Outdoors
Sponsored by

2021 Big Game Draw Deadlines

59,265 Views | 709 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ttha_aggie_09
Sully Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No Elk tag here for Wyoming. Though Nevada Elk comes out at the end of the week. I think I'm 50% draw odds there.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
hbc07
AG
Got my WYO-25 cow tag. Went in with 0 points so I'm happy to pull anything.
[url]http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com[/url]
Aggie Hunter
AG
Yes sir I got drawn. Leave on Idaho bear/wolf hunt tomorrow so I have been packing. I will be headed to Wyoming elk on sept 29
BQ_2010
AG
Unsuccessful with 1 PP. What a letdown from getting drawn last year with 0
Aggie Hunter
AG
We will be hunting unit 67. Went in with 3 points look like you needed 2.1.
harge57
AG
Drew the General tag with 3 points. Point creep was crazy, only 41% drew with 3 points. Last year anything above 2.5 was 100%. Most sites thought 3 would be 100%. I was thinking it would be closer to 95%.
Sully Dog
hbc07 said:

Got my WYO-25 cow tag. Went in with 0 points so I'm happy to pull anything
Good work. That's a good unit. Bring an atv if you have one.
Sully Dog
cupofjoe04 said:

AgDad121619 said:

stdeb11 said:

https://www.themeateater.com/hunt/big-game/the-case-against-hunter-recruitment
. He makes some great points. - and we all want our private spots but I think they will still be there. - may have to work a little harder to find them.

Not to be contrarian, but I literally see them disappearing every year. I have watched the pressure and traffic increase exponentially in just the 5 years I have lived here. It all depends on the unit here in CO. If OTC or they are handing out tags like candy- hidden spots are disappearing fast. And they are probably already gone. 200 yards off the road, or 12 miles back- it doesn't seem to matter. I find people everywhere.

Last year on spring turkey opener, I treed a young ton in a very much overlooked and hidden spot. I was with him 4 out of 5 days leading up to season. Never saw so much as a vehicle track. Opening morning, I arrive at 4am, only to find 3 other vehicles there with hunters crowded into the box canyon that is maybe 100 acres. I set up on the back side, figuring they would push the bird. Before long, 4-5 other vehicles show up. When the bird starts gobbling on the limb- you could literally see flashlights climbing the hill right at him from almost all directions. He pitched early, flew several hundred yards, and was running before he hit the ground.

All that, for a turkey.

The problem is real, and there is no easy solution.

Buy land, my friends. Buy land.
It's not that easy. If you live in the a Western State there are limits on what you can shoot, even as a landowner. I'm not guaranteed a tag, and even if I get one it's not good for elk, antelope etc.

In a lot of states an elk tag was OTC for residents. More a more pressure from out of state residents and even growth in state is making those days long gone. Now if I draw a bull tag in Nevada I have to wait 7 years before I can draw again. Cow is 5 years. Buying land doesn't solve that problem.

Quote:

Drew the General tag with 3 points. Point creep was crazy, only 41% drew with 3 points. Last year anything above 2.5 was 100%. Most sites thought 3 would be 100%. I was thinking it would be closer to 95%.
I'm hoping this resurgence in western big game hunting will back off a bit. I need 5 points just to get an ****ing buck antelope right now. They used to give those things away.
Sully Dog
Am I the only one here that hunts Nevada?

Either way, Nevada just announced they are posting draws early. It will be tonight at midnight.
arrow
AG
I'm pretty sure Mtn_Guide hunts Nevada. I apply every year. Never hunted there.
Sully Dog
Where/what are you applying for?
arrow
AG
Desert and Cali sheep, elk, and mule deer. Bunch of long shots. Which most non-res tags are long shots there. I drew a 1% tag last year in Montana. Someone has to draw. For me, it's worth applying.

TX_COWDOC
AG
Sully Dog said:

Am I the only one here that hunts Nevada?

Either way, Nevada just announced they are posting draws early. It will be tonight at midnight.
Have lots of points but haven't applied yet. NM this year, WY next year, NV in 2023?
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
Sully Dog
If you guys ever hunt units 101-104 make sure to bring your duck gear. The Ruby Valley has some of the best duck hunting I've ever experienced. It's just so far out in the middle of nowhere no one hunts it and it's so far from the next water the ducks just pile in there.
Sully Dog
Skunked on all tags as an resident hunter. Too many people moving in from California. Guys with 7 points couldn't even get a buck tag.
hbc07
AG
Sully Dog said:

hbc07 said:

Got my WYO-25 cow tag. Went in with 0 points so I'm happy to pull anything
Good work. That's a good unit. Bring an atv if you have one.
Noted. May be able to bring FIL's, but no guarantee. It'll be my uncle and I out there, and we're currently trying to game plan everything since it'll be the first hunt out West for both of us. Currently trying to make a packing list and figuring out what i have/what i need to upgrade/what i need to buy.
[url]http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com[/url]
Maverick06
AG
CO should post this week correct?
AgEng06
AG
Yes, I believe so.
Buck Compton
AG
I was preference point only this year in CO and got my email notification this afternoon, so drawings should be posted soon.
aggie_2010
AG
My CO black bear preference point notification just hit my email. Hopefully the other results follow soon with a tag in the mix.
meggy09
AG
How did it end up last year? Same thing we're they gave a week window and basically released a species a day ending with deer and elk and the last 2 days?
AgEng06
AG
Looks like CCs are getting hit for CO deer tags now...
TH36
Well I hope that's not a bad sign for me. Mine hasn't been charged. Still nothing posted on account either. Do they tell you if you don't get drawn?
AgEng06
AG
Looks like it still may be going on, don't give up hope yet.

And I don't think you'll get a rejection email, but you should get one if you draw or get a point.
TikkaShooter
No CC hit here.

Hoping the draw is still going....
mneisch
AG
No hit yet for me either.
K_P
AG
I scored a first lite catalyst jacket for my birthday. (Honestly can't believe my wife picked it with zero guidance - total surprise.)

Their return/exchange window is pretty short, and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything with the uncompahgree jacket? The catalyst is comfortable, but maybe a touch tighter in the arm pits, like more of a bow hunting cut in the arm pit and sleeve.

I'll be on a mule deer hunt 2nd rifle north-central colorado. Anybody tried both?
BrazosBQ
AG
CC hit for CO
Sully Dog
Quote:

I scored a first lite catalyst jacket for my birthday. (Honestly can't believe my wife picked it with zero guidance - total surprise.)
She's been looking at your browsing history.
mneisch
AG
mneisch said:

No hit yet for me either.
Just kidding, I apparently forgot which credit card I used for my app. I was hit this morning for mule deer.
AgEng06
AG
I've never worn the Catalyst, but I have zero complaints on my Unpronounceable. It has gone with me everywhere on every hunt since 2017.
TH36
If I put our first choice as a preference point I should see something at least, right? Which means my application for my group probably hasn't been processed yet?

Y'all are getting me worried lol. I put the tag we want as second choice since that's what it showed to be last year but I'm wondering if more people wanted that tag this year cause the season dates changed. Oh well.
mpl35
AG
I have multiple CC hits but I can't tell. Put in for all kinds of points for my son in addition to tags. And he's a kid so in Colorado as a resident those are dirt cheap. Not sure it they are combining or what
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Will you get a notification either way? I haven't seen anything on my pronghorn hunt or preference points for elk and bighorn
Streetfighter 02
AG
BrazosBQ said:

CC hit for CO
Same.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.