Metroplex
Sponsored by

2021 Spring Storms

69,108 Views | 624 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by planoaggie123
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Biggun headed towards Waxahachie. Grandview in it now. Maypearl on deck.

CampingAg
AG
The dirty pearl getting a good scrubbing.
TxAG#2011
Planes still flying out of love. Cutting it pretty close eh
JR Ewingford
So much for worst of weather north and east of DFW. The main show has been just south and west of us. That one storm is still going nuts coming thru Ellis county.
AW 1880
AG
Between Maypearl and Milford are the highest winds I've seen on radar this evening.
John Beckwith
AG
18 wheeler flipped or crashed on 35, on CBS
aggielostinETX
AG
Palmer got another one
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
East Dallas Ag
AG
Follow Jeff Piotrowski on twitter he is live streaming from the scene, multiple 18 wheelers crushed
fooz
Our power comes back on right as we're about to get another round.
Dallasag517
AG
Its storming in Paris pretty good. Stashed my ride under the hotel awning
91AggieLawyer
AG
fooz said:

I've been watching spring weather in Texas for decades. Spent many a night in my home hallway in far north Texas as a kid. Came out one morning and my swing set was turned over. Likely straight line winds then but who knows.

Anyway, there seems to be a definitive pattern with the vast majority of these storms: they begin in the late afternoon hours around rush hour, maybe a little later. They start firing somewhere near the Highway 281 line from anywhere from the Red River to just west of Temple/Belton/Killeen. They move in an east/northeast direction. Some storms are clumped together and are straight moving while others are very random and popup out of nowhere. Only in recent years (no more than 15-20) has radar been able to tell us where rotation is and where there is a likely tornado. Before then, it was hope for the best and if you hear a freight train, duck and cover. If its EF5 and you aren't underground or partially underground, you might as well kiss your ass goodbye.

The bottom line is this: you never know when or where heavy rain, large hail, straight line wind damage, or a small or large tornado will hit once we have conditions for these storms -- anywhere between like Glen Rose up to Wichita Falls all the way over until at least to Paris down to Tyler. That isn't a totally complete picture by any stretch but you can bet that 3-6x a spring, you will see this pattern.

You just hope that any tornadoes that do develop will be in rural areas and do little to no damage.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Staying with my wife's folks in Rio Vista. Not looking forward to seeing what kind of hail damage our vehicle has on it. Thankful nothing worse here.
Enviroag02
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

fooz said:

"If its EF5 and you aren't underground or partially underground, you might as well kiss your ass goodbye."

Just not true
Robert C. Christian
AG
Was not especting this today.

mAgnoliAg
AG
Surprised there's only one post on this thread today
vander54
S

TexAggee05
AG
SIL in Weatherfors said they got 3" hail. MIL in Aledo getting quarter size hail now.
vander54
S
Great live coverage

TSC live feed

https://fb.watch/5pt2sMjHI7/
mAgnoliAg
AG
Severe stuff starting to go north and south of the bubble. I swear the bubble is real
YouBet
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Severe stuff starting to go north and south of the bubble. I swear the bubble is real
Let's hope so!
Post removed:
by user
vander54
S
Just had a brief severe storm pass through far south Fort Worth. Hail was dime to slightly larger. Luckily as it was intensifying it all the sudden quit.
aggielostinETX
AG
Cool fronts cause the storms this time of year. But they hit the heat bubble and die.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
mosdefn14
AG
Another round coming from Godley towards SW loop 820
vander54
S
Another nice looking storm north of Stephenville headed this way
JR Ewingford
Few scattered hailstorms keep going. Should begin to die down in the next few hours.
JR Ewingford
Few reports of baseball to even softball sized hail near Ponder earlier. Knew there were some hailers out there but those reports are surprising.
Goose
AG
We missed the hail, thank goodness. But sweet Jesus we got a ton of rain in Far North Dallas.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Another round coming in just for the evening commute. Days like this make me glad to still be WFH.
Decay
AG
Well at least the yard is getting a deep soak. That's good for deep roots right?
mAgnoliAg
AG
Holy crap. One time all day I need to leave the office and go to a customers house
Carlo4
AG
South FW off Chisholm Trail Parkway.

Got about 8 minutes of good hail yesterday and about 2 minutes of golf ball size hail. I certainly didn't expect that!
FTAG 2000
AG
Anyone start building their ark for next week?
planoaggie123
AG
AG 2000' said:

When i moved into our house i fixed some of our gutter drains that run under. While largely successful this last round has shown me a few "weak spots" and so I will be spending time this afternoon and tomorrow working to see if I can make some changes prior to this next flood.

The issue we have is many of our gutter systems were not maintained (clogged or just for some reason terminated with no real basis) and so some I just diverted from the "under" system and just used gutter extensions to push water away. I have noticed one of those "reworks" is causing some big puddling so I want to see if i can figure out that specific underground drain and try and clear it or re-run it....
FincAg
AG
AG 2000' said:

Meat is thawed
Beer fridge stocked
Wood is dried

Firing things up for an overnight smoke; should have plenty to make it through the week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.