Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls updates from BlizzCon

70,134 Views | 598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wheatables02
benMath08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hopped on real quick to accept the clan invites, looks like we're up to 8 people.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
Btw if you ID a unique on a different character it gives the right main stat. Tried it on my barb after finding a sword on my DH. Gave me the appropriate strength stat.

Oh damn. Means I can just gather legs on my DH and just give to my other classes to ID then. Awesome.
Madmarttigan
AG
If my crossbow had a socket I would be using it. It is definitely pretty good but not an upgrade without that
Cromagnum
AG
How are your toons? My DH is over 360k dps and over 450k toughness.
srob2004
AG
Can y'all send me an invite if you have not already for the clan?

bnet: captdyck
benMath08
AG
If you search clans for TexAgs you should be able to join it yourself. I'll just need to accept it next time I log on, which will be tonight. I think regular members can invite people as well. I'm not sure if regular members can accept people who just searched for the clan, if not I'll make a bunch of you "officers" so you can.
Madmarttigan
AG
I keep finding awesome weapons that have no socket and would be amazing with a socket but are a slight downgrade without it.
Madmarttigan
AG
Have also been trying pure boss runs just to see if I get much out of it but only rares so far. Did solo diablo on torment 4 but does take a while.
benMath08
AG
I've been having the most fun with my monk so far, he's about 85k damage and 550k toughness. I have about +45% holy damage from items which makes the bell attack pretty strong (forgot the real name). I can do torment 1 ok but I have to use the healing mantra and not conviction.

My barb is around 100k damage and my DH at about 130k before sharpshooter.
BeefAg_00~
When does this come out for PS4?
Wheatables02
AG
U guys all playing PC? Haven't played in over a year but sounds like it's fun again. Clan?
jlb2957
AG
Wheat

TAMU in the community tab and you will find us.
boboguitar
AG
Will be looking y'all up
bbattbq01
AG
Put in to join tamu.
benMath08
AG
Up to 15 members
Hagen95
AG
The few tips I have encountered.

You can farm Mira on the hardest level for 9.5 million exp. It gets boring quick, but if you just want to level quick, very easy to do so.

It seems to me the puzzle ring and the summoned goblin improve the drop rate of legendaries.

I'm staring to see crusader drops as well. I'm sure I will start a char once it hits.
boboguitar
AG
Whoever I've been farming with, gigem.

[This message has been edited by boboguitar (edited 3/3/2014 9:46p).]
ziggity06
50% bonus xp starting today http://www.blizzposts.com/blogentry/en/123708/50-bonus-xp-in-diablo-iii-limited-time-only
Madmarttigan
AG
Hard difficulty in general on torment 5 was giving me a crap ton of experience but elites take a long time to drop. People are saying paragon should get even easier at 70 but who knows.
benMath08
AG
quote:
Hard difficulty in general on torment 5 was giving me a crap ton of experience but elites take a long time to drop. People are saying paragon should get even easier at 70 but who knows.

I think you get more experience from the kills but I also think that the relative difficulty of all difficulty levels is higher at level 70 than 60.
bbattbq01
AG
As melee I couldn't handle anything over t2 solo... Some elites (electricity!) are really hard on t2 for me as well.

Can't imagine t5... The stupid skeletons before you even get to town in act 1 would probably kill me!
benMath08
AG
quote:
As melee I couldn't handle anything over t2 solo... Some elites (electricity!) are really hard on t2 for me as well.

Can't imagine t5... The stupid skeletons before you even get to town in act 1 would probably kill me!

Once you've got enough toughness and life regen (life on hit in particular) it gets a lot better. My monk doesn't even keep any defensive skills any more except for the intimidation rune on mantra of conviction. His problem at the moment is doing enough damage at the higher torment levels, but I haven't found a weapon upgrade for him yet and I was never super rich before.
benMath08
AG
We should post some stuff we've learned about patch 2.0 that might not be obvious.

One cool thing is that you teleport directly to a player by right clicking on their portrait. You don't have to go to town.

Another is that the damage bonus from from +% elemental skills on gear is multiplicative, not additive. In other words, after all your bonuses have been added up to get your "paper doll" damage that's displayed on your character screen, if you use a skill for which you have +% elemental damage it will multiply your damage by that value. So if you can manage to stack +50% cold damage from your gear and you cast a frozen orb you will get a 50% damage increase AFTER all of your buffs and other bonuses have been calculated. This isn't represented on the paper doll damage so you'll have to keep it in mind when comparing items. As far as I know the +damage type on your weapon is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is the damage type of the skill w/ rune.

[This message has been edited by benMath08 (edited 3/4/2014 11:15a).]
PMD03
AG
I did some torment 6 Mira runs as someone suggested. Was doing it with another guy and each of us got 18 million exp per run, with 2-3 rares each. One legendary dropped in 4 runs.
Rule Number 32
AG
Been having fun in game the last few days. The new loot system is pretty nice. I am just now starting Act 4 on Master though, so I am significantly behind everyone else in the guild it seems. My new wizard build based around electricity and cold orb seems to tear stuff up though, so thats nice. With any luck, I'll kill Diablo tonight or tomorrow on Master and then work up to some of the harder difficulties.

Question: how do you farm bosses? As in how do you select which quest or area to start in? I haven't ever figured that out.
benMath08
AG
quote:
Question: how do you farm bosses? As in how do you select which quest or area to start in? I haven't ever figured that out.

At the moment simply playing the game is a good way to get loot. There are maybe a couple areas that are marginally better to farm but unless you're really picky I don't think it matters. Just play whatever areas you think are the funnest.

There is the semi-exploit with the blacksmith's wife quest mentioned above. I wouldn't be surprised to see it nerfed though. I'm not a huge fan of the super short and repetitive farming runs anyways.
Madmarttigan
AG
I did not realize I have a 19% phys damage neck i ignored because i thought that wouldnt be an increase. Interesting information, do you have a source or have you just tested this out with skills.
Madmarttigan
AG
and secondly, F maintenance!
benMath08
AG
I've seen it posted in a couple different places, but I haven't verified it myself other than to notice an increase when using certain gear. I haven't checked the exact numbers.
Hagen95
AG
According to the blizzard forums, they have already fixed the mira exploit.
benMath08
AG
quote:
Btw if you ID a unique on a different character it gives the right main stat. Tried it on my barb after finding a sword on my DH. Gave me the appropriate strength stat.

After further evaluation, either you IDed an item that always has strength, you got strength as a random attribute in addition to main stat, or this is incorrect. Three items I picked up with my wizard were IDed by either a barb or monk, all three rolled int only.
Prime0882
AG
^ Also found that out.
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah I don't know how I did it then. Only did it once though.
bbattbq01
AG
FYI if you want to try any of the other characters now is a great time with the xp
Buff! Started a wizard and through act I (playing on hard) I'm Lvl 34. Pretty sure that's where you used to be after beating the game on normal mode!
benMath08
AG
quote:
FYI if you want to try any of the other characters now is a great time with the xp
Buff! Started a wizard and through act I (playing on hard) I'm Lvl 34. Pretty sure that's where you used to be after beating the game on normal mode!

I was playing a witch doctor the other day and leveling so fast even loot 2.0 couldn't keep up with the monster levels increasing so fast.

Looks like we've got 22 people in the clan so far, not bad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.