Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls updates from BlizzCon

70,138 Views | 598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wheatables02
Krussian09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a Thunderfury and broke 1 mil sheet dps.

Prime0882
AG
Glad something came out of those key runs, because it wasn't keys. Got lucky running Act V for a specific bounty later while trying to by my Cosmic Strand mat... Had a Hallowed Protectors set drop.
txag2k
AG
nice. I only find $#!tty legs, but at least it gets you mats for crafting
PMD03
AG
Yeah it was a good night for drops. Thunderfury took the top prize imo. So jealous.
Prime0882
AG
Can't be too greedy since I replaced both my shoulders and boots last night with the Indestructible legendary shoulders, and the first piece of my Firebird's set in the boots. Plus, a nice 1her with socket... That was a nicely rolled Thunderfury though.

Was surprised at how bad the drops were on the keys. Think in that whole time that we worked on it I only got 4, maybe.

Reading that the Glowing Ore mat for crafting the Cosmic Strand wizard OH is also very rare. With my bad luck on OH items, going to farm that a bit before heading back to the key runs.
Krussian09
AG
Got like 3 of each key. Act 4 keywarden is a stingy mofo.
Madmarttigan
AG
So I realize now I should have bought more gold. I accidentally wasted my money enchanting rare bracers for a perfect fired mg roll, blowing a mil every time. I had no idea it was that much and now have 1 mil to my name. I used to have 150.
Madmarttigan
AG
So I realize now I should have bought more gold. I accidentally wasted my money enchanting rare bracers for a perfect fired mg roll, blowing a mil every time. I had no idea it was that much and now have 1 mil to my name. I used to have 150.
srob2004
AG
I need to get more keys. Just beat Act V last night with my WD and got a nice Sever for my troubles. (on master level)

Doing some bounties at master level but think I can bump it up to T1.

I'm at 320K raw DPS (382K actual with Piece the veil)and 7.6 million toughness (567K health).

Running a full pet(gargantuan, dogs, spider queen)/fire bat/fetish build.

Fetishes run over crap so nicely....

Loving the exp and the new looting, etc.

[This message has been edited by srob2004 (edited 4/3/2014 2:20p).]

[This message has been edited by srob2004 (edited 4/3/2014 2:21p).]
boboguitar
AG
T2 isn't too bad, I'm able to roll through that content without much trouble(At 800k dps and 7 mill toughness). T3 is just another beast though, I feel like there is a huge jump in how hard things hit and how much health they have.

If I could ever get a decent source I'd be set..
PMD03
AG
I've been doing act 3 bounties mostly as it seems that is always the bonus for me. I can do Torment 4 using fire chains with the Maximus sword, but it still takes too long to be effective farming. I think T2 and T3 are where the money is at now for quick farming. I like T2 solo, T3 with a group, especially with a tank.
boboguitar
AG
You going to be on? I'd like to do t3 bounties.
Bodie Broadus
Add me to the clan! Tyrone#1984
txag2k
AG
quote:
Add me to the clan! Tyrone#1984

Done! I'll be farming the crap out of Act1 this weekend looking for that dam royal ring.
Hagen95
AG
Do the legendary materials drop at any difficulty? I need the Malthael mat and he is such a ***** to kill at higher levels,let alone farm for.
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
Do the legendary materials drop at any difficulty? I need the Malthael mat and he is such a ***** to kill at higher levels,let alone farm for.

Yes, but chances are less.
Krussian09
AG
Pretty sure maltheals crafting mat drop rate is lower than intended. Blizzard said they were going to rework crafting drops rates to be more in line with deaths breath drops.
Madmarttigan
AG
Reapers fear is possibly glitched from what I have read so I would not attempt to farm it currently unless you are lucky and got it on your first kill.

I dunno if anyone is building a fire dmg char but I am trying to farm the shattered core mat for the devastator fire dmg mace. Let me know if you want to team up.
Prime0882
AG
Wanted to gauge the interest of a group of y'all that would be interested in farming keys solo, or just over time, and meeting on a certain day next week to do ubers and try for our Hellfire Keys.

I've currently have the ability to make 1 machine of each type (4 total machines) and have been farming solo the Keywardens on T1. Been able to clear them all generally in about 20 minutes per run. Seems like this is quicker than in a group normally.

So, long story short, looking for 2 to 3 other people to try to farm 3 of each machine, and then meet some day soon to take on the ubers in T3 or T4 difficulty to better our changes for drops.
Hagen95
AG
I like that idea but the key generating gods have placed a no key curse upon me. I'm sure I'll be grinding tonight at the altar of key warden to no avail.
Madmarttigan
AG
Hellfire ring isn't much of an interest for me unfortunately.

A farming strat I want to try with 3 other geared people is starting adventure mode and each heading into a different act and completing bounties and everyone reaping the gold and experience and rift fragments/shards. When you finish your individual acts you team up and rape act V. Then you open up 5 horadric chests at the end and reap the rewards! Looks like a really good idea.
Krussian09
AG
I'm up for that
rollo.Gator
AG
I got back into this with the expansion release and the new changes have really made this fun again.

Couple questions. Why did they remove the percentages and hard numbers from the skills tool tips? It's very annoying trying to make decisions between abilities without even a percentage modifier to go off of.

What sites are yall using for your information? I've gone to a couple but have found many very out of date even to the point of having some runes that are completely different in the currentlive version. Would really help me if I had a good place to go to help make build decisions.
rollo.Gator
AG
DP

[This message has been edited by rollo.Gator (edited 4/7/2014 10:33a).]
benMath08
AG
quote:
Couple questions. Why did they remove the percentages and hard numbers from the skills tool tips? It's very annoying trying to make decisions between abilities without even a percentage modifier to go off of.

There's a gameplay option, something like "show advanced tooltips". You'll want to turn that on, as well as "elective mode" which gives you more freedom in how you can arrange your skill bar.

If you just want a skill calculator you can use the one on the official blizzard site. For most news and commentary I check out diablo.incgamers.com and www.diablofans.com.
txag2k
AG
quote:
Reapers fear is possibly glitched from what I have read so I would not attempt to farm it currently unless you are lucky and got it on your first kill.

I dunno if anyone is building a fire dmg char but I am trying to farm the shattered core mat for the devastator fire dmg mace. Let me know if you want to team up.

definitely broke atm. 4 of us ran 6 times through @ T1 and no one had a single drop. Equiv. of 24 runs and not a single drop. I know RNG and all but i would've imagined that one of us... would have got 1 piece on at least 1 of those runs.
srob2004
AG
Patch incoming today!

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48018-diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-first-patch-2-0-4

For me as a WD player and a Crusader, got some decent buffs to the basic WD skills. Tweaked around some crusader stuff as well.
boboguitar
AG
I for one, welcome our crusador overlords.
Wheatables02
AG
I got reaper fear yesterday from slaying maltheal on T1. I can use it to craft legendary reaper wraps once I find the damn ascended bracers.

[This message has been edited by Wheatables02 (edited 4/8/2014 12:33p).]
Marsh
AG
Hmm, not sure if I like the changes to Haunt for WD. The less mana cost is great, but such a big hit on the mana regeneration for draining spirit. Might have to change my build, as I'd usually spam haunt on a bunch of minions (for unlimited mana) and then acid cloud/corpse bomb them down with pretty much unlimited mana the entire time.
benMath08
AG
quote:
Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the Frozen Orb bonus damage radius was hitting a larger area than intended

I'm interested to see what the difference is. It always felt to me like frozen orb was a bit more powerful than the other skills but I thought it might just be because I enjoyed the play style.
quote:
Death's Breaths are no longer required for level 61-70 Rare crafting recipes

This will actually make it a lot easier to get ideal or near-ideal rares when you combine with enchanting.
quote:
The drop rate of unique Legendary crafting materials has been significantly increased

Hallelujah!
quote:
Malthael is now much more afraid, and will more consistently drop the Reaper's Fear Legendary crafting material

Nice, would like to do some more farming this evening since I have the plan.

[This message has been edited by benMath08 (edited 4/8/2014 1:12p).]
Hagen95
AG
Nice to see the patch out. Will try to farm Malthael again tonight.
srob2004
AG
quote:
Hmm, not sure if I like the changes to Haunt for WD. The less mana cost is great, but such a big hit on the mana regeneration for draining spirit. Might have to change my build, as I'd usually spam haunt on a bunch of minions (for unlimited mana) and then acid cloud/corpse bomb them down with pretty much unlimited mana the entire time.

I just logged in during lunch to test it out. I'm running a heavy pet build with FS+Vampire Bats and Zombie Wall. I had been using spider queen as a no mana alternative but was looking for more...

So I replaced it with Haunt + RoE and I have mana for days.... It cost 50 mana and you get 100 back for 10 secs (10/sec). I use the haunt rune that spawns multiple spirits and I'm running over stuff nicely. Also helped that I picked up a pair of Tasker and Theo gloves as well.... those little buggers are fast now!
Prime0882
AG
Saw the story behind the name for the Theo and Tasker gloves recently. Didn't know Theo was a British bomb detection dog and his handler was Lance Corporal Liam Tasker.

LCpl Tasker died in Afghanistan after being shot by a sniper, with the dog passing due to a seizure a few hours after his death, believed due to the stress of LCpl Tasker passing. Pretty nice tribute by Blizzard.

[This message has been edited by JRC0811 (edited 4/8/2014 2:25p).]
Marsh
AG
quote:
quote:

I just logged in during lunch to test it out. I'm running a heavy pet build with FS+Vampire Bats and Zombie Wall. I had been using spider queen as a no mana alternative but was looking for more...

So I replaced it with Haunt + RoE and I have mana for days.... It cost 50 mana and you get 100 back for 10 secs (10/sec). I use the haunt rune that spawns multiple spirits and I'm running over stuff nicely. Also helped that I picked up a pair of Tasker and Theo gloves as well.... those little buggers are fast now!

Yeah, RoE is good, but for haunt, you really need to run RoE and creeping death, I think... add that with a really mana intensive spell like acid cloud and large groups of enemies (with your dogs/follower tanking) go down super fast. Creeping death is so OP with haunt because the spell stays on pretty much everyone until they die (doesn't stay on bosses like Mathael, unfortunately), which means you are regenerating mana the entire time... so put it on 4-5 monsters and basically it regenerates mana as fast as you can spend it with a real spell (like I said, I use acid cloud).

That was pre-patch, so not sure how it transfers with reduced mana regen on haunt/draining spirit, as I haven't played it yet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.