Houston
Sponsored by

GtKYN - Catch

90,100 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by David_Puddy
MichaelJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That poor stripper probably has no idea what she is in for if true.
Ezra Brooks
AG
That's unpossible
Ezra Brooks
AG
I don't know why, but I started thinking about this thread last night and a funny Catch story - though not quite as funny as the ones he's told here.

Catch, Chewy, myself and a few other guys from our drunken crew wound up Virginia City/Fanny's/Whatever it was at the time.

Who knows where we had been before, but Catch's fashion was deemed unacceptable at the door - apparently shorts and sandals were a no-go for this fine two-steppin' establishment.

Hesitant to leave, we went back to the vehicle of our driver, a late 90's model mini-van that was company provided. Our buddy had cleared out just enough stuff to let the 4-5 of us find a seat, but there was plenty of other junk in there....including a pair of size 32 waist blue jeans (our driver was probably pushing a 42 inch waist and these were clearly from his junior high days). Catch managed to cram himself into those but still needed appropriate footwear.

A pair of golf spikes with crusty socks were located and happened to fit Catch.

A belt was fastened from some rope and his new wardrobe was complete.

Apparently this outfit was acceptable to the doorman, after all it wasn't particularly any worse than any of the other folks there and they accepted Catch's $5 cover at the door and we were let in.

Chewy - feel free to fill in any details here that I've left out.
HBCanine08
Chewy
AG
I think the jeans were covered in grease too from the crane parts Larry sold out of his min-van. It's hard to really imagine the scene if you never met young and innocent Catch which he was at the time. The golf shoes were the old school black and white Footjoys so they stood out. Catch even took to the dance floor a time or two to show off his moves and attire. Mostly his attire.

I think that was also the night I had a cooler in the bed of my truck and someone took two beers and left five bucks. Way more honest than anyone in our crew as we would have likely taken the beers and not left sheet for payment.

Speaking of stories told the TPP story last night. It's a bit shocking Catch wasn't with us that evening.
Aggie1205
AG
krazyninja said:

This thread needed to be bumped.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
RIP
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Catch is dead. Long live Catch.

And I could be wrong, but I'm 99% certain I knew him at A&M. IIRC, we worked at Shadow Canyon/Hole in the Wall circa 1999-2000'ish.
notheranymore
This board used to be nails.
digging tunnels
AG
Finn Maccumhail said:

Catch is dead. Long live Catch.

And I could be wrong, but I'm 99% certain I knew him at A&M. IIRC, we worked at Shadow Canyon/Hole in the Wall circa 1999-2000'ish.

I don't think he was ever a bartender. Catch is c/o 97. He goes by a two letter first name
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Yeah I know. There were more than bartenders that worked there.

It might have been someplace else but I can't recall for sure.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Did he really die?
jetch17
AG

Did you hear about catch? ....ahhhaaaa
helloag99
I thought he got married. Same difference...
Westicles
AG
Westicles
AG
Damn I miss this place....
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
strohag
AG
He's alive
IrishTxAggie
AG
Agasaurus Tex said:

Did he really die?

No. He's alive. Not married either. There's a huge group of us that will all be downtown next Saturday for a bar crawl.
KW02
AG
Already divorced or never married the chick?
The Wonderer
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Agasaurus Tex said:

Did he really die?

No. He's alive. Not married either. There's a huge group of us that will all be downtown next Saturday for a bar crawl.
That time of year again??
IrishTxAggie
AG
Yep. Starting at Shay McElroy's at 2 on the 16th. The full itinerary isn't set yet though.
bigjag19
AG
He has the full size major award up. May have to drive by to see it.

Is this girl a succubus?
cr0wbar
AG
Welp - spent most of my morning going through those stories. I'd buy ol Catch a bud light

Great stuff
Catch
AG
What? Me dead? Hell naw.
Just got a job that keeps me really busy, as opposed to previous job that allowed me to **** off all day on TexAgs and write novels to entertain you fine folks.

I honestly haven't even logged in here in probably 2-3 years now. So I'm pleasantly surprised to find my GTKYN thread popped back up to the top when I did snoop on by.

And also no to the married ***** Did find me an accidental girlfriend. Came home with me one night about 3 years ago and pretty much never left. Though if I ever want to get rid of her, I guess I should let her read this thread....
IrishTxAggie
AG
Catch said:

What? Me dead? Hell naw.
Just got a job that keeps me really busy, as opposed to previous job that allowed me to **** off all day on TexAgs and write novels to entertain you fine folks.

I honestly haven't even logged in here in probably 2-3 years now. So I'm pleasantly surprised to find my GTKYN thread popped back up to the top when I did snoop on by.

And also no to the married ***** Did find me an accidental girlfriend. Came home with me one night about 3 years ago and pretty much never left. Though if I ever want to get rid of her, I guess I should let her read this thread....
I can text the link her...
The Wonderer
AG
Catch said:

What? Me dead? Hell naw.

Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I honestly haven't even logged in here in probably 2-3 years now.
You last posted at 3:08PM on August 12, 2016.
The Wonderer
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

I honestly haven't even logged in here while sober so that I would remember in probably 2-3 years now.
You last posted at 3:08PM on August 12, 2016.
FIFH
RenoAg
For everyone's Rona induced free time reading enjoyment.
Liquid Wrench
Member TNDC? I 'member.
The Wonderer
AG
Body By Fisher said:

Member TNDC? I 'member.
I 'member showing up; rarely 'member leaving
Texaggie7nine
Let us all pray that this bump does not forever disappear one of the most iconic threads of the board.
7nine
HotardAg07
AG
It's pretty wild I remember most of those stories.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I text him Saturday to let him know it got bumped. Maybe he'll resurface one day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.