Houston
Sponsored by

***HLSR 2023***

67,052 Views | 752 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Jugstore Cowboy
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rolling_ridgeag05 said:

Overall a good show but thought Ronnie Dunn carried them.

Hasn't this been the case forever?
Diggity
AG
agreed...his voice on "You're Gonna Miss Me" was struggling. Ronnie Dunn, on the other hand, sounds as good as ever.

Weekday shows with the kids suck and we had to bail after Neon Moon so we didn't get stuck in the traffic.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

I didn't know a single song, but his connection was the best part.
Do you know any of his songs or did he play mostly new stuff. I think he recently put out a new album.
The Wonderer
AG
rolling_ridgeag05 said:

Overall a good show but thought Ronnie Dunn carried them. Looked like Kix was under the weather and didn't know if he was going to make it. He didn't have his normal energy.

But they do have a ton of hits that often get overlooked until they start playing.
He said he had a cold on stage. It was a great show. They absolutely crushed it in their residency in Vegas with Reba. Still the same energy as 30 years ago.
Diggity
AG
The Wonderer said:

rolling_ridgeag05 said:

Overall a good show but thought Ronnie Dunn carried them. Looked like Kix was under the weather and didn't know if he was going to make it. He didn't have his normal energy.

But they do have a ton of hits that often get overlooked until they start playing.
He said he had a cold on stage. It was a great show. They absolutely crushed it in their residency in Vegas with Reba. Still the same energy as 30 years ago.
I could be wrong, but I thought that was Ronnie that said he had a cold during Neon Moon
Dr. Horrible
Diggity said:

agreed...his voice on "You're Gonna Miss Me" was struggling. Ronnie Dunn, on the other hand, sounds as good as ever.

Weekday shows with the kids suck and we had to bail after Neon Moon so we didn't get stuck in the traffic.
Just take them to the carnival for an hour to let traffic die down.
Diggity
AG
ha...kid fell asleep on the way to school this morning as it is.

My biggest parent fail last night was buying the $10 carnival pack (that was supposedly $50 worth of value)...and it couldn't get my two kids on a janky roller coaster.

I seem to have rodeo amnesia every year.
David_Puddy
AG
I wish Alan Jackson was performing this year. Most notably closing down the rodeo instead of Luke Bryan
AustinCountyAg
David_Puddy said:

I wish Alan Jackson was performing this year. Most notably closing down the rodeo instead of Luke Bryan
could be wrong but I think he's done performing live. I think I saw somewhere he has some type of disease that's affecting him pretty good
Chewy
AG
AJ did his "farewell tour" last year. He played Austin and Dallas but not Houston.

I was REALLY hoping that meant he was going to play Rodeo this year but obviously not:
David_Puddy
AG
Oh damn....didn't realize that
abomba
AG
Diggity said:

ha...kid fell asleep on the way to school this morning as it is.

My biggest parent fail last night was buying the $10 carnival pack (that was supposedly $50 worth of value)...and it couldn't get my two kids on a janky roller coaster.

I seem to have rodeo amnesia every year.
Best value for the $$ is the half price carnival packs they sell before the show starts.
bigjag19
AG
Stayed to the end then the CF of getting out of 610 lot due to the vendor that provided tickets forgetting to put blue lot pass in mail in time.

Got home at midnight. I've napped more than my 9 year old today.
Ag_07
AG
bigjag19 said:

I've napped more than my 9 year old today.

That sounds awesome. I'm actually jealous
Sea Speed
AG
What are carnival/ livestock show crowds like in the non free days? We went on what turned out to be a free day last year and it was ridiculous and not in a good way. If crowds are anywhere close to that on a paid day im going to find a reason not to take the kids.
Diggity
AG
Sea Speed said:

What are carnival/ livestock show crowds like in the non free days? We went on what turned out to be a free day last year and it was ridiculous and not in a good way. If crowds are anywhere close to that on a paid day im going to find a reason not to take the kids.
crowds were fine yesterday before the show. Not crazy packed but it was before 7p
Sea Speed
AG
I guess I should clarify, I think we would go during the day. Also I guess I should look at when hisd spring break is
Diggity
AG
I think you would be fine. Obviously the "free" days are going to be a different vibe.
Sea Speed
AG
Diggity said:

I think you would be fine. Obviously the "free" days are going to be a different vibe.

Just a touch.
Texaggie7nine
Workin on my Cowboy Raver outfit for Chain Smokers
7nine
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Interesting site you're shopping at.

Hoping to see these skanks at the hideout:
https://www.kisshop.gq/ProductDetail.aspx?iid=7243514&pr=57.88
bigjag19
AG
Forgot about hideout skanks. Only day I'm going without spawn is Tuesday for New Kids. Will not be in western attire for that one.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
bigjag19 said:

Stayed to the end then the CF of getting out of 610 lot due to the vendor that provided tickets forgetting to put blue lot pass in mail in time.

Got home at midnight. I've napped more than my 9 year old today.

Curiosity is killing me but does your 9 year old come home from school and nap?
bigjag19
AG
No. Never. But I did. She did pass out by 8 tonight.
TXAG 05
AG
Sea Speed said:

I guess I should clarify, I think we would go during the day. Also I guess I should look at when hisd spring break is

Any regular day before 4PM or so is pretty calm. Spring Break changes things and obviously, do not go on "Community Day" which is this coming Wednesday.
Sea Speed
AG
Looks like my kids get early release next Friday so thats the day. Thanks. Doenst look like HISD has the same so that's another W.
bigjag19
AG
Just pull them out early a different day.
Sea Speed
AG
No need, we will just keep em home on the half day and head up first thing. No one does anything on a half day.
The Wonderer
AG
Diggity said:

Sea Speed said:

crowds were fine yesterday before the show. Not crazy packed but it was before 7p
The impending weather had a lot to do with this.
The Wonderer
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Sea Speed said:

Any regular day before 4PM or so is pretty calm. Spring Break changes things and obviously, do not go on "Community Day" which is this coming Wednesday.
Thankfully, this is restricted to entry before 12p and not all days.
Diggity
AG
what weather? It was nice
Irish 2.0
Diggity said:

what weather? It was nice
They were calling for a bit of rain yesterday, but it never really made it beyond 10W/610
Diggity
AG
gotcha...I was out there Wednesday.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Space City Weather:

" Big weekend at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo! We've got Bun B's Southern Takeover tonight, and the weather looks trilling. Temps should be in the upper-60s on the way in and low-60s on the way out. Maybe worth a light jacket for some of you. For Walker Hayes on Saturday, it's going to be fancy like, with temps in the 70s mostly and perhaps the upper-60s when you're heading out. Sunday you get the indomitable Zac Brown Band, and you'll be in the same boat weather-wise with near 80 or so in the afternoon and lower 70s for the evening."

Sooo….probably means packed.
TXAG 05
AG
The Wonderer said:

TXAG 05 said:

Sea Speed said:

Thankfully, this is restricted to entry before 12p and not all days.

Exactly. If it was free all day long, I can't even imagine the **** show it would be

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.