Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread 2018

459,324 Views | 2229 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JD Shellnut
Rocky Top Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We've seen a lot of snake activity lately so I finally broke down and created an imgur account so I could share photos.

Copperhead #1 found on our place. Hubs found him while working on fence and clearing brush.
[img][/img]

Copperhead #2 found on our place (less than a week after the first one). Hubs found this one clearing brush, nearly same spot as the first one.
[img][/img]

One of our resident speckled kingsnakes. The 5-year old almost grabbed him when checking the chicken coop for eggs! Obviously, we got him out of the coop but let him live. We like having "good" snakes around.
[img][/img]

Hognose hubs saw while checking our cows.
[img][/img]

Brother-in-law sent this pic to us. He works for the railroad and saw this cottonmouth while working on tracks.
[img][/img]

And finally, the kids and I saw this cottonmouth yesterday afternoon at a state park. We were on a boardwalk and he was about 2 feet away.
[img][/img]
zooguy96
That's what my Eastern Hognose looks like, except that he has a little more orange near his head.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Badace52
AG
Great pics!!
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jgh85Ag
AG
Aren't all US snakes non-posionous?
Badace52
AG
I bet if you ate the venom glands of any venomous North American snake you would feel pretty poisoned...
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
12f Mane
AG
Nice pics. Don't know the full technique, but a pocket knife to the head of a copperhead seems like a great way to get bit.
agcrock2005
AG
12f Mane said:

Nice pics. Don't know the full technique, but a pocket knife to the head of a copperhead seems like a great way to get bit.
I thought the same thing...a shovel seems a little safer if it had to be killed.
tunefx
AG
Rocky Top Aggie said:

We've seen a lot of snake activity lately so I finally broke down and created an imgur account so I could share photos.

Copperhead #1 found on our place. Hubs found him while working on fence and clearing brush.
[img][/img]
Is that a knife through its head?
moses hall ag
AG
https://i.redd.it/lkovvfj8wl111.jpg

Alabaster Alabama
inside water meter box

What is this?
Badace52
AG
Posting help:

Answer: Brown snake, Storeria dekayi
CM
moses hall ag
AG
Thanks for the help.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
As they saying goes, "Jesus take the wheel."

https://www.facebook.com/OrphanedBabyOpossums/videos/10156327425531678/

Post on FB linked to my neighborhood page about opossum being immune to copperhead venom and training them to hunt venomous snakes because they are "plentiful and dangerous in our area."
AstroAggie15
AG
?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Is this a brown snake? Caught him running from my mower. Glad I didn't mow over him
Badace52
AG
Do you have a picture from the top or one with better resolution? I really can't tell much based off that pic.
CM
Ol Jock 99
AG
Based on that picture, I'm going with chocolate covered pretzel.
MathNewman06
AG
howdy2u
AG
Seen near Waxahachie:

12f Mane
AG
Bullsnake and a pretty good find for the area. About as far east as they go in Texas
agent-maroon
AG
howdy2u said:

Seen near Waxahachie:

That's a beauty!
txags92
AG
agent-maroon said:

howdy2u said:

Seen near Waxahachie:

That's a beauty!
Am I the only one who can no longer read that phrase without hearing it in my head with Steve Irwin's Aussie accent?
Serious Lee
bullsnake/plains ratsnake is to me now what yellow belly/blotched/cottonmouth used to be.
howdy2u
AG
Thanks y'all!
nonameag99
12f Mane said:

Don't worry, the knife looks like a Moore maker
reddog90
AG

Checkered garter snake?

Mills County, TX
Tursiops93
Cen-Tex
AG

near Forsan, Tx
Your Friend
Looks like a western diamondback. I'm sure that was a sleepless night
agent-maroon
AG
Have a family member in Snyder that had the same experience with a rattler in the laundry room just last week (no pics). Be careful out there
Scoopen Skwert
AG
I'd have to move if I saw that.
SA_Ag93
AG
Damn...time for some new screens on the windows and dryer vent!
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Multiple copperhead sighting in my 'hood in McKinney over the last few weeks. the 1st and 3rd pics were taken by neighbors on my street, which has the wife freakin the **** out. Shes scared to let the dogs out back. So trying to talk her off the ledge is going to be fun. I told her we really dont have any where for them to hide in our yard.

Texmid
AG
Where was that f$%@#$ng second picture taken?
agcrock2005
AG
**** THAT!
Badace52
AG
Copperhead bite won't kill a dog.
CM
Badace52
AG
Correct.
CM

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.