*****Official Destiny 2 PS4 Thread*****

201,228 Views | 2624 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by kill0509
Beezy2389
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

For those at work
spieg12
AG
Go away beezy!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Just got home for lunch ready to do this thing!
BreNayPop
AG
Its go time
Pac1698
AG
Yeah, go away Breezy!!
Beezy2389
AG
"failed to download configuration files from bungie servers"

time to keep mashing
BreNayPop
AG
Me too
FightinTexasAg15
AG
THats what I'm getting
BreNayPop
AG
In.

And then after choosing titan lost connection
Beezy2389
AG
In!
KidDoc
AG
Beezy2389 said:

"failed to download configuration files from bungie servers"

time to keep mashing

Yup same here.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BreNayPop
AG
These servers will be crazy today.
kill0509
AG
Stupid termites!!
Beezy2389
AG
appearing offline? we've got a party going
kill0509
AG
Be there in a sec, kinda in the middle of something...
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Sorry to drop off like that, got a call from work and had to get back ASAP. That opening mission was awesome though. Did not do great in my first PvP match though lol.
koadie
AG
Things I've noticed so far....

The guns feel really really good. Range means a whole heck of a lot while using them. IE Auto rifles close ish I'd estimate 25 meters or less at an effeicient range. Further than that I used a scout. I've not used a pulse o a submachine gun.

Time to kill, we've all heard it, but it definitely feels noticeably longer. When my guts were telling me to step away from the fight, I actually ended up getting the kill.

Headshot points are no longer a thing, however, DPS wise it's still the same.

I played hunter today, I'll be doing titan tonight.

You guys tell me where I'm wrong. This was from an hour of play.

Eph: 2:8
Tex117
AG
littlebrotherag said:

Things I've noticed so far....

The guns feel really really good. Range means a whole heck of a lot while using them. IE Auto rifles close ish I'd estimate 25 meters or less at an effeicient range. Further than that I used a scout. I've not used a pulse o a submachine gun.

Time to kill, we've all heard it, but it definitely feels noticeably longer. When my guts were telling me to step away from the fight, I actually ended up getting the kill.

Headshot points are no longer a thing, however, DPS wise it's still the same.

I played hunter today, I'll be doing titan tonight.

You guys tell me where I'm wrong. This was from an hour of play.
The guns feel a little different. Didn't get enough time to really get a better feel for it other than it felt different.

I think the TTK was a bit longer (though we have all been running high power characters for awhile on D1).

I thought the grenade cool downs were a bit low.

Overall, gawd-damn, did it feel good to be back.
KidDoc
AG
I'm still trying to figure everything out. I played a bit of Destiny 1 but by the time I got into the PS4 it was already old & established so I gave up and decided to just wait for this release. SO I expect a bit of a learning curve but it seems fun.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
titanmaster_race
kill0509 said:

Now he shows up...

Life has conspired to zap my destiny time as of late.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
My observations (from one hour of play):

- Definitely takes more time to kill things, and recharge rates for grenades and supers are slower but the supers (at least the Sentinel) felt more powerful.
- The hand cannon felt great, and the gatling gun thing was awesome
- Felt weird as a Titan without skating
- Played 1 game of PvP, definitely took some getting used to (had a piece of gear drop at the end)
KidDoc
AG
So I'm assuming the lvl 20 start thing is because it is beta and they want to boost you to test certain aspects of the game. Are we going to start lvl 1 in release?

What is max level anyway?
kill0509
AG
Max level through the original destiny changed as new content dropped. At the beginning of year 1, the max level actually was level 20. Then it bumped to 30, then 34, and finally 40.

I agree that grenades seem to take FOREVER to recharge right now. Will take some getting used to. TTK is definitely slower. Still figuring out a good balance on crucible. Range definitely plays a factor. Still trying to find my happy place on loadout for crucible. My K/D is very inconsistent from one match to the next right now.

My favorite right now is still the Captain America Titan thus far in the beta! Feels like home!!
Beezy2389
AG
I just started my titan and holy crap, striker's super would be wayyyy over powered if crucible was 6v6. You start it with a smash, can do multiple more smashes, and can shoulder charge.
koadie
AG
I did pole dancer, gotta say the dodge is pretty nice.

Eph: 2:8
Bulldog73
AG
I brought my PlayStation with me to babysit my nephews this week to be able to play the beta. But i forgot a controller. Ugh.
Saxsoon
AG
Are there supposed to be so few options on the guns and armor when it comes to perks?
Beezy2389
AG
Yep, they chose to streamline everything so new players can jump in. Not my favorite decision, same reason for the subclass changes.
Saxsoon
AG
Also the scout seems super weak in the demo, hopefully they can tune that a little bit. Pulse feels great though.

That is really disappointing on the perks.
Beezy2389
AG
I had an omolon pulse rifle that sucked big time. Haven't found a scout I liked yet either. Hand cannons feel good, sniper felt good, some smgs were great others terrible
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I got a better devils hand cannon drop in the strike and that thing hits hard
titanmaster_race
Trying to download the beta, but it says "Cannot Install". Anyone else had this issue? I preordered months ago, so I should have access.

Edit: the system update that I thought had installed didn't get pushed through. I bet that's it.

Edit 2: 11.1 gigs???? Holy internet speed throttling batman
Pac1698
AG
The strike was actually challenging, I believe it took almost 30 minutes to finish. I'm digging the shade step with the auto reload and I really like all the new sound effects.
Coby
AG
Go to Walmart, get one, and return it when you're done.

I'm not sure I'd feel great doing that, but I have a friend who has done stuff like that a lot.

Also...downloading that beta overnight. Add me up top: cobizzle
KidDoc
AG
Enjoying the overall gameplay but disappointed in how limited the beta is, I thought it would be more of the full game not just a few zones.

It is a good chance to see if you like the basic gameplay and to try the different classes. I feel like the gameplay in PVE feels very different from PVP where the time to kill is very very short relative to the bullet sponge feel of many PVE enemies. I like the titan in PVE but they seem pretty bad in PVP. In D1 how much of the gameplay was PVP vs PVE? Does it just depend on what you want to do at the moment?

Still need to try the hunter, right now leaning towards Dawnbreak warlock.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.