Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls updates from BlizzCon

69,496 Views | 598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wheatables02
Hagen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I tried to create a Crusader since it showed up in the character menu. No luck.
bbattbq01
AG
Yah, it's gonna suck getting leveling the crusader after getting so much free xp before the expansion hits!
AtlAg05
AG
Nah, just find a socketed helm and a hellfire ring and you're good.
srob2004
AG
Blizz could make some extra money if they did like a lot of the MOBA games do and allow folks to buy some extra EXP time.

You could buy say 5 hours of game play @ +50%exp or something like that.
benMath08
AG
Diamonds recently became searchable on the auction house and are selling for stupid amounts. If you're like me and have been picking them up and not doing anything you can make a couple million easily, more if you're played a lot. Regular star diamonds were selling for 2.5.

Considering all current gems will be worthless in reaper of souls I would unload everything you've got and get some gold so you have enough for crafting at level 70. I doubt the diamond price will stay this high for long.
PMD03
AG
What will gold be good for in RoS? Crafting and repairs?
benMath08
AG
quote:
What will gold be good for in RoS? Crafting and repairs?

Pretty much. More to the point, our current gems and crafting mats will be worthless. Level 61-70 recipes use different materials and gems will drop from monsters that are better than the max-level gems in the game today.

Also, without an auction house there will be no quick way to get gold.
PMD03
AG
A friend of mine found a really good item and sold it for over 600,000,000 a year or so ago. I think I have occasionally come close to having 10,000,000. He is so gonna outgear/craft me in RoS. I didn't mind it so much now since that could only afford him one good item off the AH.
benMath08
AG
If you find the plans for the Hallowed Defender set you should be able to sell it for 100million+ at the moment. I made the mistake of teaching it to my blacksmith, which means it will never drop for me again...
Americium
AG
Grinding items and paragon exp is getting stale pre-release for me. I really hope all the new added modes and features will provide for some real replayability like I had with D2.

I'd really like them to release the information regarding increases in legendary drop rates for increasing Torment levels. I've been trying to test legendary drop rates now comparing normal vs torment 1 and haven't seen much of a difference yet. I know there are "torment only" items, but I'm not sure the drop rate seems to be any different for ones not on the list.

As a long time Diablo fan, I'd really like to see this expansion making the game truly fun again.
Hagen95
AG
Are they always going to account bind the legendaries? Sure would be nice to unload some of these to other players later on.
bbattbq01
AG
Yes, they'll always be account bound.
boboguitar
AG
quote:
Are they always going to account bind the legendaries? Sure would be nice to unload some of these to other players later on.

They are getting rid of the AH, there's no great way to unload them. You'll notice however that you can trade the legendaries with group members for two hours after you get one.
BlackGold
AG
Thinking about getting into Diablo III. Is the PC or Xbox version better? Also, what is up with the auction house?

I played a lot of DII and still have 100,000 FG from D2jsp website that I could spend (not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about).

I just generally want to know if it is worth getting into.
Madmarttigan
AG
The way it is now is a lot more reminiscent of oldschool D2, and yes I know what d2jsp is to help back my opinion .

There isn't trading anymore but the excitement of drops is back to where it should be.
BlackGold
AG
quote:
The way it is now is a lot more reminiscent of oldschool D2, and yes I know what d2jsp is to help back my opinion .

There isn't trading anymore but the excitement of drops is back to where it should be.

You can't trade at all?
BlackGold
AG
What am I supposed to spend all that FG on? I coulda bought like 4 08Valks, several sets of 32020s and like a perfect zeal pally. Not including a ton of other stuff.
Madmarttigan
AG
hmm.. I suppose you could use it on godly rares in the future... those can still be traded, BUT legendaries and sets no go.
BlackGold
AG
I should buy more party hats.
bbattbq01
AG
One more week... Hopefully I manage to finish infamous before Tuesday!

Cromagnum
AG
I'm screwed between ROS, FFX HD today, and Infamous on Friday.
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah I'm kind of dealing with titanfall addiction so dunno when I will get this.
Prime0882
AG
Looks like Blizzard finally found a way to get me back into Diablo.

Been playing this a lot lately, even finally got my first Hellfire Rings, and could see sitting Infamous on the shelf to play ROS first. Loot 2.0 has really changed the pace of the game, and I've been enjoying the loot hunt again, as well as some of the legendary pieces that can alter your playstyle. Looking forward to Act V next week, as well as finally starting up Adventure mode.
PMD03
AG
I like playing with a semi-regular group. Even if you all are a bunch of weirdos from TexAgs.

The clan and loot 2.0 have made the game as fun as it should have always been. I am hoping the extra bells and whistles in the expansion continue to improve it.
jlb2957
AG
I definitely enjoy the new system and clan aspect as well. Fun to always have ags to play with.
AliasMan02
AG
All very interesting. I have too many other games on my list to play to pick this up right now, but I'll be picking this up for the xbone or MAYBE PC after a while.

I love the Diablo franchise, but am not enough of a grinder to play with other people. I figure for playing solo, the console might be the way to go.
bbattbq01
AG
I've always been a diablo soloer myself, but the texags clan is pretty fun!

Found an awesome sword last night, kinda sad it's going to be worthless in a few days!
boboguitar
AG
Texags clan.
Prime0882
AG
The clan system has been great, been enjoying playing with some of the Ags off of here. Heading to NYC on Friday, but will be back for the xpac and looking running through adventure mode with y'all.

That said, after a great drought (for me) of gaming goodness I've become overwhelmed with stuff I've got sitting around.

FFX Remaster came in last night (forgot I had preordered).
Infamous Second Son - this Friday
The Banner Saga - still sitting and waiting for me on Steam
Xenoblade Chronicles - found for cheap, not a recent game, but supposed to be on of the best recent RPGs out there.
South Park:The Stick of Truth - My Jew needs some love.
Shadowrun Returns: DLC
The Last of Us: DLC
Bioshock Infinite: DLC

Been a lot of good stuff to come out in a little over a month's time!

[This message has been edited by JRC0811 (edited 3/19/2014 9:27a).]
bbattbq01
AG
Finally got hellfire ring today and am all set for go live tomorrow at 11!

May try to log in earlier and try for another ring, just need spine for another.

Madmarttigan
AG
I went ahead and bought the ex pak.
Wheatables02
AG
Me too
Cromagnum
AG
You guys getting digitall patch, or buying from brick and mortar? I went digital for vanillaz but haven't decided this time.
Wheatables02
AG
Digital
Cromagnum
AG
Can you preload the game today before tomorrow? If so I may set it to download tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.