Houston
Sponsored by

***HLSR 2023***

67,045 Views | 752 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Jugstore Cowboy
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I found bidder's packet for poultry laying on the ground the other day and skimmed over the various committment levels. Not for me!
rolling_ridgeag05
Thanks FWA for both the explanation and the work put into making the sale a success. As an exhibitor myself 20+ years ago I forgot some of the ins and outs but had one of my kids make the poultry sale this year so go to re-experience it this year again and see the amount of work that goes into it.

Thanks again!
Dr. Horrible
BohunkAg said:

So there's no situation where someone can just walk up and buy something? Sorry I've never done one of these before.
That's exactly how we started. My wife loves to tell the story about how she left me alone so she could go work her committee shift and I showed up 4 drunken hours later trying to semi-coherently explain to her that we had just bought a pig!
Al Bula
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

BohunkAg said:

So there's no situation where someone can just walk up and buy something? Sorry I've never done one of these before.
That's exactly how we started. My wife loves to tell the story about how she left me alone so she could go work her committee shift and I showed up 4 drunken hours later trying to semi-coherently explain to her that we had just bought a pig!
that's what you do with four hours of alone drunk time?!
Dr. Horrible
At rodeo, apparently yes…
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

At rodeo, apparently yes…
I will be doing that Friday and Saturday!
Jack Klompus
AG
Just curious--how much does a pig cost ballpark?
rcb
AG
Quick question on Level 300 tickets. Are they all club seats? Looking at Kenny Chesney tickets. Would $76 for section 350 be a decent deal?

Also see a section 135 row HH for $90. Looks like that's by the chutes. Any experience sitting down there?

Only been to rodeo once since it's been in NRG and that was years ago. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
bigjag19
AG
Yes they are for rodeo. No for Texans.
The Wonderer
AG
Cody Jinks put on a hell of a show last night. Music and vocals were much better than Turnpike.
Dr. Horrible
Jack Klompus said:

The minimum recently went up to $1k, but a good chunk of that is a tax writeoff too. The maximum is whatever the full auction deems, and the swine record was $250k last year
bigjag19
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Jack Klompus said:

The minimum recently went up to $1k, but a good chunk of that is a tax writeoff too. The maximum is whatever the full auction deems, and the swine record was $250k last year

Can you put that in a price per pound of bacon?
Dr. Horrible
Dr. Horrible
The most expensive bacon you've ever eaten
Ducks4brkfast
AG
The Wonderer said:

Cody Jinks put on a hell of a show last night. Music and vocals were much better than Turnpike.
And you could tell he was really humbled to be there.
The Wonderer
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

The Wonderer said:

Definitely.
bigjag19
AG
Predictions for tonight?
Ag_07
AG
Holding out for a wardrobe malfunction for his guitarist

The Wonderer
AG
bigjag19 said:

Predictions for tonight?
Overcast with a good chance of fckery.
bigjag19
AG
You going?
Ag_07
AG
Nope. I was out there all day yesterday
cr0wbar
AG
Going to see Machine Gun Kelly. Haven't been to the rodeo in 7+ years. Really hoping this doesnt suck

GLHF
07ag
AG
The Wonderer said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

The Wonderer said:

Definitely.

Definitely a good show, could tell he appreciated the moment and it wasn't just another show. Bringing out his mom for a song was a cool moment. First time I've seen him, though, so I don't if that is a regular thing
https://ts.la/eric59704
digging tunnels
AG
It is confirmed. MGK does royally suck

Only highlight was seeing his hot guitarist, Sophie Lloyd
TXAG 05
AG
How was the crowd? I took tonight off but heard it was pretty empty.
Irish 2.0
digging tunnels said:

It is confirmed. MGK does royally suck

Only highlight was seeing his hot guitarist, Sophie Lloyd

Dude ****ed around on Megan Fox. She may be ****ing nuts, but you don't **** around on one of the hottest women in the world when you're still in Eminem's crosshairs.
bigjag19
AG
Uppers were fairly empty. All 800 suites empty. Many mid level ones as well. No more than 50 inside.

And **** her ass was legit.
Chewy
AG
Rodeo seems to have really missed on Ashley McBride and MGK from an attendance standpoint.

They're not going to sell out every show but the attendance for those two seems to be by far the worst.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
On the flip side, Cody Jinks had almost 60k on a Monday, which is a big number.
Irish 2.0
Disappointed I missed him. He was the one show I really wanted to go to.
TXAG 05
AG
He was good but no way he had 60+. Although there must have been a lot of last minute ticket sales for him because that morning the entire 600s were available, not resale tickets, but original unsold from HLSR tickets, and for the resale seats everything was available for face. McBryde and MGK definitely won't be invited back due to lack of sales.

I think the home stretch will be pretty full, Kenny, Stapleton, CoJo, Paisley, and Luke Bryan. Ok
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
TXAG 05 said:

He was good but no way he had 60+. Although there must have been a lot of last minute ticket sales for him because that morning the entire 600s were available, not resale tickets, but original unsold from HLSR tickets, and for the resale seats everything was available for face. McBryde and MGK definitely won't be invited back due to lack of sales.

I think the home stretch will be pretty full, Kenny, Stapleton, CoJo, Paisley, and Luke Bryan. Ok
which one are you referring to?
TXAG 05
AG
Cody Jinks
bigjag19
AG
I would think less than half the suites being sold is a major indicator.
cajunaggie08
AG
TXAG 05 said:

My co-worker went monday. He doesn't listen to country music so he purposefully picked Cody Jinks to go to because he hadn't heard of him and figured there would be plenty of $25 tickets left to take his kids to go watch the Rodeo.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.