Metroplex
Sponsored by

2021 Spring Storms

69,020 Views | 624 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by planoaggie123
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
duck79 said:

This is supposed to happen thru Thursday?

My app says through Saturday. Gonna be fun.
planoaggie123
AG
They keep saying flood watch through Wednesday I believe but Weather.com sure seems to indicate rain on Thursday and Friday and lower percents on Sat > Monday. I guess there will be enough break that the incremental rains on those days won't cause floods..???

We have a kids free weekend coming up so hoping for clearer weather than currently predicted...
vander54
S
duck79 said:

This is supposed to happen thru Thursday?

Thursday things are supposed to ease up but still rain through the weekend.
fooz
We've got the sideways rain now just west of blue ridge. Just sitting on top of us.
vander54
S
Looks like some significant damage from the tornado warned storm that was near Richardson
Ol Jock 99
AG
vander54 said:

Looks like some significant damage from the tornado warned storm that was near Richardson
Where are you seeing this?
DFWTLR
AG
vander54 said:

I saw some twitter videos, but looked like heavy flooding damage. We got almost no wind when the sirens were going off.
HouseDivided06
AG
I was driving from my moms in Richardson to my house in plano and it was crazy in prairie creek area. Moms neighbors got water in their house because the storm drains couldn't take all the water flowing down the street and alleys. And one neighbor told me one of the bridges off prairie creek east was under water completely.
vander54
S
vander54
S
Ol Jock 99 said:

vander54 said:

Where are you seeing this?

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/fansoftexasstormchasers/permalink/1638345263019515/

Ol Jock 99
AG
Thanks
Post removed:
by user
bert harbinson
AG
Just saw the story on Ch 8. Same house hit in October 2019. Took 11 months for repairs, and the house just sold.
YouBet
AG
bert harbinson said:

Just saw the story on Ch 8. Same house hit in October 2019. Took 11 months for repairs, and the house just sold.
Holy crap. Lightening does strike twice.
fooz
Wasn't expecting to get another round this soon. County roads around us are starting to flood over. And MIL doesn't want to drive home now.
aggielostinETX
AG
More storms coming all night
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Strategy
AG
3 Lines of red/pink cells headed toward NW Tarrant

Buckle up boys. Going to be a long night!
nai06
AG
Talk about a long day. (Don't worry it's a good ending)

The creek near my house was really full and roaring today around 130pm. I was crossing the bridge on my way out of the subdivision and it was just full on rapids. About two hours later as I can back across that bridge I noticed what looked like a 12 year old girl being carried down stream on a cheap inflatable pool float. One of those rectangle numbers that you can get for like 5 bucks. It happened so fast I wasn't sure if actually believed my own eyes but someone else saw her too and stopped. I called it in and then drove down stream past a few more crossings and didn't see her.

Ended up walking along the bank into a golf course till I hit another bridge that was just too low for anyone to make it under. There might have been two inches between the water and bridge. I hadn't seen the girl or the float so I headed back and met up with the PD and FD so they could get a better spot on where I saw her.

The FD had their swift water rescue team out and we're going to launch a zodiac but we're waiting in confirmation. I was had posted about it on some local groups and passed in the info to the FD. A few false sightings later the PD launched a drone to try and get a better look down stream but didn't see anything. Finally about 3 hours later they located the person and confirmed she was out of the water.

Turns out she was not a child at all but a very petite adult woman who was having a mental health crisis. She was in the middle of what seemed like a pretty severe manic episode and decided to take a float down the creek. Sounds like they were going to get her some help.

It was pretty cool to see the boats and drone in action but the thing that struck me was how strong the current was. There were whole ass trees being slammed into the bridge abutments like it was nothing. Pallets and all kinds of junk just getting sucked underneath the water. I am amazed she made it out alive.

Anyways I know it probably goes without saying but after today, I don't really care. Be safe out there y'all and stay out of the high water.
Yesterday
AG
Did she have a cooler of Natty and bumping Jason Aldean
Carlo4
AG
Rough night last night in south FW. Lightning pretty consistent since 4AM
nai06
AG
Yesterday said:

Did she have a cooler of Natty and bumping Jason Andean?

I can't imagine looking at the condition of that rushing creek and thinking, "yeah I could do that on a pool float".

At one point it looked like they found something on the drone and there was a lot of activity all of a sudden. They started prepping a zodiac for launch and I thought, "well I guess they found a body". Thankfully it was a false alarm.

It took all my effort not to go check out the boats and dive gear. They got some really cool toys!
vander54
S
2 confirmed tornadoes (EF-0 and EF-1) around North Dallas Sunday

According to the NWS in Fort Wroth, its survey team found two separate areas of damage in north Dallas County from the Sunday afternoon storms.
https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/weather/severe-weather/2-tornadoes-confirmed-dallas-county-sunday-severe-weather-storms/287-0e56e34e-35f4-4add-9516-b90bb036bc09
5C
AG
Gonna be a tough night tonight - especially west side of DFW
double aught
AG
nai06 said:

Yesterday said:

Did she have a cooler of Natty and bumping Jason Andean?

I can't imagine looking at the condition of that rushing creek and thinking, "yeah I could do that on a pool float".

At one point it looked like they found something on the drone and there was a lot of activity all of a sudden. They started prepping a zodiac for launch and I thought, "well I guess they found a body". Thankfully it was a false alarm.

It took all my effort not to go check out the boats and dive gear. They got some really cool toys!
Good for you for sticking around to help with the location instead of calling and bailing. What city was this?
aggie_wes
AG
Was it bad? I slept through it.
The Collective
AG
bert harbinson said:

House could probably sell now for the same price without repairs.
5C
AG
aggie_wes said:

Was it bad? I slept through it.

Man it really broke apart just west of DFW. Pretty awesome how it just died like that.
EllisCoAg
AG
i know summer is coming and will be hot as balls, but can the rain stop?
aggielostinETX
AG
EllisCoAg said:

i know summer is coming and will be hot as balls, but can the rain stop?

AggieKatie2 said:
mAgnoliAg
AG
How is there a giant mass of rain coming through weatherford headed straight for us but apple weather and other hourly forecasts still show 0% all morning?
aggielostinETX
AG
Delkus put it on FB.

I guess Weather.com doesn't read Facebook

AggieKatie2 said:
riverrataggie
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

How is there a giant mass of rain coming through weatherford headed straight for us but apple weather and other hourly forecasts still show 0% all morning?

And it appears that will fall apart and our rain will come from the east.
mAgnoliAg
AG
riverrataggie said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Wow mind blown. Guess that's why I'm not a meteorologist
aggielostinETX
AG
riverrataggie said:

mAgnoliAg said:

It's strengthening.

AggieKatie2 said:
vander54
S
riverrataggie said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Not sure if serious

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.