

Got my phone back from an Uber driver an hour ago

Did it have a bunch of butthole & batwing pics on it?

jetch17
AG
That's 4 kicks
David_Puddy
AG
RK said:

yes, but unfortunately, no new ones.

Dammit
The Wonderer
AG
Last night was a ****ing **** show with the crowds.
BohunkAg
AG
Glad to see some of you still fighting the good fight down there. I'm taking the fam down there during the day next weekend when were are there for the Minute Maid Classic. Maybe I'll sneak off to one of the tents and hit on some skanks for old times sakes.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
If you're expecting to be able to sneak into a tent next weekend, prepare to be disappointed.
BohunkAg
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

If you're expecting to be able to sneak into a tent next weekend, prepare to be disappointed.
I'm kidding.
Texaggie7nine
Ducks4brkfast said:

There might be some under the underpass nearby.
7nine
BohunkAg
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

I also meant a tent as in the Hideout, etc.......I realize the schedule. I meant sneak away from the family.....never mind though. Joke is lost.
TXAG 05
AG
The hideout sucks. But there are other places to hang out and get a drink
Petrino1
Went to the cookoff the past 2 days, its been absolutely brutal with this hot and muggy weather. I prefer the cold and windy weather from last year. Inside the tents feels like a hot, steamy, muggy sauna.

Lots of talent out and about last night though!
digging tunnels
AG
Butts to nuts out there last night everywhere. So damn packed. I don't mind having one day of crap weather to keep the crowd low. Oh well. Back at it today for day 4
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
It's the 4th quarter. Play like a champion today.
TXAG 05
AG
Another cookoff in the books. It's like Christmas. It takes forever to get here and then it's over before you know it.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Congratulations to the warriors who can still hang and handle the crowds. My first time in years not being out either working or hanging out. Hope you kids had fun moshing the pit.
StillNotAnAggie
My wife and daughter are going to Parker McCollum on Tuesday night. Anybody have a parking pass that they are looking to sell or can they still pay cash for the Yellow Lot? Sorry it's been a while. TIA.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
You can pay cash (only) at the Astroworld lot and cross over the bridge, but be prepared for long lines to get in from W Bellfort. Taking the shuttle from Reed Road might be easier, as long as they take note of the drop-off and pick-up points.
TXAG 05
AG
I think Astroworld is the easiest to get in and out of, but I'd recommend them getting there as early as possible.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Like not later than 5pm early.
StillNotAnAggie
Thanks y'all! I told her she needed to leave at 4 and she laughed at me...
Chewy
AG
Getting to Rodeo for a big show requires one of two things and sometimes both:

1) Time
2) Money

With it being the first night and a big name that's close to a sellout it's not going to be easy.
maroon10
AG
Going on Sunday with two kids. Is the trolley still at the lot across 610?
Dr. Horrible
8 days down, 17 to go!
Cannon Crew Ag
AG
Yes, but that line is just as long as the line of cars to get into the Astroworld lot. Last year I would routinely walk and get to the grounds before I would on the trolley.
Hwy30East
In my experience last year, the trolley line getting there moved very fast even if you walked up and saw 200 people plus in line. We were on it in 10 minutes. Now, coming back to the lot was a different story. We had a couple of waits in line for 45 minutes, which was right after shows were let out.

If you go to the Rodeo expecting short waits and just in time schedules, you're going to be SOL. You need to plan to get there early, because you're working in amongst 70-100k people with limited space.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
The opening day parade was fun
H-town ag
AG
Parker put on a great show for opening night. You can tell he is truly grateful to be there.
Dr. Horrible
H-town ag said:

Parker put on a great show for opening night. You can tell he is truly grateful to be there.
I didn't know a single song, but his connection was the best part.
TexAgs1992
Dr. Horrible said:

H-town ag said:

I didn't know a single song, but his connection was the best part.
College Park represent
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Brooks n Dunn killed it last night.
Hwy30East
Yes they did! You forget how many great songs they have, and then they start rolling them out in a concert. They played over an hour to.
rolling_ridgeag05
Overall a good show but thought Ronnie Dunn carried them. Looked like Kix was under the weather and didn't know if he was going to make it. He didn't have his normal energy.

But they do have a ton of hits that often get overlooked until they start playing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.