Brazos Valley ~ Abandoned Places

93,242 Views | 447 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by goatchze
Post removed:
by user
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://esearch.brazoscad.org/Property/View/305083?year=2023&ownerId=84470

Built in 1950 according to Brazos CAD.

I don't even recall what all was in the shopping center before the new one. But the house must have sold some of its property behind it to the new one?

I know they sold the other side and broke up into the rental properties. Again, I don't know if the house owner did that. But I always thought it was weird the way they divided it up.
Post removed:
by user
toolshed
AG
I vaguely remember the old C&L auto on the corner where Mr Hamburger is. But I can't remember anything else on that property.
Post removed:
by user
maroon barchetta
What new high school?
maroon barchetta
The high school version of the one at Graham and Longmire?
AggiePhil
AG
FAT SEXY said:

This house sits on a big patch of land that is eventually going to become a new HS. It's located off of Longmire, close to the Graham Road intersection.

Coordinates: 30.574679, -96.283096

It's crazy to me that there are big vacant areas still around in this part of CS

Hospital and Water Tower off in the distance

Circle pen out in the middle of the place

That's located at Longmire and Bridle Gate, next to IL Texas. I remember going to a call there many years ago when the streets and neighborhoods were starting to surround it. I guess those folks don't live there anymore. They had a bit of a horse operation going on at the time, IIRC.
Capt.Starbuck
Yes, that will be the location of the new Aggieland High School for International Leadership of Texas. Current plans are to break ground next spring and open for school fall of 2025.
Post removed:
by user
JP76
Fwiw if you see 1950 for the date of the structure on bcad it can often be older than that. I know of 5 different structures that were built from 1920-1940 and all of them say 1950 on bcad.
Capt.Starbuck
From what I know, that owner is looking to sell high occupancy builder, I don't remember the price that was mentioned at our school construction meetings though.
Hewey Calloway
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Hewey Calloway said:

There was a post on one of the old ghost stories thread on the general board about this house. I wish I could find it.
Do you think you could remember the gist of the post, or is the memory too vague?

EDIT: Decided it might be a better idea to just use Google Photos to show this place.

Satellite View

Street View from August 2022

Street View from July 2022

I wish I could actually go there and explore the place. I can see how it could be really spooky at night. I hope that the ghost story emerges, because I'd really like to hear it.

Anybody know when this place was built? It doesn't look that old.

I spent a long time searching for the thread the other day. A lot longer than I shouldve at work. Basically the dude said he lived there in college. I don't remember the exact story. But he gave a good enough description of the house that I know it's that one. I do remember at the end of the post he had returned to town and was buying beer at the gas station on Texas near the house and was talking with the clerk about the house. The clerk claimed that workers that were there to begin demo of the house were chased out and refused to return. Hopefully I'm remembering that much right.

I'm really frustrated I cant find it. I haven't given up yet.
Hewey Calloway
AG
I've found references to the story in threads like THIS ONE So the post must've been before May 2012. I've even bought a star now to help me search all forums. This is really aggravating me.
trouble
AG
I have better luck using Google than the TexAgs search function
Post removed:
by user
ComfortAg
AG
FAT SEXY said:

This area used to be a part of Scott & White. A Clinic once stood here that was used for Dermatology(among other things)

The Clinic itself shows up on Google Maps street view photos in 2013, but it's gone in 2016.

Is this a serious post? Site of the original Scott & White Clinic, bought by the Pappas company. The depression is a drainage feature the clinic was built over. Had my first colonoscopy in that building. Good times!
Post removed:
by user
AggiePhil
AG
No basement but most of the building was on stilts, positioned above the retention area.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
AggiePhil
AG
I would've thought the same thing. It was definitely an unusual design!
BaronDeBishopville
Seems I recall the Pappadeaux people gave the extra site work was a reason they didn't build there. Like they weren't aware of it before they bought it.
techno-ag
AG
BaronDeBishopville said:

Seems I recall the Pappadeaux people gave the extra site work was a reason they didn't build there. Like they weren't aware of it before they bought it.
They're big into real estate.
TChaney
nwspmp said:

Does anyone know anything about the house behind the small strip center on Texas with Chubby's Public House and Cindies and such?

There's a house on the land between that strip center and the Ag Shack type houses that have popped up that looked abandoned for a while, and then went through some work, but I've never seen any sort of life from it.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/600+E+North+Ave,+Bryan,+TX+77801/@30.6370792,-96.3481267,143m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x864683c348706247:0xedb83a6d37090e99!8m2!3d30.6370744!4d-96.3479716!16s%2Fg%2F11c1cc3_12?entry=ttu

600 E North Ave.

BrazosCAD has it going all "Confidential" in 2008, which is something I've not seen in my somewhat limited time on BrazosCAD.

https://esearch.brazoscad.org/Property/View/305083?year=2023
Confidential usually means it's owned by a public figure, LEO or judges etc.
In this case it's owned by a Bryan politician.

crbongos
AG
Orr's grocery store was there until prob early 70s.
CRBongo
jello123
In reply to the abandoned house near North Ave and Holick. My peeps on the BCS FB page have some answers to this.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/199911356729314/posts/6445479932172394/?comment_id=6445513472169040&reply_comment_id=6445583968828657¬if_id=1689542559893471¬if_t=group_comment_mention
jello123
FAT SEXY said:

Hewey Calloway said:

There was a post on one of the old ghost stories thread on the general board about this house. I wish I could find it.
Do you think you could remember the gist of the post, or is the memory too vague?

EDIT: Decided it might be a better idea to just use Google Photos to show this place.

Satellite View

I wish I could actually go there and explore the place. I can see how it could be really spooky at night. I hope that the ghost story emerges, because I'd really like to hear it.

It belonged to Patience Chance Thomason. Her family had a plantation in the Brazos bottom. The house was in a trust until those front lots were sold off then the smaller houses built there. Patience has been dead for years. Lots of money in the family... Chance Plantation, later known as Buffalo Ranch, in the Brazos Bottom off FM 50. https://www.glo.texas.gov/land/state-lands/land-for-sale/property-files/155123/155123.pdf
techno-ag
AG
jello123 said:

FAT SEXY said:

Hewey Calloway said:

Satellite View

It belonged to Patience Chance Thomason. Her family had a plantation in the Brazos bottom. The house was in a trust until those front lots were sold off then the smaller houses built there. Patience has been dead for years. Lots of money in the family... Chance Plantation, later known as Buffalo Ranch, in the Brazos Bottom off FM 50. https://www.glo.texas.gov/land/state-lands/land-for-sale/property-files/155123/155123.pdf
Buffalo Ranch is run by inmates from Wallace Pack these days to grow food for the prison system.

https://theeagle.com/theeagle/texas-department-of-criminal-justice-leases-burleson-countys-buffalo-ranch/article_1b994357-9cab-5435-be58-c4bd5969961d.html
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.