Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls updates from BlizzCon

69,487 Views | 598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wheatables02
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel like I forget witch doctors even exist. I never see anyone on one lol.
Madmarttigan
AG
I feel like I forget witch doctors even exist. I never see anyone on one lol.
SemperGigEm
PMD03
AG
I leveled one to 70 with this bonus exp weekend. Played it for a few minutes. Went back to the wizard. It was like test driving a corolla when I am used to a corvette.
srob2004
AG
I play a WD mostly. Apparently they have now allowed your critical hit damage to scale to your pets. (pets used to have a flat +50%) I did not notice this yesterday but I'll have to take a closer look for sure. Also appears like Fetishes are weaker from a health/armor standpoint... have to test today.

On a bright note, after the patch I think I've found a dozen oranges and 1 set item in just a couple of hours, so not too shabby.

Currently doing about 410K dps (modified) and 7.4 million toughness, on that pet based WD.

[This message has been edited by srob2004 (edited 4/9/2014 8:06a).]
SwigAg11
AG
I noticed a bump in orange/green drop rates post patch. Also, I definitely took a hit in DPS with "Arcane Orb correction"
txag2k
AG
FO nerf --> had to change my build but as a wiz, I'm pretty used to it.

quote:
I noticed a bump in orange/green drop rates post patch.

I haven't :/
Civen
AG
I figured a correction to frozen orb must have been incoming. It was just so much better than the other runes.

For a while I was trying an elec/stun build, with electrocute and arcane orb/elec rune. In theory, the electric rune should work about the same as frozen orb (Travels along a straight path, does AoE damage to everything nearby along the way), but in practice the area affected by the AoE seemed way smaller and the DPS just wasn't in the same league.

I'll miss ya frozen orb, you were awesome.
Krussian09
AG
quote:
I haven't :/

I was playing during lunch and was able to gamble three legendaries with ~60 blood shards all within 5 min window.

I got a magefist, mempo and a tyreal's might.
txag2k
AG
quote:
I was playing during lunch and was able to gamble three legendaries with ~60 blood shards all within 5 min window.

I got a magefist, mempo and a tyreal's might.

dammit Larry.
Wheatables02
AG
I've never gotten a legendary from shards and just got my first from bounties after about thirty complete runs.

[This message has been edited by wheatables02 (edited 4/10/2014 7:54p).]
bbattbq01
AG
I've received 1 legendary from shards. Set of shoulders I think.
Madmarttigan
AG
Why are some people so lucky lol.
bbattbq01
AG
Got another shoulders last night... Crappy set of homing pads that got turned into a gem slot on my crusaders weapon
Prime0882
AG
Logged on last night to run a rift and do a set of bounties just to see the changes.

3 legendaries dropped within the first 3 minutes of setting foot into the rift, thought it was crazy and wondered if the drop rate may have been bugged a bit too high.

All 3 ended up being turned into Forgotten Souls in the end, but was cool seeing them drop a bit more often.
srob2004
AG
i'm running rifts now and have been less than successful with drops.... it seems the hotfix nerfed the hell outta drops(for me) or maybe i'm just not sacrificing enough to the RNG gods.
PMD03
AG
I am getting a ton of the crafted legendary and set patterns. Unfortunately, they all seem terrible and a waste of a soul.
txag2k
AG
http://www.diabloprogress.com/ was recently updated to reflect elemental damage, toughness, healing and other stuffs like dam to elites. Also added clan rankings. If you get a chance, register and you'll see a better representation of your character as opposed to the blizz profile page.
bbattbq01
AG
I ran 2 rifts on T1 last night after getting my crusader to 70, just got a forgotten soul from second rift boss, no other drops.
Gangnam Style
AG
Anyone else hitting a softcap on items? I'm sorta stuck at 1 million sheet DPS while I'm looking for 4 more pieces of the Jade set + witching hour.
Hagen95
AG
quote:
I am getting a ton of the crafted legendary and set patterns. Unfortunately, they all seem terrible and a waste of a soul.

Yes. The initial rush of finally being able to craft that singular item that will make you invincible (or nearly so) is soon chilled by the realization that it sucks. There is a reason the company is called Blizzard.
Madmarttigan
AG
I am capped on items for the most part. I still only have 2/6 on marauders. I could do with cindercoat, soj, and that one ring that lowers set requirement. Other than that don't know where to move on with my DH lol.
Naveronski
AG
IS there any sort of TA community or whatever?
Madmarttigan
AG
We have a clan I think it is just texags or texas aggies. Clan tag is tamu.
Wheatables02
AG
ttt!

getting on tonight..
Bodie Broadus
So.... How's the new patch? At work and can only watch people stream on Twitch.
PMD03
AG
Was 2.0.5 last night? I played some once servers were back up but didn't run any bounties.
txag2k
AG
quote:
Was 2.0.5 last night? I played some once servers were back up but didn't run any bounties.

Nope, still @ 2.0.4. Was just really long maintenance.
wasabi1787
AG
Got my wiz to 1.1M char sheet dps. With 36 percent arcane bonus. Had been running a lightning build, but arcane is so OP
txag2k
AG
Registered on DiabloProgress? Gives a way better break down on your DPS/toughness/mitigation/etc.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/txag2k-1789/VernaRose/17113969

almost 1.6m sheet against elites ~2k all res and ~9K armor buffed.
Madmarttigan
AG
I honestly can't decide between my barb and crusader. I feel like the crusader is tanker and takes out groups better, but barb has double the single target damage. If I ever managed to find any damn fire gear in this game I might have better AoE and single target in the barb but there appears to be no such thing as ele ammy/cinder/magefist for me.
txag2k
AG
Crusader has been fun but MM gave me the idea of putting all my str gear on my barb so I'll get him to 70 for some WW fun this weekend.
Floydburger
AG
I run a Lightning WW barb. Just need an Odyn's Son for my second wep and I'd be in great shape. Starting to work on a wizard too.

Also, thanks for the invite yesterday.
Krussian09
AG
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/krussian-1180/Jbweld/2614947
txag2k
AG
Dammit Larry! Add your clan on there

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.