Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls updates from BlizzCon

69,478 Views | 598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wheatables02
Average Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sitting at 1.3mil sheet dmg (1.7 self buffed) on my wiz. I got my third piece of firebirds yesterday (have chest, helm, and shoulder now), but having a kid today so no gaming for me for a while.
Floydburger
AG
Congrats on the kiddo!
PMD03
AG
According to Diablo progress, my wizard is #404 in America!

In armor!

I need to get a shield and rocket to #1!
kbassil
AG
We're making Diablo3 the focus of our Game Night tonight (Points Matter) if any one cares to join us. If you have any questions about GN I'll be happy to answer them. Its really just a time/day that people schedule ahead of time to meet up and play. Been pretty worthwhile for busy gamers who like to know their friends will be on at a set time. Also useful to get full groups for maximum loots.
txag2k
AG
What is GN? But more importantly, congrats on the kiddo AJ!

[This message has been edited by Txag2k (edited 5/1/2014 4:56p).]
Krussian09
AG
GN = Game Night
Average Joe
AG
Thanks guys! Our little girl graced us with her presence at 4:44 pm tonight. She's our little princess. Her and her mother are doing amazingly! Both very healthy.

Oh, and her mom is a Wii gamer, but she looks like me so I'll get her into the real thing.
Madmarttigan
AG
That site says im at almost 2 mil elite ele dps.
txag2k
AG
anyone else have a mumble server they can offer up for the clan to use? Ours died
Floydburger
AG
My friends and I use steam chat, but it's so damn unreliable.
Bass to Mouth
Always the work in progress, but I am enjoying rolling around with a lightning build on my wiz:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/handbanana-1759/Senderkin/39198517

I can reliably do up to Tor 5 solo, just takes a bit longer. Tor 4 is definitely more my speed with drop rates vs time invested.
Hagen95
AG
I've used Teamspeak pretty well in the past but never actually tried to run a server. Fix your stuff 2k.
kbassil
AG
txag2k - Our Teamspeak is open for anyone to use. Just navigate to TS.PointsMatter.com and leave the password field blank.

Also, if you want your own password protected TS room or forum space on the site, just let me know. I'll set you up.
EconAg10
AG
yea, txag2k. There is a diablo 3 channel already up on the pointsmatter TS. You can usually find Krussian or I there.
txag2k
AG
I'll post the TS info on there so either can be used.
SemperGigEm
AG
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-legendary-drop-rates-revealed
AtlAg05
AG
Ha, same drop rate in torment for a wailing host and SoJ. That makes sense.
Bass to Mouth
According to the Gambling Exploit:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-legendary-gambling-exploit-choose-your-own-item

You can play in the same game until the server goes down for maintenance and not have any chance whatsoever at getting the item you're seeking.
Americium
AG
I really don't like that concept of a preset loot table.

I think the game is starting to get a little stale for me with no trading community. I guess the question still remains, how long will it still be fun?
PMD03
AG
There will be more new things, but Diablo is just another spinning hamster wheel like a lot of games.

quote:
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls won't be the last new content released for the game. Blizzard said that they're working on a major update for the game that will add both PvP and PvE endgame.

The player-versus-player crowd has been asking for a ladder system and Blizzard intends to deliver. The first content update for the game will include competitive Seasons.

"We're still working on them, but the general gist is that you'll level up a new character, we'll have specific ladders for Seasons, and also some goodies that will drop along the way," said D3 director Josh Mosqueira (via DiabloFans). "There's more information of that to come, and we're not making an announcement of when, but that's coming in the first major content patch - not the first patch, but the first major content patch."

D3. The game shipped without any competitive component. They eventually added brawling, informal battles for up to four players. Perhaps the new ladder system will make PvP feel like a true component of the game, though.

Blizzard is also developing "Tiered Rifts." They're an extension of the randomized dungeons ("Nephalem Rifts") featured in Reaper's Adventure Mode. After completing a Rift, you'll get a Greater Rift Token that gives you access to a harder Rift. Completing that dungeon, in turn, gives you a Rank 2 key for an even harder Rift. Leaderboards will show you what tier other players achieved and how quickly they did it.

Finding new loot is one of the main reasons that D3 players keep delving into dungeons. To ensure that players always have something to strive for, Blizzard plans to add more legendary items to the mix. Some of these Legendaries will be earned through the PvP Seasons or Tiered Rifts. The criteria for earning these items is currently unclear, though. We'll have to wait until Blizzard shares more detail on each of these features.

Ladders and Tiered Rifts will be included in Patch 2.1. Blizzard expects this update to go live in a couple months.
txagman1998
AG
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/diablo-3-ultimate-evil-edition-confirmed-for-both-xbox-one-and-ps4-coming-this-august/1100-6419572/

Reaper of Souls confirmed for August 19th release for PS3/PS4/XB360/XB1.
txag2k
AG
2.0.5 is live.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14138344/patch-205-now-live-5-13-2014
bbattbq01
AG
Tried to play and crashed every time I tried to run a rift. About done wit D3 again I think.
txag2k
AG
Wheatables02
Madmarttigan
AG
Damn you, I still don't have the lord of bells to get the achievement.
srob2004
AG
Tried out the +100% loot for the anniversary week. Ended up getting 2x legendaries, 1x set gloves, 1x forgotten souls, 1x legendary recipe in about 45 mins on T1. (full act 1 bounty+1x rift+additional just running around)

Seems to be ok, I'm going to go up to T2 today and see if that is better/about the same. Didn't notice a big increase in rift keys or shards.
txag2k
AG
Had a great weekend with drops. Falling for everyone in the clan one after another. AgDog for 2 freaking TF last night in one rift :/
AtlAg05
AG
That was awesome.

ccaggie05
AG
How are people liking RoS on PC so far? I have the base game I bought way back at launch but I dropped it a few weeks afterwards due to server and loot issues at the time.

After hearing all the raving about the console version, I've been trying to decide if I should hold out for D3 on the PS4 or just go ahead and pick up RoS on PC. Are the console versions getting updates and patches like the PC version, or is the PC version way ahead in terms of updates?
AtlAg05
AG
I would say it's fairly popular on PC. We have on most nights around 15 ppl on just from the Texags clan.
Krussian09
AG
So it looks like the legendary drop buff will be permanent.
Civen
AG
Thank god. Makes the game so much more enjoyable to reasonably expect to get something useful in a normal play session.

Also seems a lot more possible to gear up multiple characters while playing casually now too.
srob2004
AG
I played two acts worth of bounties today and ended up with 3x legendaries, 2x set items, and 4x recipes.

Anyone notice that recipes are dropping like hot potatoes? I think I got more in the last week than my whole time playing D3.

I need to get a RRoG... that's what I'm really missing. Where has everyone found theirs?
Hagen95
AG
The best chance for RRoG falls in Act 1 bounties. I believe any item can fall in Act 4 bounties as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.