Brazos Valley ~ Abandoned Places

93,241 Views | 447 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by goatchze
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggiePhil said:

UmustBKidding said:

Don't think that was fox foto, though it was pickup location for mr gagme's at the time of construction. Fnb bryan ceased to exist in 2007 when Franklin bankshares purchase it.

What was Mr. Gagne's? Also, First National Bank is still around. It's the same as First Convenience Bank, which is in a lot of Walmart stores (including ours).

First National is now Prosperity Bank. A bunch of former First National owners and officers started The Bank & Trust, which is now First Financial Bank.
UmustBKidding
Guess texags decided i intended the angry icon
Yes first national bank of bryan through a chain of acquisitions and takeovers after failures is part of prosperity bankshares. And yes the bryan family and most of the officers at fnb bryan started banktbt that was acquired by first financial. I have accounts at both. But other poster was saying that First national still exists locally, but its not fnb bryan but fnb texas. Unfortunately there are dozens of first national banks and first federal all unrelated. The atm at college and university was a fnb bryan location. Now if we could get the traffic circle, drive in theater and the pace of life back from that era i would be ecstatic.
AggiePhil
AG
There's a really interesting building on Texas next to First Watch that used to be a real estate office. Looks like a regular old single story building from the front but is built on a slope and opens up to have a basement type situation in the back with a garage, boat, etc.
jello123
AggiePhil said:

There's a really interesting building on Texas next to First Watch that used to be a real estate office. Looks like a regular old single story building from the front but is built on a slope and opens up to have a basement type situation in the back with a garage, boat, etc.
Interesting... Curious how that lower level is assessable for vehicles? Tax rolls state: 2000 sf- Main Area, 2000 sf- storage. I figure the storage portion is the basement? Then under "property land" - Commercial .2296 and Flood .8801
AggiePhil
AG
Not sure, you'll have to let us know!
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Fleen
halibut sinclair said:

Married Student Housing is what it used to be called.

My mom and dad lives there when they were new. When I told my dad they were being torn down he said "What? They just built those!?"
Dad, that was almost 50 years ago...
Fleen
nwspmp said:

Does anyone know anything about the house behind the small strip center on Texas with Chubby's Public House and Cindies and such?

There's a house on the land between that strip center and the Ag Shack type houses that have popped up that looked abandoned for a while, and then went through some work, but I've never seen any sort of life from it.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/600+E+North+Ave,+Bryan,+TX+77801/@30.6370792,-96.3481267,143m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x864683c348706247:0xedb83a6d37090e99!8m2!3d30.6370744!4d-96.3479716!16s%2Fg%2F11c1cc3_12?entry=ttu

600 E North Ave.

BrazosCAD has it going all "Confidential" in 2008, which is something I've not seen in my somewhat limited time on BrazosCAD.

https://esearch.brazoscad.org/Property/View/305083?year=2023

Interesting, that's literally across the street (North) from me...
Abbyag06
I drive by this house daily and haven't seen any movement in several months.
tb9665
There are 2 houses on Rosemary that are vacant and have been for awhile. They have been overgrown for some years. I don't know the addresses for them but often wonder about them.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
AggiePhil
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Edit to remove pics

Huh?
CEAg78
AG
Rosemary in CS or Rosemary in Bryan?
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
Post removed:
by user
maroon barchetta
tb9665
Rosemary in Bryan
Drundel
AG
PS3D said:

That tobacco store used to be (until around 2000), the Texan, one of the area's best restaurants.

I forgot about Chicken Oil. They posted back in October that they'd reopen in 2023 but it's been total radio silence since then. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Found this thread by random, but damn, hate to hear that about the COC. Ate there a lot while going to school and now my buddy has a hunting camp sorta close by and we would stop by in there on the way back home.
CEAg78
AG
I heard Chicken Oil is making progress. No details.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
trouble
AG
I haven't seen anyone there in months. This was the last time I saw anyone address it.

Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
CWIsom
This used to be operated by BWOC
maroon barchetta
CWIsom said:

Big White Octopus Cartel??
CWIsom
Bryan Woodbine Operating Company- Bryan Woodbine Gathering
BlueMiles
AG
I guess they might have attended Camp Strake those years.

Camp Strake (near Conroe) was scheduled to close and relocate a few years ago. Here is a link describing some of the history of this Boy Scout camp.
EBrazosAg
AG
Strake closed. Traded it for land further out. It's a subdivision under development now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
EBrazosAg said:

Strake closed. Traded it for land further out. It's a subdivision under development now.

It's open again. Just in a different location.
halibut sinclair
maroon barchetta said:

CWIsom said:

Big White Octopus Cartel??

How long you lived here to not know about BWOC? I knew many people that worked there over the years. And many royalty owners around here got checks from them.
Post removed:
by user
jello123
These aerials from 1957 and 1986 are of that property. My guess is that it was a stand for a water tank placed over a water well???

https://ibb.co/ZX38Qy8
https://ibb.co/qrLdNLv
MyNameIsJeff
AG
A lot of your posts contain places I drive by on a weekly, if not daily, basis and never give a second thought.

Really enjoyed scrolling through here.
Post removed:
by user
Hewey Calloway
AG
Fleen said:

nwspmp said:

Does anyone know anything about the house behind the small strip center on Texas with Chubby's Public House and Cindies and such?

There's a house on the land between that strip center and the Ag Shack type houses that have popped up that looked abandoned for a while, and then went through some work, but I've never seen any sort of life from it.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/600+E+North+Ave,+Bryan,+TX+77801/@30.6370792,-96.3481267,143m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x864683c348706247:0xedb83a6d37090e99!8m2!3d30.6370744!4d-96.3479716!16s%2Fg%2F11c1cc3_12?entry=ttu

600 E North Ave.

BrazosCAD has it going all "Confidential" in 2008, which is something I've not seen in my somewhat limited time on BrazosCAD.

https://esearch.brazoscad.org/Property/View/305083?year=2023

Interesting, that's literally across the street (North) from me...
There was a post on one of the old ghost stories thread on the general board about this house. I wish I could find it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.