Houston
Sponsored by

***HLSR 2023***

66,053 Views | 752 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by DustysLineup
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FYI, these announcements are going to keep coming
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

billboard current singles and albums chart

You've identified your problem.
12th Man Ag
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

FYI, these announcements are going to keep coming

Yup. I think they got tired of their leak, so just roll out 1 or 2 each week between now and the second week of January.
DustysLineup
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Well here's a novel idea; Don't freaking go then. Just because you and the people you know have ****ty taste in music and don't know anything about the current trends in country music doesn't mean the show won't be packed.
Mayne, these fools don't even know bout Joshua Ray Walker. Bet they ain't even seen him 3 times.
tlh3842
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Jinks will be playing the big stage.

Just saw that. I have to eat crow on that one. Interested to see if people actually show up for that show.
I can't think of anyone that I am associated with who would pay money to go see this show. I expect a small crowd for this one.

Jinks would be fun to see at Gruene Hall/Whitewater, etc. Rodeo Houston? no way

He was awesome at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion this summer, was just as great at Sam Houston in 2018 (or maybe 2019). Super pumped he made it to Rodeo and excited to see him then.

He's not on 93q or 100.3, but most of those acts aren't great country. Jinks is a different breed for sure and glad he's getting a larger stage finally. Almost his entire catalogue since switching to country from rock in I think 2010 is awesome, and he's put out quite a few albums since then.
strohag
AG

AustinCountyAg said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Jinks will be playing the big stage.

Just saw that. I have to eat crow on that one. Interested to see if people actually show up for that show.
I can't think of anyone that I am associated with who would pay money to go see this show. I expect a small crowd for this one.

Jinks would be fun to see at Gruene Hall/Whitewater, etc. Rodeo Houston? no way

Jinks sold out a show at Red Rocks in October and had a second show added the next day which almost sold out. He's been selling out shows in large venues across the country. I think you have no idea how popular the guy is. Before Covid he was scheduled to play White Oak and they ended up moving the show to the horse track due to large ticket demand. He had a great turnout at the woodlands this summer too. It's impressive because he isn't mainstream and an independent artist. He may not sell out the rodeo but I bet it's a nice crowd.
The Wonderer
AG
I suspect Jinks will see a big jump in popularity outside of his current followers a la Cody Johnson after he played Rodeo.
AustinCountyAg
Jinks could surprise me. From the shows of his I have seen, he's more of a stand there and sing kinda performer. Not much entertainment outside of the music. It will be interesting to see on how he does on the big stage, and turnout wise with the crowd.

I wouldn't compare him to Cody Johnson and the rodeo. Cody, if I remember right had the #1 song on country radio right around the time he played the rodeo the first time.

I may be surprised?
AustinCountyAg
Harry Lime said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Well here's a novel idea; Don't freaking go then. Just because you and the people you know have ****ty taste in music and don't know anything about the current trends in country music doesn't mean the show won't be packed.
Mayne, these fools don't even know bout Joshua Ray Walker. Bet they ain't even seen him 3 times.
Saw JRW at the Kenney store a few months back. I believe it was a $5 dollar ticket and about 30 people, all locals showed up. He was "okay".
TXAG 05
AG
They are about to announce the Chainsmokers. I know AustinCounty will be pumped for them
12th Man Ag
AG
TXAG 05 said:

They are about to announce the Chainsmokers. I know AustinCounty will be pumped for them
Meh. Hope the re-sell market is strong for this one.
digging tunnels
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Jinks could surprise me. From the shows of his I have seen, he's more of a stand there and sing kinda performer. Not much entertainment outside of the music. It will be interesting to see on how he does on the big stage, and turnout wise with the crowd.

I wouldn't compare him to Cody Johnson and the rodeo. Cody, if I remember right had the #1 song on country radio right around the time he played the rodeo the first time.

I may be surprised?

Yup. CoJo had radio play with "With You I Am" already on rotation. Also helped that he is from Huntsville.

Nevertheless, the locals know who Cody Jinks is and they'll show up for another Texas guy. I think this show will be big for him
TXAG 05
AG
12th Man Ag said:

TXAG 05 said:

Meh. Hope the re-sell market is strong for this one.

Yep. Will definitely be selling my tickets to that one.
12th Man Ag
AG
Pre-sale for Lauren Daigle, Cody Jinks, and the Chainsmokers is live.
TXAG 05
AG
They just sent an email saying the pre sale has been extended, guessing they didn't sell too many tickets today.
DustysLineup
AG
I imagine presale is a little slower with the lineup trickled out.
12th Man Ag
AG
Well, there were no Field Box seats left for Daigle or Jinks at 10:30AM.
TXAG 05
AG
12th Man Ag said:

The 100s are season tickets, other than a few here or there, those were never available.
12th Man Ag
AG
TXAG 05 said:

12th Man Ag said:

The 100s are season tickets, other than a few here or there, those were never available.

Understood. I got 10 for Lauren Daigle in 114. Wasn't able to get any 100's for Cody Jinks.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
12th Man Ag said:

TXAG 05 said:

12th Man Ag said:

Understood. I got 10 for Lauren Daigle in 114. Wasn't able to get any 100's for Cody Jinks.

Are you selling the Lauren Daigle tickets? Looking for 9 but will buy 10 to secure deal.
12th Man Ag
AG
Sorry. Already spoken for.
Chewy
AG
12th Man Ag said:

Sounds like you're looking to treat saints and sinners right. It's a good thing to do all the time.
12th Man Ag
AG
Seems like more country acts than in years past. Interested to see who will fill the slots.
TXAG 05
AG
12th Man Ag said:

Seems like more country acts than in year's past. Interested to see who will fill the slots.

I'd say Cody Johnson, Luke Bryan, and Brad Paisley are guaranteed. Probably Chris Stapleton too.
spadilly
S
TXAG 05 said:

12th Man Ag said:

Seems like more country acts than in year's past. Interested to see who will fill the slots.

I'd say Cody Johnson, Luke Bryan, and Brad Paisley are guaranteed. Probably Chris Stapleton too.

Add Keith Urban to the list.

It must be nice to get a gig on the rotating stage. You probably get paid as much as a regular tour stop for half the number of songs.

I assume the contracts are still the same where you can't play within X number miles for a certain time period before or after the show?
n_touch
spadilly said:

TXAG 05 said:

12th Man Ag said:

Add Keith Urban to the list.

It must be nice to get a gig on the rotating stage. You probably get paid as much as a regular tour stop for half the number of songs.

I assume the contracts are still the same where you can't play within X number miles for a certain time period before or after the show?
I agree. It sucks though since many of the artists will not do full shows because of that. I think you are starting to see a push back a little and the artists playing other spots to make more money and put on a longer better show.

I believe it is 6 months but not sure.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
TXAG 05 said:

12th Man Ag said:

Brad Paisley on a Saturday is a lock and it pisses me off so bad.
TXAG 05
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

TXAG 05 said:

12th Man Ag said:

Brad Paisley on a Saturday is a lock and it pisses me off so bad.

Yeah. He has had the last Saturday for maybe 10 years now, if not longer.
Chewy
AG
Last year not counting George there were 12 Country acts. This year it's 14 so a couple more.
TXAG 05
AG
Lineup announced tonight at 7.
mnetop
AG
TXAG 05 said:

I believe the announcement is at 5 per the website.
Texaggie7nine
OOOh wee. Already getting excited for those fun metro rides.

7nine
Dr. Horrible
Dr. Horrible said:

If anyone still wants to volunteer and is interested in working a late night shift cooking food, we will be interviewing on December 8.
Just bumping this message again. If anyone is interested, we have interviews TONIGHT (Jan 5th). I can get you more details if interested.
Irish 2.0
Ah...Yes! Public transportation in India! That **** is wild to witness!
TXAG 05
AG
mnetop said:

TXAG 05 said:

I believe the announcement is at 5 per the website.

It must be set to pacific time, because everything says 7

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.