Brazos Valley ~ Abandoned Places

93,246 Views | 447 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by goatchze
Post removed:
by user
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My kids like them. I was always partial to the chicken fried steak sandwich
BluHorseShu
AG
PS3D said:

FAT SEXY said:

Ever since Live Oak Archery moved and Chicken Oil caught fire, this has been a pretty desolate area.

For grins: This Tobacco store just down the road has been shuttered for some time.

That tobacco store used to be (until around 2000), the Texan, one of the area's best restaurants.

I forgot about Chicken Oil. They posted back in October that they'd reopen in 2023 but it's been total radio silence since then. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Oh man...The Texan was the balls! So good!
halibut sinclair
FAT SEXY said:

Were their burgers pretty good?

Wot? You never had the goodness of the double meat double cheese death burger? Been missing that with a cold beer.
maroon barchetta
halibut sinclair said:

FAT SEXY said:

Were their burgers pretty good?

Wot? You never had the goodness of the double meat double cheese death burger? Been missing that with a cold beer.

"Deathburger - 100% Nasty"
Roxie146
Anybody remember Buccaneer Burger on College - realize that is dating me - remembering the Texan reminded me of it as well.
BaronDeBishopville
I ate many "smoke burgers" at the Buccaneer. It was locally owned by a man who worked at the Highway Department with my dad
jello123
FAT SEXY said:

This place is located directly across from the CS Wal-Mart on Texas Avenue. I'm not sure how long it has been abandoned.

Remnants of what appears to have once been a small farmstead slowly being enveloped by the city.

I see in Feb. 2022 it changed owners... now FIVE SAC SELF-STORAGE CORP out of Phoenix. Oddly the Brazos CAD still has it with a homestead exemption.
Post removed:
by user
91_Aggie
AG
I thought I had heard uhaul bought that
chickencoupe16
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Enslavement

Thank god, my parents are safe!
maroon barchetta
chickencoupe16 said:

FAT SEXY said:

Enslavement

Thank god, my parents are safe!

We sang Christmas carols for the residents with a bunch of girls from Neeley Hall when I was in Singing Cadets. The residents loved the visit and one of them was a retired Organic Chemistry prof in declining health, and he started talking chemistry with a couple of students once he found some that were science majors.

It's sad what that place has become.
war hymn aggie
AG
Fat Sexy,

This complex will soon be demolished & a housing complex will be built for foster kids that have gotten too old to live with a foster family.

Can't recall it's name but KBTX did a segment on it awhile back.

Good project for the B/CS Community, IMO.
PS3D
war hymn aggie said:

Fat Sexy,

This complex will soon be demolished & a housing complex will be built for foster kids that have gotten too old to live with a foster family.

Can't recall it's name but KBTX did a segment on it awhile back.

Good project for the B/CS Community, IMO.

"Unlimited Potential"
James Russell
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Show me a word that rhymes with Pavement
chickencoupe16
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Ha! I never would have guessed it was song lyrics.

Same
EliteElectric
what a crappy band and song
Post removed:
by user
maroon barchetta
It might have belonged to Horticulture at some time in the past. Howdy Farm was over near that area. Maybe they kept some of their supplies in there.
jeffk
AG
I like how the broom is laying there in the last picture like someone just said "F this" during the final attempt at cleaning the building up.
FearNoWeevil
AG
There has been a crew working every once in a while the last couple of years tearing it down.
cypress-ag
AG
What's going into the old Carino's on Harvey? I saw them take off the tile roof and replace it with standing seem.
91_Aggie
AG
So I was just messing with Googlemaps and checking out the big lots on Rosemary drive.

I found this which looks like an Tennis or Basketball court that isn't clear if it is own by the house "above" it.

maybe someone liked tennis and then got old?
that is the old Luby's "southwest" of it"

PS3D
91_Aggie said:

So I was just messing with Googlemaps and checking out the big lots on Rosemary drive.

I found this which looks like an Tennis or Basketball court that isn't clear if it is own by the house "above" it.

maybe someone liked tennis and then got old?
that is the old Luby's "southwest" of it"

It's a separate lot from the house near it. Seems like the original owner split it in 2016, with selling the house in 2018.
Post removed:
by user
Dumbfounded
Poster above is correct about a previous owner separating his lot a while back.

Wayne and Annette Smith owned the home in the 60's and 70's. They both enjoyed tennis.
halibut sinclair
cypress-ag said:

What's going into the old Carino's on Harvey? I saw them take off the tile roof and replace it with standing seem.
Anchor Bar.
Post removed:
by user
91_Aggie
AG
Thanks for the drone shots.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.