Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls updates from BlizzCon

70,891 Views | 598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wheatables02
benMath08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
you are at the mercy of the RNG

Perhaps Diablo isn't the series for you
SF2004
AG
quote:
Perhaps Diablo isn't the series for you

You are incorrect. Diablo is about farming AND trading what you don't need for what you do.

The account bound crap reaps of WoW.
Prime0882
AG
^ Better start worshiping at the alter of RNGesus if you want to get some of these items.

Was reading that some of the crafted legendaries now require a gem that costs 10 million to make, and whatever random drop you need.

All the cash I made from selling stuff on the AH has quickly evaporated after buying the newest Hellfire Ring design, and leveling my Crusader into the 60s. Hopefully over time Blizz will reduce the gold costs of some of this stuff if they plan on keeping everything BoA.
benMath08
AG
Well, the auction house didn't work and Blizzard doesn't want to support a black market cash shop, so we have bind to account items. Personally I'm having a lot of fun with the game itself.
Madmarttigan
AG
The system is a good system. It gives you a reason to keep playing looking for upgrades otherwise people will just pay their way to elite characters again and if pvp ever happens you will appreciate RNG for people having to work to get their gear.
AtlAg05
AG
As I get better items I'm changing my skills. Which provides a lot more enjoyment than using the same skills in the same cookie cutter char.
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
As I get better items I'm changing my skills. Which provides a lot more enjoyment than using the same skills in the same cookie cutter char.

Me too... I got some good lightning gear so now I'm a lightning barb
stridulent
AG
Just wait until they bring back ladders.
SwigAg11
AG
Has Blizzard released anything about bringing back the ladder system?
Madmarttigan
AG
Once upon a time they might have mentioned it but I think it is unlikely....
benMath08
AG
Ladders are coming in the first major content patch. There aren't a lot of details or a timeline for the patch but it's coming Soon(TM).

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-season-ladders-confirmed-coming-soon
Ewok It Out08
AG
So I've searched Google a few times to try to get an answer on this (and I apologize if I overlooked a link), but does anyone know (or can link) the enrage timers on bosses? Are there different timers based on difficulties?

I am not so worried about enrage timers on my softcore toons but for my hardcore characters, I often sacrifice damage for toughness. As a result, boss fights even on Master can take some time (4-5 minutes).
benMath08
AG
I might be making this up but I don't think bosses have enrage timers any more.
Hagen95
AG
A few of us have been crusading and maybe it is just me, but the crusader seems pretty OP.

I may change my tune when I finally get him up to 70 and play upper torment levels...
Ewok It Out08
AG
Yeah I was not sure either but in one of the last patch notes, this was added:

"In addition, the enrage timers for the following Bosses will only be enabled in Torment I and above

The Butcher
Zoltun Kulle
Belial
Ghom
Siegebreaker
Rakanoth"
benMath08
AG
I guess there are enrage timers:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11915301617

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888890738
Prime0882
AG
Hit 70 on the Monk, Crusader, and Wizard so far.

The crusader, for me, fell off hardcore in dps around level 65 and still hasn't increased much as I've run bounties with him. At level 70 it's been a pretty decent tank, but I don't feel like I contribute much yet outside of the buffs that I give. I might embrace that and go much more of a support build than what I was trying: +Crit Law, +crit judgement, Phalanx - Bowmen, popping all three when the cool-downs are up and then using Falling Sword for big damage. The cool-downs feel way too long for the crusader since some of his skills are similar to other classes, but with a longer cool-down. He's got some good survivability though.

I was still playing the monk as a pretty tanky toon as well until I found a diabo that reduces the cool-down on Seven Sided Strike by like 60%. Now I run around him half tanking whenever I'm not using SSS every 8 seconds.

I got lucky with the Wiz and got a nice Maximus (2her that summons a demon with fire chains connected to you). That's turned me into a fire wiz running around face tanking with Spectral Blades while always trying to position the chains to do millions in damage. Those chains crit big, and crit often.

Going to use the wiz to start farming keys for the new Hellfire Ring if anyone cares to join.
Ewok It Out08
AG
Thanks Ben. Appreciate the links. If I find anything Ill post as well.
benMath08
AG
quote:
Hit 70 on the Monk, Crusader, and Wizard so far.

Your experience was pretty similar to mine getting a wizard and crusader to 70. I've been fortunate to find decent gear and have good enchant rolls that my frozen orb wizard has about 900k paper doll damage and melts T2 on solo play.

My crusader was super OP from 0-60 due to my lvl60 hellfire ring and rubies in sockets. From 61-70 was a very significant drop in killing speed, although my toughness was even better than my lvl 70 wizard. I managed to get to 70, and after equipping a couple items found with my wizard and gambling a few more I feel like I have decent power at the moment, but nothing approaching my wizard. The tanky play style is pretty fun though, it's a completely opposite approach from my wizard. I've seen other people's builds posted and with the right gear I know the crusader can do significant damage, it's just tougher because there's very little self-buffs as compared to wiz.
Wheatables02
AG
Got a badass legendary amulet last night that absorbs all arcanec damage and heals you for twenty five percent of it and redirects the rest towards elites
PMD03
AG
quote:
I got lucky with the Wiz and got a nice Maximus (2her that summons a demon with fire chains connected to you). That's turned me into a fire wiz running around face tanking with Spectral Blades while always trying to position the chains to do millions in damage. Those chains crit big, and crit often.

Going to use the wiz to start farming keys for the new Hellfire Ring if anyone cares to join.

I'm with you on both items. Is the new ring just upgraded stats?
Ewok It Out08
AG
Wheatables - That Amulet is pretty sick. Ive been looking for that to use on my hardcore barb.
benMath08
AG
The new hellfire ring bumps the bonus xp from 35% to 45% and changes the proc to be a fire ring that does 200% weapon damage. The rest of the ring should be identical, with the exception that instead of dedicated rings for each stat type you just craft it on a class that uses the main stat you want.

The new hellfire ring requires a level 12 jeweler as opposed to the level 10 jeweler for the old ring.

[This message has been edited by benMath08 (edited 3/31/2014 4:30p).]
txag2k
AG
Heck ya, going to try and get a new hellfire asap.
SwigAg11
AG
I also think the new hellfire ring is lvl 70 required.
BourbonAg
AG
Got a Thunderfury last night. Too bad I was only Lvl 42
Prime0882
AG
^ Apologize for hating on you now that I know it's level 42.

1 handed drops seem to be pretty rare, for me. Mostly get a lot of 2hers on my Monk, Crusader, and Wiz. Haven't seen any off hand items either.
txag2k
AG
I have ZERO luck with drops. RNG f'ing with me.
Ewok It Out08
AG
Yeah I've had fairly poor luck myself as of late. I had this drop for one of my lower level toons:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/covens-criterion-dzvKS

Very disappointed since I will be building my Crusader with a high priority for shield block. The Legendary proc just seems very strong, especially if you are sitting at around 70-80% block and since damage is applied after being reduced by armor and resistances.
txag2k
AG
MOAR key runs again tonight. 1/4 in getting organ drops last night. Built up a good amount of dragon's breath in the process though.
Cromagnum
AG
Exploiting Manglemaw. Have not tried this myself yet, but will tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNopz42JgdE
Average Joe
AG
The last two days I've done tons of bounties and rifts on T1 and have only got the Nemesis Bracer (champion spawns with each shrine) and an adventurers journal (my fourth). Meanwhile, my buddy I ran them all with has had at least 20 legendaries drop including 3 set pieces and set plans. The latest hot fix ruined my drops.
Hagen95
AG
Yes the key runs are going to be on tonight.
Prime0882
AG
I'll be on my wizard (Abbracadaver)for all your face tanking wizzy needs for key runs. Got a couple last night, and even enough for one full machine.

Act I keywarden is being stingy again though. 1 3 3 3.
boboguitar
AG
Should be on tonight as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.