Brazos Valley ~ Abandoned Places

92,824 Views | 447 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by goatchze
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you like threads like this, you definitely should be.
Chrundle the Great
AG
jello123 said:

In reply to the abandoned house near North Ave and Holick. My peeps on the BCS FB page have some answers to this.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/199911356729314/posts/6445479932172394/?comment_id=6445513472169040&reply_comment_id=6445583968828657¬if_id=1689542559893471¬if_t=group_comment_mention

I joined the group, but nothing about ghosts the comments so I am disappoint.
BlueMiles
AG
I saw that all of FAT SEXY's posts have been removed. Sad day.
maroon barchetta
Wow. There were some cool finds in those posts.
techno-ag
AG
BlueMiles said:

What happened?
MyNameIsJeff
AG
It's like his account got nuked or something. I can only see his posts that were quoted.
trouble
AG
it says user removed on the title as well
BCS-Ag
BlueMiles said:

Bummer, maybe staff can shed some light on how that can happen.
Hey Doc, my psoas is sore
maroon barchetta
I've seen this happen before when a user that frequents other boards wanted his account wiped.

Maybe Fat Sexy decided to quit this place! Perhaps they won the lotto and tapped out and are traveling the world.
ZweiackerHolmes
He might have also lost weight and they don't allow renames here.
trouble
AG
ZweiackerHolmes said:

You can change your username every 6 months if you want
PS3D
maroon barchetta said:

I've seen this happen before when a user that frequents other boards wanted his account wiped.

Maybe Fat Sexy decided to quit this place! Perhaps they won the lotto and tapped out and are traveling the world.
You can't just delete posts, FATSEXY had to ask admins to wipe everything.

When someone goes full DFE there's some drama elsewhere on the Internet.
maroon barchetta
DFE?
555-PINF
Delete Freaking Everything
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Hope all is good with him/her. I enjoyed this thread.
ZweiackerHolmes
trouble said:

ZweiackerHolmes said:

You can change your username every 6 months if you want
But he will prob have gained it back by then..
Hornbeck
555-PINF said:

Delete Freaking Everything

Maybe people found out who he / she is, and posts offended some to the point of threats, prompting them to wanting to have it nuked?
ratfacemcdougal
Hope everything is ok. I had him do a bunch of drone work for me. Great guy to deal with.
Steampunk-Kangaroo
Crap, all of FAT SEXY's posts are gone!
I really hope he's doing ok. I had exchanged some emails with him and was asking him for advice on how to get started with urban exploration. Seemed like a really nice guy.
--- Go and try, you'll never break me! ---
BCSWguru
did not want to create a separate thread for this...but I am in search of an abandoned cemetery, probably named Thomas Cemetery, and would have been out in the Kurten/Edge area. Has anyone heard of this or know where it might be? Its an African-American cemetery with the last burial I can find approximately 50 years ago. I have a couple of references to it in death notices in the 1970s, but nothing else. Thanks in advance.

Edited to add...the couple of notices I came across had memorial services at the Union Church there as you go into Edge.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I'll ask around. My family has owned land in both Edge and Kurten for 50+ years.
BaronDeBishopville
Find A Grave has 12 people listed as buried there. The latest was a Mr Edward Harris in 1976 by Jones & Washington Mortuary, also a Mrs Wooley in 1970 by Daniels Funeral Home. Perhaps someone at one of the funeral homes can help.
goatchze
AG
BCSWguru said:

did not want to create a separate thread for this...but I am in search of an abandoned cemetery, probably named Thomas Cemetery, and would have been out in the Kurten/Edge area. Has anyone heard of this or know where it might be? Its an African-American cemetery with the last burial I can find approximately 50 years ago. I have a couple of references to it in death notices in the 1970s, but nothing else. Thanks in advance.

Edited to add...the couple of notices I came across had memorial services at the Union Church there as you go into Edge.
Here are some people who would potentially know. I would imagine one of them could tell you where Thomas Cemetery is, and whether it is on the grounds of Union Baptist out in Edge. These might be the same ones you mention in your edit.

Looks like Daniel and Son did a funeral 53 years ago for Mrs. Wooley and appear to still be in business. Even if the cemetery isn't active, they probably have an idea where it is. Here's their mention from find-a-grave.

And it looks like the Cemetery was in fact in Edge from this news snip.

You might also try contacting Roy Elliott. He is listed on BCAD as the agent for "First Baptist Church of Edge" which owns the property that is Union Baptist Church. I don't know if that congregation still meets, but I drive by their often and the grounds seem to be kept up.

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.8640046,-96.3105982,3a,75y,343.96h,92.5t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sXteh2S2Vp7XyXhS4yz8m7A!2e0!5s20210401T000000!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

This is it on BCAD:

https://esearch.brazoscad.org/Property/View/11529

You'll notice that, on street view, the sign says "Robert Mayes" is (or was) the pastor. The oldest grave in that small cemetery, according to find-a-grave, is Mack Mayes. You might try contacting the lady that posted Mack's picture. It was only about 5 years ago, and it looks like you can message her on that site.

I'll bet one of the above sources will be able to get you the information you need. (Disclaimer: I don't know any of them, but I drive by that church all the time).
Andrew Dufresne
Looks like OP left this thread.. Abandoned
techno-ag
AG
Excellent work. TexAgs knows stuff.
BCSWguru
I actually called Jones today and he referred me to a Rev. Green, who has a bunch of family at the House Cemetery.

I appreciate the info. That Union church meets still as I see cars there when I roll out to the BBQ joint in Edge on Sundays.
goatchze
AG
Well, did you find the cemetery?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.