Houston
Sponsored by

***HLSR 2023***

66,022 Views | 752 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by DustysLineup
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
And once again, as is the case most years, the San Antonio rodeo lineup is much better:

cena05
AG
And a smaller venue
southwestag
Is bun b the verified safe spokesman for urban folks now? Who made him the houston headliner? We went from Luther Vandross, Patti LaBelle, Mary J and Janet Jackson to another rap fest - lord
AGHouston11
AG
cena05 said:

And a smaller venue

Exactly

If you want to see a concert the Houston Rodeo is a terrible venue
TXAG 05
AG
southwestag said:

Is bun b the verified safe spokesman for urban folks now? Who made him the houston headliner? We went from Luther Vandross, Patti LaBelle, Mary J and Janet Jackson to another rap fest - lord

His show was badass last year.
sts7049
AG
southwestag said:

and here we have the leading candidate for worst take of the day
southwestag
sts7049 said:

southwestag said:

and here we have the leading candidate for worst take of the day

Nope - just tired of rap as the only genre they assume we listen to and bun b is now the spokesperson for black houston

Give us some creativity or another night also
TXAG 05
AG
Who would you prefer?
southwestag
TXAG 05 said:

Who would you prefer?

You can bring back Janet Jackson - Beyonc - her -
DustysLineup
AG
I think I understand what you're saying. It's weird when on person is the designated spokesperson or whatever.
Anyway.
TXAG 05
AG
I doubt Beyonc will ever play the rodeo again. I remember a lot of people complaining about Janet the last time she was here, like did more costume changes than singing or something like that. I had a shift so didn't get to go to that one, plus she is playing here this summer.

I understand wanting some more variety, but the BunB show was one of the top sellers last year and a lot of fun, so I'm sure they are just capitalizing on that.
DustysLineup
AG
They also got a lot of positive hype and free publicity from his hamburger venture last year. There can be a lot of marketing synergy with having a local performer as the face of "diversity" instead of importing a national act that can be out of fashion by the time their show comes around. I think older folks and housewives are still enthralled with the novelty of discovering local rap.
n_touch
TXAG 05 said:

I doubt Beyonc will ever play the rodeo again. I remember a lot of people complaining about Janet the last time she was here, like did more costume changes than singing or something like that. I had a shift so didn't get to go to that one, plus she is playing here this summer.
The problem is the Rodeo itself. It was big in the Astrodome, but in NRG it it just seems too big. There are to many restraints on the performers and many of them can make the same money if not more by playing smaller venues like Toyota Center, Cynthia Woods, or Sugarland Financial while giving their fans a better show and not feel as detached as they feel when playing NRG.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
They make the same money regardless of where they play. Turnpike charges the same whether they play NRG, Res Rocks, or your living room couch.

Speaking of which, I spoke to turnpike's agent a few weeks ago. Any guesses what they charge for a show in 2023?
digging tunnels
AG
$150k
Ducks4brkfast
AG
digging tunnels said:

$150k

DustysLineup
AG
So no living room show?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Ask me after Tuesday's mega millions drawing
David_Puddy
AG
spadilly said:

And once again, as is the case most years, the San Antonio rodeo lineup is much better:

Damn....that's a pretty solid lineup and I'd agree better than ours
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
In San Antonio, you would think every night was Noche del Vaquero. Guess not.
DustysLineup
AG
I got Turnpike tickets in the intimate setting of section 548 this morning, so I'm all good.
Texaggie7nine
n_touch said:

TXAG 05 said:

The problem is the Rodeo itself. It was big in the Astrodome, but in NRG it it just seems too big. There are to many restraints on the performers and many of them can make the same money if not more by playing smaller venues like Toyota Center, Cynthia Woods, or Sugarland Financial while giving their fans a better show and not feel as detached as they feel when playing NRG.
A benefit for them though, is that their Rodeo show is much shorter stage time. Get in and out and make bank.
7nine
IDaggie06
AG
Microwave Onions said:

I got Turnpike tickets in the intimate setting of section 548 this morning, so I'm all good.
That sounds miserable. Glad I saw them at Billy Bobs and White Oak last year.
DustysLineup
AG
You sound really insecure.
AustinCountyAg
Microwave Onions said:

that might be too high to even watch the video screens. have fun!
IDaggie06
AG
Microwave Onions said:

You sound really insecure.
cool take?
12Power
It's a scalpers world. I got in the AXS app waiting room for a show this afternoon the second it opened. 15 minutes after tickets went on sale I got my turn. How many? 2 OOPS! No tickets available. After several futile. attempts, I started doing 1. It won't let you buy but 1 at a time. AARRRGGGHHH!

Go to stubhub and it was saturated with tickets for double the face plus they add $20 per ticket. No thanks.

"Sorry son, maybe next time". Probably not as I am just done with this entertainment scam.

Vent over.
htxag09
AG
People don't get tickets thrown at them at work? I've received offers from multiple companies already today
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
12Power said:

It's a committee members world.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
the reality is season ticket holders control a big majority of the 100 and 300s. I am one of the earliest to access tickets and there was nothing on 100 or 300 for me either.
Texaggie7nine
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

the reality is season ticket holders control a big majority of the 100 and 300s. I am one of the earliest to access tickets and there was nothing on 100 or 300 for me either.
Luckily I scored my 100 level ticket to the Chainsmokers through a friend season ticket holder.
7nine
cajunaggie08
AG
htxag09 said:

People don't get tickets thrown at them at work? I've received offers from multiple companies already today
Depends on the job. I know engineers aren't the most social bunch but we like free **** too
TXAG 05
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

This. They don't advertise it, but most of the stadium is sold out before they ever go on sale. You might get some singles in the 100s or club level, but if you want at least a pair, you are only going to get 500s or 600s.
PlanoAg98
AG
How long are the artists' performances at the HLSR?
TXAG 05
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

How long are the artists' performances at the HLSR?

About an hour.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.