Diablo IV

92,270 Views | 1186 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Cromagnum
javajaws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At 65 finally got my fire sorc through the t4 capstone last night. The increasing difficulty in t4 is definitely appreciated since t3 had become a joke everything had become way too easy. I think they need to buff t3 difficulty slightly so that it stays a little harder a little longer. I totally skipped t2. Now I get to enjoy shopping for new ancestral gear until I max out what is possible with a fire sorc until Blizz buffs sorcs and fixes resists (which totally borks sorc survivability in its current ineffective form).
AtlAg05
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Madmarttigan said:

Was doing a tier 40 and I ran into 3x cold enchanted quill rats.

Never got a chance to move.
There needs to be diminishing returns on CC.

At least don't let them stack.

I've gotten stun locked from the guys that's do the big hits with their swords. Seemed like as they hit it would reset the counter each hit.
All I do is Nguyen
Hit lvl 70 today and been in T4 since lvl 58. The gear upgrades have slowed significantly but the paragon points and Lilith statue boosts are very helpful
No matter what
Prime0882
AG
I'm only level 56, but have started of mainly focus on finding all the Altars of Lilith since it's (hopefully) a one time thing going forward. I was using a necro build that was mostly minion focused with bone spear and just moved to a Blood Siphon build I found on Fextralife's Youtube channel and am loving the change. I don't really have too much gear/aspects to support it yet, but the fact it already feels viable means either WT3 is just easy or the build is legit.

It might be blasphemous to say as a Necro, but I think I am preferring a build without minions. I know I was routinely sending bone spears into my own group of skeletons and only having to focus on my character is nice.
Fuzzbutt
AG
I know it doesn't really matter, but found one of my first unique items and then all of a sudden Diablo crashed and I lost the item. I had it equipped, but I guess not long enough to get saved. It's not in my stash or inventory. Strange thing is that it saved the quest progress.
aezmvp
I feel like such a filthy casual just picking this up earlier this week and only being in act 3.
Hagen95
AG
The bloodmancer build is very good and quite tanky. I always liked minion builds for necro since they do all the work but I tried the bloodmancer out and it was easy to use. I've since switched to a bone spirit build in WT4 but it requires a specific unique drop to make it work.

BenFiasco14
AG
At what level should I be able to solo the T3 capstone into T4? I'm a lvl 58 fire sorcerer and T3 is turning into a cakewalk, even the upper level nightmare dungeon tiers.

I tried the capstone last night and could tell almost immediately I wasn't going to be able to do it.

Something wrong with my build? Should I be able to solo it at 58?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DallasTeleAg
BenFiasco14 said:

At what level should I be able to solo the T3 capstone into T4? I'm a lvl 58 fire sorcerer and T3 is turning into a cakewalk, even the upper level nightmare dungeon tiers.

I tried the capstone last night and could tell almost immediately I wasn't going to be able to do it.

How are we to know without knowing your buid?

I solo'd at 63 on my rogue. The issue will be kiting the boss, because I don't think you can face tank him as a sorc. Maybe respec into a spec that allows you to face tank so you can beat it?
BenFiasco14
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

How are we to know without knowing your buid?

I solo'd at 63 on my rogue. The issue will be kiting the boss, because I don't think you can face tank him as a sorc. Maybe respec into a spec that allows you to face tank so you can beat it?

I meant more generally, without having to know my build. In other words, if you can't solo at X level, it must mean your build isn't right. Maybe I'll just get some help.
aggiebonzo
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

I'm stuck too. Upgrading my gear really hit a wall so figured I would try the Tier 3 capstone dungeon at level 60. I was able to clear my way to the boss fight with limited issues but Elias was just too much. Figured I will just keep grinding and leveling up more and try the boss right again. I'm able to clear 15-20 NM dungeons with relative ease. My biggest gripe is there seems to be no improvement of better drops regardless of NM tier.
BenFiasco14
AG
aggiebonzo said:

BenFiasco14 said:

I'm stuck too. Upgrading my gear really hit a wall so figured I would try the Tier 3 capstone dungeon at level 60. I was able to clear my way to the boss fight with limited issues but Elias was just too much. Figured I will just keep grinding and leveling up more and try the boss right again. I'm able to clear 15-20 NM dungeons with relative ease. My biggest gripe is there seems to be no improvement of better drops regardless of NM tier.

Well, if you want a sorcerer buddy, my battle net tag is Benfiasco#1420 and I'm also in the texags clan.
javajaws
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

As a fire sorc I couldn't beat the last boss at 61 - just kept getting 1 shot. 64-65 and I could. At least have the extra 4 paragon points for 2-3 renown areas. Fire sorc is weak though...even getting to t4 at 64-65 you'll struggle. I'd suggest farming all renown on t3 then go to t4.

Oh and at 66 I've decided to stop playing my fire sorc until they make some changes. Rolling a barb now.

CypressAg09
AG
DallasTeleAg
Finally maxed renown... what a slog...
javajaws
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Finally maxed renown... what a slog...
...and you have to do it for each alt.

Not having to do the Altars again is a mixed bag...yeah you don't have to go do them again, but you do have to make up the points you would have gotten through other means.
AgDev01
AG
The only reason to max renown in alts is for a pitiful amount of gold. The skills and paragon points carry over
Madmarttigan
AG
Apparently the way renown works in new seasons is you will automatically get all the renown for discovering every area and all the renown from altars. The rest you will have to farm again.

I would be ok with it if side quest rewards were better.
Formerly tv1113
AgDev01
AG
statues and discovery should be about 800 or so each zone which will put you right under finishing the third tier for all of them. Do the three strong holds and you are over halfway done with tier 4.

After farming the aspects for your class in each zone you are decent chunk into tier 5. i plan on just running each dugeon again to level and by doing that it should only be a handful of quests ill need to do per zone and most of those should be turning in items i get from mob drops.
javajaws
AG
AgDev01 said:

The only reason to max renown in alts is for a pitiful amount of gold. The skills and paragon points carry over
Oh wow I didn't realize that. Thx for the info!
Hagen95
AG
AgDev01 said:

If this is the case, I am happy.
PeekingDuck
AG
That's exactly how it works. And obols are shared, of course.
DallasTeleAg
Madmarttigan said:

Apparently the way renown works in new seasons is you will automatically get all the renown for discovering every area and all the renown from altars. The rest you will have to farm again.

I would be ok with it if side quest rewards were better.
Exactly.

They need to make the quest rewards worth it, which shouldn't be a big deal. Increase Exp reward, give us some obuls, and more important mats or a better chance at a good Rare item.
htownag08
AG
Just got the game and have never played Diablo before...holy cow there is a lot here. Working on a Rogue and found a build that seems to be pretty universally praised but man, there is a lot to take in. Real fun game so far!

Any tips are greatly appreciated! I was reading back through the thread and clearly i've got a lot of grinding ahead.
txag2k
AG
Maxroll.gg is a great resource for leveling and end game content. Watch some YouTube on rookie mistakes regarding upgrading too early and eating materials etc. Also tips and tricks that will save time. Have fun and join our clan if interested!
BenFiasco14
AG
htownag08 said:

Just got the game and have never played Diablo before...holy cow there is a lot here. Working on a Rogue and found a build that seems to be pretty universally praised but man, there is a lot to take in. Real fun game so far!

Any tips are greatly appreciated! I was reading back through the thread and clearly i've got a lot of grinding ahead.

Tips? Git gud!
txag2k
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Git gud!
HAH! That's my internal dialogue every time I die
Breggy Popup
AG
PeekingDuck said:

Speaking of obols...how do you guys spend them? Just blow them as you get them? I have been using them just enough to stay under the cap for when more drop. I just don't have an idea of their value once in the upper levels.
DallasTeleAg
htownag08 said:

Have you ever played any AARPG? I ask because it definitely is its own style of game, which some people love and some people don't gel with. You can obviously just play through the main story line and enjoy that, but the main point around AARPG's after the short campaigns is simply to grind and incrementally increase the power of your character.

Definitely follow Maxroll's guides. Their contributors theorycraft the crap out of the game, so they've already taken every stat and attribute into account. Sure, you can sub things here or there if you want. Hell, it's a game, do whatever you want to do to have fun. But if you are truly wanting to be as powerful as you can be, they've already done all the work to figure that out.

For myself, the jury is still out on how I will play the game once the Seasons begin. There are so many other games i'd rather play and things i'd rather do than grind from 70-100. At a certain point, it feels like work and i'm no longer into it. I enjoyed how I could start a new D3 season, and complete the season journey for all the cosmetic rewards in about a week or two of casual playing. I'd then move on to other games and come back for the new season.

With D4, there is no way i'm playing every season if I have to level all the way to 100 and do all the renown crap. This was my biggest feedback for Blizzard after the end-game beta. There are some players who are perfectly happy with the goal being to play 6 hours a day to get as many toons to 100 as possible, replacing a piece of gear every 4 hours of gameplay. For me, that will get tiring really quick. I want endgame goals I can accomplish in 1 hour of gameplay. I am looking for that exciting "thing", whatever it is, to happen at least a couple times an evening when I am playing.

Only reason I'm playing it so much now is because it's new, I was taking a breath from TotK, and Starfield is not out yet to take all my free time. Also, this does fit in as one of those games I can play while watching TimCast and relaxing in the evenings, which will eventually be taken by Cities Skylines 2.
DallasTeleAg
Bregxit said:

PeekingDuck said:

Speaking of obols...how do you guys spend them? Just blow them as you get them? I have been using them just enough to stay under the cap for when more drop. I just don't have an idea of their value once in the upper levels.
I wait for the gambler to have Ancestral options for a gear slot I am looking for, then spend them all gambling. I've heard competing narratives on whether you can get uniques from gambling, so I don't know for sure.

If you didn't know, when you look at the gambler's wares, you can see either the sacred or ancestral effect over some items. This changes and determines which ones have a chance to be ancestral.
AgDev01
AG
For a Druid starting out and leveling with Pulverize gamble on Totems. that should give you the best odds of shockwave. After you get that enchant it on gloves or amulet and you are good.

For a Barb you will definitely want to gamble on rings for shout cooldown/fury regen
Breggy Popup
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Bregxit said:

PeekingDuck said:

I wait for the gambler to have Ancestral options for a gear slot I am looking for, then spend them all gambling. I've heard competing narratives on whether you can get uniques from gambling, so I don't know for sure.

If you didn't know, when you look at the gambler's wares, you can see either the sacred or ancestral effect over some items. This changes and determines which ones have a chance to be ancestral.

I didn't know that! I assume ancestral only shows up in T4? Sacred in T3?
htownag08
AG
Nope - never played anything like it before really. Had some buddies get it so I grabbed it too. With kids i don't get too much time to play so not expecting to max out pieces and grind for crazy hours but wanted a change of pace from Call of Duty.

A little worried about having the season resets and how that'll impact when i'm more casual but we will see!
DallasTeleAg
Seasons have no affect on your character. They are simply 3 month periods where the devs invite new mechanics and loot. In order to participate in a season and get this new loot, you have to start a new seasonal character. After the 3 month season, all your seasonal characters are converted to a normal character.

It's basically a way to bring you back to the game every 3 months because there are differences. In D3, you had around 40 or so achievements to get each season, which various stages of completion that awarded you important gear for certain builds, and cosmetic options. It would take you 1-2 weeks to complete casually, if you knew what you were doing.

Getting from 1 to 100 on D4 looks to be about a 60-70 hour grind. That's a full freaking game, which i'm not doing every 3 months.
DallasTeleAg
Correct. You want to get to T4 as soon as you can. No reason to max out sacred items from enchanting in T3, because they will all be replaced in T4.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.